Non-motoring > Camp site recommendation North Yorkshire Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Skoda Replies: 5

Camp site recommendation North Yorkshire - Skoda
Planning on nipping south of the border for a spot of camping this ~Thursday and make a weekend of it. Fingers crossed the weather will be decent.

I learned my lesson last time, you southerners aren't keen on folks roughing it, so we'll book into a proper camp site. Nothing to do with not wanting to get a new car manky, honest :-)

Any recommendations for a decent campsite in the North Yorkshire area? Should get half decent weather this weekend and there's loads of good countryside to have a wander through, maybe even wrap up and head over to the coast.

Ideally the site would be within walking / stumbling distance of a pub, even better if there's transport links nearby to a city / town for a decent night out.

Prefer not to end up like Edinburgh City Council did with the anarchists campsite the other year (they setup a campsite and put the anarchists in the middle of the roughest housing estate in the city - still makes me chuckle)
 Camp site recommendation North Yorkshire - Bigtee
www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/results.asp?county=North%20Yorkshire

Plenty of choice and plenty of great pubs (or there were last year if there not shut down now.!!)
 Camp site recommendation North Yorkshire - legacylad
Just up the road from me is Knight Stainforth Hall site, in the upper Ribble valley. Lovely site adjacent to Stainforth Foss...wrong time of year to see the salmon leaping.Great walking country and a pub in Stainforth, althought my local, the Harts Head in Giggleswick is better. Two decent curry houses in Settle, plus an Italian.
Easy access to the M6...about 25 /30 mins away.
 Camp site recommendation North Yorkshire - Bromptonaut
Yuo could get up to Leyburn & have a C4P club meet with Iffy?
 Camp site recommendation North Yorkshire - Iffy
...Yuo could get up to Leyburn & have a C4P club meet with Iffy?...

This is a nice quiet site, don't want some loony Scotsman track testing his hot Skoda around here. :)

Blinkin' cold last night, so bring some warm snuggly things for sleeping.

Skoda mentions a decent night out, which is not North Yorkshire's strongest point.

Best to look for a site within striking distance of Richmond, which has certainly got a few pubs, and might even have a nightclub.

Camp site recommendation North Yorkshire - Skoda
Thanks for this, the stainforth one looks interesting. Loads of good looking trails nearby. Just hope the weather turns better, forecast changed twice now. If not we'll choose a different part of the country.

Don't worry iffy, best behaviour, no launch control starts at 6am :-)
Latest Forum Posts