Non-motoring > Mission Impossible Miscellaneous
Thread Author: sooty123 Replies: 14

Mission Impossible - sooty123
www.channel4.com/programmes/hestons-mission-impossible/4od#3170300

Anyone catch any of these shows? Just watching them now, what are people's thoughts?
 Mission Impossible - RattleandSmoke
I watched the entire series, I was find his programmes interesting. I was most impressed with the Royal Navy one and thought of Old Navy. He really needs to watch that one as it features a nuclear submarine.
I'm watching that one now. I thought the food on the nuc subs was top class, especially on the Vanguard class, although they weren't on. But maybe they don't, mind you £2.34 per man per day won't get you much.
 Mission Impossible - Zero
>> I'm watching that one now. I thought the food on the nuc subs was top
>> class, especially on the Vanguard class, although they weren't on. But maybe they don't, mind
>> you £2.34 per man per day won't get you much.

Actually when you think about it that's quite good. That's only for ingredients, and for a compliment of 100 guys you are spending 234 quid a day on them.
It's has to cover about 500 meals it's not a big amount.
Last edited by: sooty123 on Sat 2 Apr 11 at 21:45
Think about it. We spend 100 quid a week on food at home, for three of us and we eat well buying at Waitrose.

Thats 14 quid a day. Three people in our house, that's £4.66 each a day. I could easily halve that by getting trade price and cooking in bulk if I were a chef.
I wish I could spend £4.66 a day on food! But then I am a fatty these days!.

I must stop buying those crappy microwave meals. Do we have cooked meals but not every day.

Mission Impossible - Crankcase
I would think, back of envelope, we spend about £2.34 each per day on food.
You're forgetting cost of cooking as well etc. Unless you just eat veg I would find it nearly impossible. I could live on £5 for food a day though quite easily.
Ah yes, thats what I said above. There is no other cost to feed to crew. The cook is part of the crew anyway, you dont have to pay for cooking fuel, or rent and rates for the galley. There is virtually no cost for cooking. Just ingredients.
Last edited by: Zero on Sat 2 Apr 11 at 22:03
 Mission Impossible - Old Navy
The food was not a problem untill Mr Blumenthal needed some publicity. Glad he didn't get near any submarine that I was in.
Iu'm not saying it's not impossible or really difficult, I'm just saying it's not a massive amount for those on a sub where good food would be quite important.
That is what Heston basically did. It didn't make sense that the guys driving the thing were fed on fish and chips.
Yee gads man, no fish and chips on a friday, sacrilage man ;-)
 Mission Impossible - bathtub tom
A local curry house was prosecuted for VAT fraud. The owner was jailed (a couple of hundred yards away). The inmates reckon it was the best food they'd ever had, once he was installed in the kitchen.

He sold his original curry house and set up a new one adjacent to the jail wall.
Latest Forum Posts