Non-motoring > Time share fees Miscellaneous
Thread Author: MD Replies: 22

Time share fees - MD
One for the legal boys perhaps, but any sensible view much appreciated. We have a 1 week time share in Portugal which we cannot seem to sell. Can’t pay the fees due to circumstances. They have started to speak of court action. What is the likely time scale. Will/can it be referred back to uk as I believe here that as a defendant it can be referred to one’s local court. How much run around time do I have.

Cheers,

MD
 Time share fees - Zero
Juts for clarity Martin, this is a Portuguese company, Yes?

There is no finance outstanding with a British bank either?

How do you pay the company, where and in what currency?

Time share fees - Runfer D'Hills
Martin, a radical thought but have you considered giving it away or even selling it at a ludicrously low price? Of course you would lose any "investment" value but if the belt is tight right now at least you lose the debt too if you do. Might be a weight off your mind.

Good luck whatever you do.
Last edited by: Humph D'Bout on Tue 5 Apr 11 at 12:42
 Time share fees - MD
To Zero, I will revert when Erin doors answers those questions.

Humph. I have tried before and I will again, but I believe there is little hope. I would be glad to be rid. Nice place if you like the Algarve. Tip top apartment too.

Thanks.
 Time share fees - MD
Q. Juts for clarity Martin, this is a Portuguese company, Yes?

Q. there is no finance outstanding with a British bank either?

Q. How do you pay the company, where and in what currency?

A. We 'believe' that it is Portuguese.

A. Regarding finance outstanding do you mean us and if so, no.

A. Sterling cheque to Portugal.

Thanks Z.
 Time share fees - Zero
Hmmm

I *think* that the worse that will happen is they will sell the debt to a UK collection agency, who will try and pursue you, but probably unable to take out a british court order..
 Time share fees - Clk Sec
Have you though about raffling it, Martin? I'll buy a ticket.
 Time share fees - MD
You Sir, can have it if you pay the legals.
 Time share fees - MD
We have has a convoluted letter about some actions in the Portuguese courts regarding themselves (we think) it isn't that clear and for one or two of the years there was no bill. I guess they may be in a bit of pickle. Petchey was the original owners/operators name. a UK citizen I believe with 'history' I think it is still owned by the Petchey group. For now I think I will keep below the parapet.

Regards, Martin.
 Time share fees - Perky Penguin
Is this over and above your Spanish one Martin? I can give some pointers on Spanish Law in regard to this question
 Time share fees - MD
>> Is this over and above your Spanish one Martin? I can give some pointers on
>> Spanish Law in regard to this question
>>
Yes
 Time share fees - helicopter
www.timesharetalk.co.uk/index.php?topic=14135.0

Martin , I suggest that you pay nothing and 'wait and see'.Be wary and particularly do not get involved with people who offer to resell your timeshare for you.

www.oft.gov.uk/news-and-updates/press/2009/10-09

Time share fees - MD
>> www.timesharetalk.co.uk/index.php?topic=14135.0
>>
>> Martin , I suggest that you pay nothing and 'wait and see'.Be wary and particularly
>> do not get involved with people who offer to resell your timeshare for you.
>>
>> www.oft.gov.uk/news-and-updates/press/2009/10-09
>>
I would only ever sell it through the site itself.
 Time share fees - Falkirk Bairn
How much is the invoice?

Why not try and advertise your week(s) in the local paper.

I would quite like some time in the Algarve - there must be a lot more like me.

You might make a profit and pay the maintenance bill !!!
FB and others - here is a list of resales at Las Casitas, Playa Blanca, Lanzarote

www.wimpen.com/en/Las-Casitas/resales.htm

2 roomed villa for 2 weeks costs £700 a year in maintenance fees + airfares @ £150 return, per person, so a cheap holiday it is not!
Last edited by: Perky Penguin on Tue 5 Apr 11 at 14:55
 Time share fees - MD
It's yours FB if you want it, genuinely.
 Time share fees - helicopter
Martin,

Is it Clube Praia da Oura? If so , this website is very interesting.

www.cpo-tales-of-woe.co.uk/

Time share fees - MD
It is not 'Chopper' me ol' mate, but I know of the place. 'Ours' is next door and was originally called the Montechoro Beach Club.

Thanks for posting that link. Me and the Ayatollah have been trying to think of the time we were at CPO for a short break (on the reco' of a friend!!) and it was shi. (Sorry Vx). Our Daughter who has a wicked sense of humour gained from Lord knows where! stated over dinner and in company that it stood for......................Crap Package 'Olidays. She only ever listened and never commented until she had a pearler to deliver. She was about 11 at the time.

Martin.
 Time share fees - slowdown avenue
i would guess that if you sighned the deeds back to them they would be quids in.
and you could wash your hands of it
 Time share fees - MD
>> i would guess that if you sighned the deeds back to them they would be
>> quids in.
>> and you could wash your hands of it
>>
I am going to think about this SD. It sounds like a good idea. Need to gather thoughts. Thank you.

Martin.
 Time share fees - Dulwich Estate
These fees can be a problem and I can't offer any better ideas than given so far.

When a relative died a couple of years back the direct descendants didn't want the timeshare in the Canaries and touted it around the family. We took a look at the figures and taking the fees into account we didn't even want it for free. We worked out that a flight and an independent booking once a year would cost us less than the fees with no commitment whatsoever. I don't think anybody ever took it on.

Good luck with the disposal.
 Time share fees - Clk Sec
>>timeshare in the Canaries

I'm not surprised that many people have apartments in the Canaries. The last time we were there we were approached on numerous occasions by timeshare touts.
You are right DE. I bought mine 25 years ago and it was a fair price then. I agree with you that a 2 week holiday can be booked, self-catering and flights, for less than the timeshare outgoings. In my particular case, the villa is very well equipped, granite work-tops, flat screen TV, DVD player, fully equipped for 6 people and 5 minutes from the town centre so no need for a hire car. That said I appreciate that I am lucky with my situation.
Latest Forum Posts