Non-motoring > When do chickens cluck? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: L'escargot Replies: 6

When do chickens cluck? - L'escargot
Do chickens cluck before, during, or after laying an egg?
 When do chickens cluck? - Fenlander
Ours (5) seem to have constant conversations. Around/after egg laying, when others are laying eggs and taking up the best spot in the house, when they're worried, when they want food, when they want to be let out etc.

Are next door getting some then?
 When do chickens cluck? - L'escargot
>> Ours (5) seem to have constant conversations. Around/after egg laying, when others are laying eggs
>> and taking up the best spot in the house, when they're worried, when they want
>> food, when they want to be let out etc.
>>
>> Are next door getting some then?
>>

They've just got six.
 When do chickens cluck? - Mike Hannon
I think clucking is quite restful. When our neighbours had chickens (until bird flu a few years ago) the drawback was the darned rooster. He had no sense of time at all - 'cockcrow' could be any time of day, or night.
Ahh... that's usually why folks ask!

At the moment ours are min 150ft from nearest house and in a rural area. We have a proposed move that may pan out over the next 3-12mths (market permitting) and it will be to a *normal* house in a village situation but likely with a small garden where the chickens could be easily heard by another 3-5 households. To be honest I'd rather we give them up to avoid annoying anyone.

Having said that I may need some weapon to combat the fumes and noise fron adj BBQs all summer!
 When do chickens cluck? - bathtub tom
>>I may need some weapon to combat the fumes and noise fron adj BBQs all summer!

Many years ago I attempted to prevent my BBQ from rusting over Winter by coating it with used engine oil. The ensuing clouds of smoke when next used had to be seen to be believed!
Yes... that's the sort of thing I fear with a return to close living.
Last edited by: Fenlander on Sat 16 Apr 11 at 11:42
Latest Forum Posts