Non-motoring > Device to allow paraplegics to walk again. Miscellaneous
Thread Author: henry k Replies: 10

Device to allow paraplegics to walk again. - henry k
ITV news covered this device being demo-ed by the guy in the video below.
I thought it was a super use of technology.
£100K per kit but hopefully the cost will come down.

www.haaretz.com/news/video-israeli-developed-device-allows-paraplegics-to-walk-again-1.250085
 Device to allow paraplegics to walk again. - sherlock47
For 100k I would have expected it to have gyro sensors that could auto balance and do away with the crutches. It was not clear whether the crutches were used for propulsion or just confidence boosting . IIRC Honda have cracked it with an auto balance robot. Could the Segway or similar be adapted for paraplegics?

What we need is a a hovering platform as the Mekon used to use - roll on the anti-gravity devices!
 Device to allow paraplegics to walk again. - BiggerBadderDave
"For 100k I would have expected it to have gyro sensors"

For 100k I would have expected it to help with his appalling parking skills.
 Device to allow paraplegics to walk again. - Leif
Yeah it is rather expensive, but as you say, the price must come down. I think it is impressive. I know he needs crutches, but there are so many limitations of a wheelchair. Even using a toilet is hard, and trains are impossible unaided.

Someone mentioned the Segway, you would think something along those lines might be feasible for less money.
 Device to allow paraplegics to walk again. - Chris S
RE: "Someone mentioned the Segway, you would think something along those lines might be feasible for less money"

The Segway can't go up or down stairs though.
 Device to allow paraplegics to walk again. - CGNorwich
didn't worry the Daleks
 Device to allow paraplegics to walk again. - Armel Coussine
>> didn't worry the Daleks

They lived in a world of ramps.

Device to allow paraplegics to walk again. - Zero
Daleks lost all credibility in the WW2 & The Daleks episode.

Till then there was something fundamentally scary about a gruesome shapeless ugly blob of evil controlling a deadly machine.

In fact rather like a lorry driver.
< Joke Guys!!!!>
Last edited by: Zero on Fri 8 Apr 11 at 14:16
 Device to allow paraplegics to walk again. - sherlock47
>> didn't worry the Daleks
>>

My money would have been on the Mekon! (in the event of intergalactic strife).
 Device to allow paraplegics to walk again. - Armel Coussine
>> My money would have been on the Mekon!

Mine too. Big brain, galactic domination agenda, lots of tough green henchthings, and most important of all, an all-terrain fairy bike (Digby's expression I seem to remember).

The daleks were just thick and nasty, like a bunch of football fans on cans of wifebeater. I never found out who they were working for. Must have been an idiot though. You can't tax the exterminated.
 Device to allow paraplegics to walk again. - CGNorwich
They were working for Davros who bore a marked similarity to the Mekon in his super intelligence and his plans for domination of the galaxy. Indeed thinking about it quite possibly Davros is the Mekon.
Latest Forum Posts