Non-motoring > DECT phones Miscellaneous
Thread Author: smokie Replies: 10

DECT phones - smokie
I bought a quad set of these a while back and a couple of them are playing up now - not "answering" the call when picked up and very short battery life. They've all had new batteries recently.

I read somewhere that so long as all phones are DECT you can add different manufacturers etc to the network - anyone got any experience of this?

(I'm thinking that rather than replace the whole set I might be able to find replacements for the two duff ones, and even add some more maybe).
 DECT phones - Zero
the other two will be going out in sympathy any time soon.
 DECT phones - Perky Penguin
If they are playing up I will bet they are not Panasonic! ISTR that I replaced a duff BT Synergy handset (very low earphone volume) by going on e bay.

Re Panasonic someone is selling a complete 4 phone set for £15 and a single handset for £7. Have a look there for your make and model, you might be lucky, I hope.
 DECT phones - teabelly
If those and the replacements are gap compliant then theoretically they should work. Alternatively you could try writing to the manufacturer to say you don't think they have been very good and you have been put off purchasing their brand in future. You might get lucky and get a voucher or a free repair.

If they're not answering a call then I wonder if the answer button has got sticky with something? My panasonic played up and it had been caused by coffee spillage. I cleaned it all out and then it was fine after that.
 DECT phones - spamcan61
>>
>> I read somewhere that so long as all phones are DECT you can add different
>> manufacturers etc to the network - anyone got any experience of this?
>>
They need to be GAP compatible, most DECT phones are (even if they helpfully don't advertise the fact). I've got Binatone and BT DECT phones on the same network at Spamcan Towers, the only thing that doesn't work is internal calls between different handset brands.
 DECT phones - busbee
If you and Mrs spam. . . sometimes wish to use a phone each at the same time, to talk to a 3-party it can be worth buying the new phones with their own a base station, as you can then do that using one from each. Obviously turn off one of the base stations so as not to record.

I was not able to do that with a pair and the one base station.

DECT phones - spamcan61
Ah right, cheers, might give that a bash, as I do have a base station for each set available (one currently just used as a charger).
 DECT phones - legacylad
If it helps,
Just received an email from Dixons this am...one day only...set of 3 Panasonic DECT phones @ £44.00.
Not sure if further phones can be added
 DECT phones - spamcan61
>> If it helps,
>> Just received an email from Dixons this am...one day only...set of 3 Panasonic DECT phones
>> @ £44.00.
>> Not sure if further phones can be added
>>

Good spot, Amazon have a similar deal for a slightly different Panny phone:-

www.hotukdeals.com/deals/panasonic-kx-tg6523eb-dect-trio-digital-cordless-phone-set-with-answer-machine-b/912644
 DECT phones - WillDeBeest
Panasonics aren't infallible. We have a grey one that works well, so I bought a black pair and added them to the grey base station. One works fine, with the exception of the address book copy feature, which is a bit hit and miss; the other is forever losing touch with the base station and having to be reconnected. I've pretty well given up on making it work consistently.

Still, would I recommend Panasonic phones? Yes, but I'd suggest you buy as many as you need all at once rather than trying to build a system from different models as I've done.
 DECT phones - Boxsterboy
There was a thread on DECT phones before. Our B&O Beocom 6000 phones are still working faultlessly, and are a delight to use. But so they should be at the price!
Latest Forum Posts