Non-motoring > Bosch ART 26 strimmer Miscellaneous
Thread Author: L'escargot Replies: 11

Bosch ART 26 strimmer - L'escargot
(a) Is the Bosch ART 26 strimmer a single line type?
(b) Does it have an automatic line feed mechanism or do you have to bump it on the ground?
(c) If you've got one, do you like it?
 Bosch ART 26 strimmer - PeterS
I don't have an ART 26, but did buy an ART 23LI a few weeks ago which doesn't use traditional strimmer line. Instead it uses clip-on blades, which are plastic and about 7cm long: tinyurl.com/6bqlgr7

As a result no feed mechanism at all which, depending on what/where you strim could mean stopping to replace blades quite frequently. Ours doesn't get used against concrete/brick/stone much, so the blades last OK.

The ART26 looks pretty similiar to the ART23, which feels like a pretty robuts bit of equipment. The aluminium shaft feels particularly robust, and the battery lasts plenty long enough for me - it hasn't gone flat in use yet. Not sure that it has the power for really overgrown areas though

HTH

Peter
 Bosch ART 26 strimmer - Zero
Typing Bosch Art 26 into google reveals

www.screwfix.com/p/p/59131?cm_mmc=Google-_-Bosch-_-Landscaping%20and%20Outdoor%20-%20Electric%20Grass%20Trimmers-_-bosch%20art%2026?P=P&gclid=CLnJkO6BlKgCFdFX4QodqVFoCg&source=aw

as the third hit, where all the details and instruction manual are available.

It is, as hinted to above, a blade type strimmer. In my opinion blade strimmers are a PITA.
Last edited by: Zero on Mon 11 Apr 11 at 09:14
 Bosch ART 26 strimmer - Iffy
One thing to look out for on a cord strimmer is two trailing ends.

Mine only has one, apparently two does a better job.

Makes sense, although there must be a cord consumption penalty.

Bosch ART 26 strimmer - Zero
yeah, you use twice as much cord.
 Bosch ART 26 strimmer - BiggerBadderDave
I had/have a Bosch with just one trailing end, dunno what model but it wasn't cheap. It was constantly snapping, a real pain even to get round my modest garden. I took off the bobbin bit to give it a clean and left it on the patio only for my wife to come along and throw the bits away.

Not wishing to pay a premium a second time round I bought a real cheapo job from Lidl. It's a bit shorter so I have to bend over more but in every other way it's much better. Two trailing ends and never snaps.
 Bosch ART 26 strimmer - PeterS
Another good thing about the Bosch, at least the one I have, is that it is 'height adjustable', meaning it's easy enough to use. Would help more if it had a shoulder strap as well

Peter
 Bosch ART 26 Combitrim strimmer - L'escargot
I should have said Bosch ART 26 Combitrim. I've just found this which? report, which answers at least query (b).
 Bosch ART 26 Combitrim strimmer - Zero
www.bosch-pt.co.uk/boptocs2-uk/Garden+tools/Accessories+for+garden+tools/GB/en/aw/Grass+Trimmers/169222/ART+26+Combitrim/9320/index.htm

link to the instruction book on the Bosch page.
 Bosch ART 26 Combitrim strimmer - CGNorwich
Don't think line trimmers are one of Bosch's better products. Bought one to replace a 20 year old Flymo model but its not a patch on the old machine which am still using.
 Bosch ART 26 Combitrim strimmer - Bromptonaut
My 20yo Flymo also continues to give sterling service The line feed jams occasionally but never given a moment's trouble otherwise.
 Bosch ART 26 Combitrim strimmer - L'escargot
>> My 20yo Flymo also continues to give sterling service The line feed jams occasionally but
>> never given a moment's trouble otherwise.
>>

My 1 year old Flymo Power Trim twin line is a real pain. When I tried to change the spool assembly (admittedly not a genuine spare part), as soon as I freed the ends of the line to put them through the holes in the spinner both pieces of line jumped out of my hands as if possessed by the Devil himself and the coils of line unwound like a clock spring. I found it impossible to complete the fitting procedure. The same thing happened when I tried to fit new line to the original spool. You'd need three pairs of hands to be successful. This is why it's got to go ~ probably to the tip. I just hope that the single line Bosch ART Combitrim will be more user-friendly when it comes to fitting new line.
Last edited by: L'escargot on Mon 11 Apr 11 at 12:29
Latest Forum Posts