Non-motoring > Music for AC on Jools Holland - Seun Kuti Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Fenlander Replies: 2

Music for AC on Jools Holland - Seun Kuti - Fenlander
Tonight on Jools Holland, and a repeat extended edition on Friday, Fela Kuti's son Seun is on with Egypt 80. Got to be woth a look.
 Music for AC on Jools Holland - Seun Kuti - Armel Coussine
How civil of you Fenlander.

Yes, Seun has most of the remnants of Fela's utterly mind-blowing band. But like all bands it mutated over time even when Fela was alive. However watch out for Baba Ani, a dignified figure older and smaller than me, once though a very hearty jazz baritone sax player. He's too old for baritone now though, he may sing or play alto or tenor sax or all three... not a lot of people know that he's a sanitary inspector in civilian life.

Baritone is played, or was a few years ago, by another in the endless chain of brilliant Lagos musicians that used to find their way into that band: Showboy. A sprauncy cat.

Anyone else who likes, I don't know how to describe it, well, music it's called, should take a look too.

Last edited by: Armel Coussine on Tue 12 Apr 11 at 20:55
 Music for AC on Jools Holland - Seun Kuti - Armel Coussine
Alas Fenlander... expecting Jools Holland to be after Newsnight, as it has always been, I just got part of the last number by a fat bald tattooed guy with woman drummer (she was good) and woman guitarists, and a group of male wah-wah singers dressed like my old pal Larry... Boring number despite the drummer. Not a sign of the Lagosians who must have played first.

'Earlier with Jools Holland'. Tchah! Might give it a try on Friday.
Latest Forum Posts