Non-motoring > Rubbish service...again ! Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Ted Replies: 18

Rubbish service...again ! - Ted

Every month, I send off my invoices for my part-time work.
February's were sent on March 3rd for payment a couple of weeks later. When the money didn't go in the bank, I phoned and was told they hadn't got my post....could I send duplicates ? I did.

I was surprised today when our postie delivered a ' non-delivered ' envelope from The Post Office and my original invoices were in it, together with a garage bill which I'd settled and two MOTs, which I'd forgotten were in there. All still sealed in my original envelope.

I use address labels, printed in black with a reasonably large font. I just peel one off and stick it on...nothing clever about that, the labels are all the same and have always worked fine. In fact, I rang the office and was told that my duplicates had arrived...no problem. Same label !
Good job I stick my own address label on the back but even so, 6 weeks to get it back to me ?

So, I guess the Post Office weren't interested in doing their job properly or that day's postman was an immegrant from Uzbekisgolia who couldn't read English.
You've got to despair sometimes !

Ted
 Rubbish service...again ! - RattleandSmoke
Do they have to be originals? Would scanned receipts not be enough? Email is very quicker and more reliable than the stupid post. I got sent a cheque for £80 some commission which I have been waiting to cash for a while. It took an entire week to arrive and it was only posted in Eccles.
 Rubbish service...again ! - rtj70
>> Email is very quicker and more reliable than the stupid post

Is very quicker even quicker than quicker?

I sent an email to an uncle/aunt last November via my mobile (and it was sent). It arrived in February of this year! I had sent it again when I knew it hadn't got to them (our new address was the reason for sending). They got the second message immediately.... so where did my email sit for those months ;-)
 Rubbish service...again ! - Iffy
...Email is very quicker and more reliable than the stupid post...

There was an experiment years ago in America to compare the two.

Email was generally faster, but in other respects it was a dead heat.

A tiny proportion of both the letters and the emails failed to arrive.
 Rubbish service...again ! - Ted

Like Z, I got an email (from a guy I'd ordered some spares from ) in February...sent October 28th.

I only send 1 a month to this firm and they want the originals...scanned copies of MOTs are no use.

Ted
 Rubbish service...again ! - teabelly
Look at Ronin and Paymo. They both offer online invoicing and time tracking. Ronin is free for 2 clients or fewer.
 Rubbish service...again ! - Old Navy
I agree with using email, I am picking up a hire car soon while the company is shut for Easter. They emailed me the agreement, I signed it and returned it by email, the keys will be in a safe in their yard which they have given me the pin number for. All done from my armchair to halfway around the world.
Last edited by: Old Navy on Thu 14 Apr 11 at 18:46
 Rubbish service...again ! - rtj70
But what cruiser you getting ON? Is it a beefy Holden with lots of oomph. Is it a ute?
No such luck, I am paying the bill!

Toyota Camry 2.4 petrol, (wash your mouth out), 5 speed auto. I used one last time I was there, it is well suited to their roads. I will not be straying much beyond the suburbs of Perth this time, but even that is a huge area.
 Rubbish service...again ! - Zero
Oh ON! what a disappointment..

Next time I am over there I am getting the keys to a very large Ford Falcon, with an even larger engine.
>> Next time I am over there I am getting the keys to a very large
>> Ford Falcon, with an even larger engine.
>>
Been there, done that, grown out of the boy racer bit, and a Holden. Just Ford and GM barges.
Last edited by: Old Navy on Thu 14 Apr 11 at 21:49
 Rubbish service...again ! - Zero

>> grown out of the boy racer bit,

= become a senile old misery
:-P
Last edited by: Old Navy on Thu 14 Apr 11 at 21:56
 Rubbish service...again ! - RattleandSmoke
I remember when I ordered my car apart from the initial phone call all the DVLA paper work was all signed via PDFs and email.

Would have delayed delivery by a few days if that wasn't possible but the I guess before email we had FAXes before that and any time before fax was the dark ages anyway :p.

Rubbish service...again ! - Alanovich
>> So, I guess the Post Office weren't interested in doing their job properly or that
>> day's postman was an immegrant from Uzbekisgolia who couldn't read English.

Received wisdom being that standards of teaching are so low that no-one leaves school literate any more, I don't see the point of assuming it's an immigrant who can't read English.
 Rubbish service...again ! - Bromptonaut
>> Received wisdom being that standards of teaching are so low that no-one leaves school literate
>> any more, I don't see the point of assuming it's an immigrant who can't read
>> English.

Received wisdom = Daily Wail reports. Go figure!!
 Rubbish service...again ! - L'escargot
>> ............ or that
>> day's postman was an immegrant from Uzbekisgolia who couldn't read English.

What's an immegrant?
:-D
 Rubbish service...again ! - Roger.
Someone who can't spell?
 Rubbish service...again ! - Clk Sec
A sum of money.
Latest Forum Posts