Non-motoring > What Are You Doing on Friday? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Duncan Replies: 248

What Are You Doing on Friday? - Duncan
My local sports and social club has an all day event on Friday. The bar will be open, there are games and competitions (best hat, best outfit etc) for the kids. The telly in the bar will be playing away to itself.

Lady Duncan will probably watch the church ceremony on the box at home, while I go out for a bike ride (pushbike). Then we will probably wander over to the club and take part in the festivities.

What are you planning to do?
 What Are You Doing on Friday? - R.P.
Taking a day off the Census (crammed the hours in last weekend) on Friday - so it may be a two-wheeled trip somewhere or if it's raining something else (maybe family by car) - there won't be a street party here.....and no need to shake my fist at passing SAR helicopters.
 What Are You Doing on Friday? - Perky Penguin
I am taking a day cruise on the Thames with lunch and drinks and hoping that if there is TV the sound will be off and/or I can sit somewhere where I don't have to watch it. I hope everybody who is involved has a great day and those who aren't that interested can avoid it but have a nice time as welll!
 What Are You Doing on Friday? - Zero
with all the SAR helicopter guys being at the wedding, its not a good day for a cruise.
>> - there won't be a street party here.....
>>

I read - or heard - that Richmond in Surrey has had the most applications for street parties. Glasgow has received no applications.

How are the Welsh reacting to the wedding?
Dunno, passed some tacky memorabilia in the Poundshops - not an Union Jack in sight so-far. BBC Wales News keeps fawning over them but at least they don't have that ridiculous and ridiculed Nicholas Witchell poncing around. Apparently she shops in the local Waitrose.
 What Are You Doing on Friday? - PeterS
We're leaving the country tomorrow morning and returning next Monday when it's (hopefully...) all over!
 What Are You Doing on Friday? - smokie
SWMBO says all those miseries that don;t want to watch it should not be given the day off work.

Just as well I'm still unemployed eh? :-)
 What Are You Doing on Friday? - RattleandSmoke
Just another working day for me, not sure if I am out on Thursday or Saturday yet though. If I go out Thursday night I will have Friday off.
I'm only staying off work as I may have to work the weekend (again) but then again maybe not depending how next week pans out work wise....should have doe the 25 hour option, but no I was greedy.
 What Are You Doing on Friday? - Robin O'Reliant
Self employed, working and when I get home I will be watching the snooker on interactive. Weddings bore me, royal weddings even more so.
And the snooker is exciting?
 What Are You Doing on Friday? - -
Working and glad to be, if i wasn't i wouldn't put the telly on to anything remotely terrestrial, end up doing a Father Jack and bricking the screen.
>> And the snooker is exciting?
>>
Takes my mind off how West Ham are doing :-(
only excessive quantities of alcohol and mind altering drugs is going to do that.
>> only excessive quantities of alcohol and mind altering drugs is going to do that.
>>
Hmmm, perhaps if I started tripping on acid I might hallucinate that they are Premier League and European champions?

Thanks for the tip, I'll look into it.
Look on the bright side, when they are relegated we can sack the useless bleedin manager.
>> Look on the bright side, when they are relegated we can sack the useless bleedin
>> manager.
>>
He looks like an older version of Prince William (but without the Prince's football brain).
 What Are You Doing on Friday? - Armel Coussine
I work most days when there's nothing else I have to do. So I will probably be working, as I have been today and yesterday.

However some here may have noticed that when working I often spend a lot of time fooling around as it were between paragraphs. I seldom look at daytime TV apart from F1. But I am quite capable of making an exception for a 'national event'. I'm not snobbish about these things like some.

It's all right being freelance as long as you don't expect to get rich and don't give much of a damn what people think.
Last edited by: Armel Coussine on Mon 25 Apr 11 at 21:44
 What Are You Doing on Friday? - Ted

No doubt the Grand Duchess will be slobbed out on the settee here with some chocs, crisps and a few cans of Bobby's lager.

If it's a dry day I might get the Black Pig out of her garage and go for a solitary spin down to the Poplar truckstop for a cuppa and a bun. She's out on Monday to a ' community day ' at Culcheth where they want some old cars on display. Me mates taking his 2CV and our brides have expressed an interest.....no doubt a free lunch helped there !

Plenty of unwatched stuff on DVD to watch......might keep the blueys hidden if she's about, though. All our kids and grandkids are away in Mablethorpe for a long weekend in a mobile home.

I do wish them all the best, it seems a love match. It's about time in that family ! Looking forward to having a Princess Chelsy on the firm, perhaps, later !!!

Ted
 What Are You Doing on Friday? - Dave_
I'll have the wedding on the box and encourage my daughter to take an interest - it's something everyone will have an opinion on, so I feel she should have the opportunity to do the same. There's the whole fairytale princess thing to consider too, it's supposed to be something every little girl dreams of isn't it?

Or we might go to Alton Towers, I haven't decided yet ;)
 What Are You Doing on Friday? - Crankcase
Why? What's happening on Friday?
 What Are You Doing on Friday? - CGNorwich
"Why? What's happening on Friday?"

Its the 66th anniversary of Adolf Hitler marrying his long-time partner Eva Braun in a Berlin bunker Both Hitler and Braun commited suicide the next day.
Last edited by: CGNorwich on Mon 25 Apr 11 at 22:58
 What Are You Doing on Friday? - Kevin
>It's about time in that family !

A bit more depth to the Royal gene pool is definitely to be welcomed.

>Looking forward to having a Princess Chelsy on the firm, perhaps, later !!!

And Prince Wayne or D-Wayne?

Has anyone else noticed the number of serial killers in the US who have a middle name of Wayne or D-Wayne?
There are very few actually. Mind America does have a lot of serial killers to choose from

Charles Albright: AKA "The Eyeball Killer"; convicted of murdering three prostitutes in Dallas, Texas; sentenced to life imprisonment in 1991
Rodney James Alcala: AKA "the Dating Game Killer"; convicted rapist and serial killer
Amy Archer-Gilligan: poisoned a husband and four of her nursing home's residents with arsenic or strychnine in Windsor, Connecticut in the 1910s
Benjamin Atkins: AKA the "Woodward Corridor Killer"; mission-oriented killer who raped and strangled eleven women in Detroit in 1991 and 1992
Joe Ball: AKA "The Alligator Man"; killed at least 20 women in the early 20th century in Texas
Velma Barfield: two husbands and two boyfriends died mysteriously with two proving to be arsenic poisoning; confessed to killing three more including her mother
Herb Baumeister: suspected of killing 20+ men along I-70; fled and committed suicide after remains of 11 were found on his Westfield, Indiana property
bloody Benders: family who killed guests at their inn in Labette County, Kansas in 1872
Robert Berdella: convicted of killing six men in 1988 in Kansas City, Missouri; sexually tortured and dismembered his victims
David Berkowitz: AKA "Son of Sam" and "The .44 Caliber Killer"; convicted of six murders in New York
Kenneth Bianchi and Angelo Buono Jr: AKA the "Hillside Strangler"; killers of 12 women and possibly involved in three other killings
Richard Biegenwald: convicted of killing five people in the early 1980s in the Asbury Park, New Jersey area; suspected in at least six other murders
Arthur Gary Bishop: Utah man who murdered five young boys; executed in 1988
Lawrence Bittaker and Roy Norris: kidnapped, tortured, raped and murdered five girls in 1979
Terry Blair: Kansas City serial killer and rapist; active 1982–2004
William Bonin: AKA "The Freeway Killer"; with several accomplices, claimed the lives of 20 boys in California
Dallen Bounds: killed two strangers, his girlfriend and her ex-husband in 1999
Gary Ray Bowles: beat and strangled six men to death to steal their credit cards in 1994
Briley Brothers: three brothers and an accomplice responsible for 11 murders in the 1970s in Richmond, Virginia
Jerry Brudos: AKA "The Lust Killer" and "Shoe Fetish Slayer"; killed at least five women in Oregon
Judy Buenoano: poisoned her husband, boyfriend and son with arsenic in the 1970s; drowned the son in 1980 but caught in 1983 after poisoning and car bombing a fiancee
Ted Bundy: law student who raped and murdered more than 35 women in six states; escaped from prison twice before being executed in Florida State Prison on January 24, 1989
Ricardo Caputo: AKA "The Lady Killer"; visionary Argentine bluebeard who strangled four women across North America in the 1970s becoming one of the FBI 10 Most Wanted
Harvey Carignan: AKA the "Want-Ad Killer"; raped and beat four young women to death in 1972 and 1973 having escaped hanging for a 1949 killing on a technicality
David Carpenter: AKA the "Trailside Killer"; murdered five women on San Francisco-area hiking trails between 1979 and 1981
Michael Bear Carson and Suzan Carson: nomadic hippie killers involved in the counter-culture movement; suspects in 12 homicides; sentenced to life imprisonment for three San Francisco Bay Area murders in 1983
Dean Carter: murdered at least four women
Richard Chase: AKA "The Vampire of Sacramento"; murdered six people in California the 1970s
Thor Nis Christiansen: shot dead and committed necrophilia on four young women in Isla Vista, California in the late 1970s
Joseph Christopher: AKA the "Midtown Slasher"; racist who killed twelve African Americans in 1980 and 1981, mutilating two of them
Doug Clark: AKA "Sunset Strip Killer"; killed at least seven people during 1980
Cynthia Coffman: kidnapped four women by ATMs before accomplice strangled them in five weeks in 1986
Carroll Cole: killed 16 people between 1948 and 1980; executed in 1985
Alton Coleman: multi-state killer whose killings took place during two months in 1984; convicted of murder in three states
John Norman Collins: committed in Ypsilanti and Ann Arbor between 1967 and 1969
Ray and Faye Copeland: oldest couple ever sentenced to death in the United States at the ages of 75 and 69; convicted of killing five men; modus operandi was to hire unskilled drifters as farm hands and later kill them
Dean Corll and Elmer Wayne Henley: committed the Houston Mass Murders in the 1970s
Juan Corona: California killer convicted of murdering 25 men in 1971
Tony Costa: killed, dismembered and mutilated four women in Cape Cod in the late 1960s; linked to at least four other deaths and disappearances
Richard Cottingham: AKA the "Torso Killer"; convicted of murdering six women around New York City between 1967 and 1980
Juan Covington: shot dead three people including his cousin and a co-worker in Philadelphia in 1998 and 2005
Andre Crawford a convicted serial killer, who killed 11 women between 1993 to 1997
Charles Cullen: nurse in New Jersey and Pennsylvania who killed as many as 40 patients through lethal injection
Andrew Cunanan: shot dead two friends and two strangers in two weeks in Spring 1997; killed Gianni Versace two months later before committing suicide
Jeffrey Dahmer: Milwaukee, Wisconsin cannibal who kept heads, skulls and body parts in his apartment for sexual gratification; convicted of 15 murders, but believed responsible for at least two others
Thomas Dillon: serial sniper who killed five men in southeastern Ohio between 1989 and 1992
Westley Allan Dodd: raped and murdered three boys in 1989; executed on January 5, 1993
Ronald Dominique: confessed to raping and murdering at least 23 men in Louisiana; sentenced to eight life sentences in 2008
Nannie Doss: AKA "The Giggling Granny" and "The Jolly Black Widow"; serial poisoner who killed 11 family members
Brian Dugan: convicted of murdering two girls and a woman between 1983 and 1985
Joseph E. Duncan III: abducted and murdered a boy in 1997; bludgeoned three people to death in 2005 home invasion to abduct two more children, one of whom he shot weeks later
Paul Durousseau: murdered seven in southeast United States between 1997 and 2003; may have killed while stationed in Germany with the Army
Mack Ray Edwards: convicted of murdering three children after confessing to the murders of six in Los Angeles County between 1953 and 1969; claimed at one point to have killed as many as 18
Walter Ellis: AKA the "Milwaukee North Side Strangler"; convicted of killing seven prostitutes in Wisconsin between 1986 and 2007
Scott Erskine: convicted of raping and murdering a woman in 1989 and the torture-murders of two boys in 1993
Donald Leroy Evans: convicted of two stranglings and police closed the file on another; suspected of another dozen murders but recanted confessions to over 50 more
Gary Evans: antique thief who shot to death two shop owners and three accomplices who he suspected of stealing from him between 1985 and 1997
Richard Evonitz: abducted and killed three girls in Spotsylvania County, Virginia in 1996 and 1997
Larry Eyler: AKA the "Interstate Killer"; convicted of murdering two young men and confessed to stabbing and mutilating 20 more in 1982 and 1983
Raymond Fernandez and Martha Beck: AKA the "Lonely Hearts Killers"; killed at least three women and one child in the 1940s but suspected in up to 20 murders in New York and Michigan
Albert Fish: AKA the "Werewolf of Wisteria"; sadist and pedophile who cannibalized several children; convicted of one murder, confessed to 2 others,claimed to have molested 100 children
Wayne Adam Ford: AKA "Wayward Wayne"; confessed to murdering four women; believed to have killed others
Kendall Francois: serial killer from Poughkeepsie, New York who targeted prostitutes; after strangling the women, he would store them in various crawl spaces in and around his home
Joseph Paul Franklin: racist serial killer who targeted interracial couples and attempted to assassinate Larry Flynt and Vernon Jordan; convicted of 11 murders and confessed to nine others
John Wayne Gacy: AKA "Killer Clown"; killer of at least 33 men and boys; kept bodies buried under his Chicago home
Gerald and Charlene Gallego: AKA the "Gallego Sex Slaves Killers"; kidnapped, raped and killed victims in the late 1970s; most of them were teenagers
Carlton Gary: convicted of the murders of seven elderly women in Georgia
Donald Henry "Peewee" Gaskins: AKA "Meanest Man in America"; convicted of nine murders; confessed to more than 200; executed on September 6, 1991
Ed Gein: two known victims, one suspected victim, four missing persons; elements of Gein's life and crimes have inspired, at least in part, the films Psycho and The Texas Chain Saw Massacre, and the novel/movie The Silence of the Lambs
Janie Lou Gibbs: Georgia poisoner who killed five family members
Bertha Gifford: found not guilty of three arsenic poisonings by reason of insanity and suspected of 14 other killings, mostly of children, in Missouri
Kristen Gilbert: AKA the "Angel of Death"; nurse convicted of killing four by epinephrine injection
Sean Vincent Gillis: convicted of killing and mutilating seven women in Baton Rouge in competition with Derrick Todd Lee between 1994 and 2004
Lorenzo Gilyard: killed up to 13 prostitutes in the Kansas City area 1977 to 1993
Harvey Glatman:AKA The Lonely Hearts Killer Californian rapist and killer of three women; lured women to pose for "bondage photographs"; executed September 18, 1959
Billy Glaze: mission-oriented killer convicted of raping and murdering three Native American prostitutes in Minneapolis in 1986 and 1987
Billy Gohl: union official linked with the disappearances of over 40 sailors in Aberdeen, Washington in the early 20th century
Gwendolyn Graham and Cathy Wood: Michigan duo who murdered five elderly nursing home residents in their care and claimed to have killed another
Dana Sue Gray: convicted of murder of three elderly women and attempted murder of a fourth in California
Ricky Gray: killed his wife days after his nephew came home from jail; eight weeks later they killed seven people in home invasions in Richmond, Virginia in the first week of 2006
Vaughn Greenwood: convicted of nine counts of murder, including eight of the "Skid Row Slasher" killings in southern California
Belle Gunness: Norwegian-born murder-for-profit killer who killed her suitors and children in Indiana
Anna Marie Hahn: German-born murder-for-profit killer who poisoned five elderly men; executed in 1938
William Hance: AKA "The Forces Of Evil"; soldier who used the murders of Carlton Gary as an excuse for killing four women around military bases in 1977 and 1978
Robert Hansen: Alaskan baker who killed prostitutes at his cabin; convicted of four murders but admitted to 11 others
Donald Harvey: AKA "Angel of Death"; hospital orderly; confessed to more than 80 "mercy killings" with 37 confirmed killings
Charles Ray Hatcher: convicted of two child murders in 1978 and 1982 having killed another in 1969; also stabbed to death a fellow inmate and another man 20 years apart
Dale Hausner: Convicted of killing 6 people in random drive-by shootings in 2006 in Phoenix, Arizona
William Heirens: AKA "The Lipstick Killer"; confessed to three murders spanning from June 1945 to January 1946
Johann Otto Hoch: AKA the "Stockyard Bluebeard"; German who married dozens of US women around the turn of the 20th century, before poisoning them with arsenic
Dr. H. H. Holmes: active from 1890 to 1894 during Chicago's 1893 World's Columbian Exposition; convicted of only one murder but definitively tied to at least eight more and confessed to a total of 27
Waneta Hoyt: New York woman who murdered her five children
Michael Hughes: killed four women in the Los Angeles area between 1992 and 1993; charged in 2008 with raping and murdering four additional women between 1986 and 1993
Leslie Irvin: AKA "Mad Dog"; convicted of killing six people in Indiana in the mid-1950s; his Supreme Court case set a precedent for fair trials of highly publicized defendants
Phillip Carl Jablonski: killed at least four women in California and Utah
Keith Hunter Jesperson:AKA The Happy Face Killer killed 8 Women between 1990 and 1995
Martha Ann Johnson: convicted of smothering three of her children in Atlanta between 1977 and 1982
Vincent Johnson: AKA the "Brooklyn Strangler"; a homeless crack addict who killed at least five prostitutes
Genene Jones: Texas pediatric nurse who poisoned infants in her care; convicted of only one murder but suspected of 10 or more others
John Joubert: AKA the "Nebraska Boy Snatcher"; stabbed three children to death in 1982 and 1983
Joseph Kallinger: with his son as an accomplice killed two children including another son in 1974; also killed a woman during a robbery in 1975
Patrick Kearney: necrophiliac convicted of 21 murders in California and admitted to seven other murders
Edmund Kemper: started killing when he was 15 years old in Santa Cruz, California; convicted of six murders and implicated in four others
Scott Lee Kimball: AKA "Joe Snitch"; FBI informant who pleaded guilty to two of at least four murders in Colorado including those of his uncle and three female acquaintances
Tillie Klimek: Chicago woman who poisoned five husbands; sentenced to life imprisonment
Paul John Knowles: raped and murdered 18 people
Randy Steven Kraft: convicted of the murders of 16 young men and boys; suspected of 51 others in California
Timothy Krajcir: confessed to killing more than nine women—five in Missouri and four others in Illinois and Pennsylvania
Peter Kudzinowski: killed children in New Jersey in the 1920s
Leonard Lake and Charles Ng: ex-Marines and survivalists; killed at least 11 people and suspected of 25 in Wilseyville, California; collected and murdered female sex slaves
Derrick Todd Lee: AKA the "Baton Rouge Serial Killer"; convicted of two murders; linked by DNA evidence to five others
Henry Lee Lucas: convicted of 11 murders and confessed to approximately 3,000 others, although most of his confessions are considered outlandish; a task force set up to investigate his claims suggested that the true number of his murders may be as high as 213
Bobbie Joe Long: AKA the "Classified Ad Rapist"; killed 10 women in Tampa Bay, Florida in 1984
Kenneth McDuff: AKA the "Broomstick Killer"; death sentence for 1966 triple-murder commuted to life in prison; he started killing three days after his 1989 parole and killed ten more in Waco, Texas up until 1992
Orville Lynn Majors: nurse convicted of murdering six patients in Clinton, Indiana; suspected of 130 killings between 1993 and 1995
Lee Roy Martin: AKA the "Gaffney Strangler"; killed two women and two girls in South Carolina in 1967 and 1968
Rhonda Belle Martin: Alabama poisoner who murdered six family members; suspected of poisoning at least nine; executed in 1957
David Mason: strangled four elderly neighbours in 1980 and his cellmate in 1982 having been imprisoned on lesser charges; suspected of shooting dead his boyfriend
David Edward Maust: convicted of killing five teenage boys; one in Germany in 1974, another in 1981, and three he buried in his basement in Hammond, Indiana in 2003
David Meirhofer: killed three children and an ex-girlfriend between 1966 and 1974; first serial killer apprehended by offender profiling
Frederick Mors: Austrian who killed 17 elderly patients by poisoning in New York
Herbert Mullin: schizophrenic in Santa Cruz, California who killed people to prevent earthquakes; convicted of 10 murders and confessed to three others
Earle Nelson: AKA "Gorilla Man"; necrophiliac convicted and hanged for one murder; implicated in about 20 others
Marie Noe: murdered eight of her children between 1949 and 1968
Gordon Stewart Northcott: AKA the "Wineville Chicken Coop Murders"; California man who confessed to kidnapping, raping and murdering young boys with the aid of his mother, Sarah Louise Northcott in the 1920s; convicted of 3 murders, suspected of perhaps 20, executed in 1930
Carl Panzram: murderer, rapist and arsonist; convicted of two murders; confessed to 19 others; executed in 1930
Gerald Parker: AKA the "Bedroom Basher" raped and murdered five women and killed the unborn baby of a sixth woman in Orange County, California
Louise Peete: convicted of murdering a man and woman decades apart, four other acquaintances died suspiciously and four husbands committed suicide
Steven Brian Pennell: AKA the "Corridor Killer"; convicted of torture-murdering two women, pleaded no contest to two more and suspected of a fifth in Delaware in 1987 and 1988
Christopher Peterson: AKA the "Shotgun Killer", confessed to shooting seven people with a shotgun in a killing spree spanning from October 30, 1990 to December 18, 1990 in Indiana
Craig Price: AKA the "Warwick Slasher"; teenager who stabbed two women and two children in Rhode Island in the late 1980s
Cleophus Prince Jr.: AKA the "Clairemont Killer"; raped and killed six women in San Diego in 1990
Dorothea Puente: convicted of three killings in Sacramento, California during the 1980s; suspected of six others
Dennis Rader: AKA the "BTK Killer"; killed ten people between 1974 and 1991 in Sedgwick County, Kansas
Richard Ramirez: AKA the "Night Stalker"; terrorized Los Angeles in 1984 and 1985; convicted of 14 murders
David Parker Ray: convicted of rape and torture and sentenced to 224 years in prison; FBI believes he was responsible for the deaths of 60 women in Truth or Consequences, New Mexico
Melvin Rees: AKA the "Sex Beast"; shot and defiled a woman in 1957, torture-murdered a family of four in 1959 and suspected in four other killings
Paul Dennis Reid: killed seven people during armed robberies between February and April 1997
Ángel Maturino Reséndiz: killed nine people in Texas, Kentucky, and Illinois
Gary Ridgway: AKA the "Green River Killer"; convicted of murdering 49 women in Washington state
Joel Rifkin: murdered 17 women in the New York City and Long Island areas
Harvey Miguel Robinson: teenager who stalked, raped and killed three women in Allentown, Pennsylvania in 1992 and 1993
John Edward Robinson: AKA the "Cyber Sex Killer"; lured victims through the internet; convicted of murdering six women in Missouri and Kansas
Dayton Leroy Rogers: murdered at least six women in Oregon
Danny Rolling: pleaded guilty to murdering five students in Florida; executed in 2006
Michael Bruce Ross: raped and murdered seven women in Connecticut; executed May 13, 2005
Efren Saldivar: respiratory therapist who killed six patients, possibly as many as 120
Altemio Sanchez: AKA the "Bike Path Rapist"; responsible for three murders and numerous rapes spanning a 25-year period in Buffalo, New York; currently serving three consecutive 75 years-to-life sentences for the murders
Gerard John Schaefer: Florida police officer who killed up to 34 women and girls
Charles Schmid: AKA the "Pied Piper of Tucson"; murdered three teenage girls in 1964 and 1965 and buried them in the desert
Heriberto Seda: New York City copycat killer of the "Zodiac Killer" active from 1990 to 1994; convicted of shooting eight individuals, killing three; sentenced to life imprisonment in 1998
Tommy Lynn Sells: convicted of only one murder; admitted to murdering dozens of people across the United States, possibly in excess of 70 although only six are confirmed
Arthur Shawcross: AKA "The Genesee River Killer"; convicted of 12 murders; confessed to one more
Robert Shulman: convicted of murdering five prostitutes between 1991 and 1996
Daniel Lee Siebert: convicted of 1979 manslaughter; killed nine people across America in three months in mid-1980s including two children and two Southside Slayer victims
Robert Joseph Silveria, Jr.: AKA "Sidetrack"; freight train rider convicted of beating to death four fellow transients in 1995 and confessed to dozens more
Lemuel Smith: confessed to the murders of five people, including an on-duty female prison guard
Morris Solomon Jr.: handyman who killed six young women between 1986 and 1987 in Sacramento, California
Lyda Southard: first and fourth husbands' 'typhoid' deaths due to arsenic; first husband's brother poisoned and daughter died; two other husbands died of 'flu'
Timothy Wilson Spencer: AKA the "Southside Strangler"; raped and killed five women in Virginia between 1984 and 1987
Jack Owen Spillman: AKA the "Werewolf Butcher"; killed two girls and the mother of one of them in Washington State in 1994 and 1995
Gerald Stano: convicted murderer of 41 women; executed in 1998
Charles Starkweather: murdered 11 people throughout Nebraska in two months the late 1950's with his girlfriend; executed in 1959
Cary Stayner: killed four women in Yosemite, California
James Swann: AKA the "Shotgun Stalker"; schizophrenic who killed four people in drive-by shootings in Washington, D.C. in 1993 because he heard the voice of Malcolm X
William Suff: AKA the "Riverside Killer"; killed up to 19 women near Riverside, California
Michael Swango: physician and surgeon who poisoned over 30 of his patients and colleagues
John Floyd Thomas, Jr.: AKA The Southland Strangler and The "Westside Rapist"; convicted of raping and murdering seven elderly women in Los Angeles between 1972 and 1986 and suspected of 10-15 more
Marybeth Tinning: New York woman who smothered nine of her children to death
Ottis Toole: Henry Lee Lucas' accomplice; convicted of six murders in Florida; confessed to but never tried for Adam Walsh's murder
Jane Toppan: nurse and lust murderer who poisoned at least 31 patients and relatives in Massachusetts up to the turn of the 20th century
Maury Travis: St. Louis area torture killer of 12–17 prostitutes from 2000 to 2002
Chester Turner: murderer of women in Los Angeles, California; convicted of 12 murders and linked through DNA evidence to another
Henry Louis Wallace: Charlotte, North Carolina killer of at least nine young women from 1992 to 1994
Carl Eugene Watts: convicted of two murders; admitted to killing 80 people in Texas and Michigan; possibly guilty of 100 murders
Nathaniel White: convicted of stabbing to death six women in the Hudson Valley, New York area from 1991 to 1992
Christopher Wilder: AKA the "Beauty Queen Killer"; millionaire Australian realtor who killed eight women in seven weeks in 1984
Scott Williams: killed and mutilated three women between 1997 and 2006
Wayne Williams: convicted of two murders; police claim his arrest solved 23 in the string of 28 Atlanta Child Murders
Randall Woodfield: AKA "The I-5 Killer" and "The I-5 Bandit"; convicted of four murders; believed responsible for 14 others
Aileen Wuornos: shot six men dead in Florida; executed in 2002
Robert Lee Yates: murdered at least 16 women in Spokane County, Washington
Last edited by: VxFan on Fri 29 Apr 11 at 12:00
 What Are You Doing on Friday? - BobbyG
Since its a Bank Holiday my shops are all closed, much to my disgust at losing sales!!

Anyway, I will take the opportunity to go into work, have a day without any interruptions, get caught up on paperwork, reports etc and then take a day's holiday somne other time when I actually want to be off.

If its a nice day I will probably cycle to/fro work as well.

Re Duncan's previous note there was one application for a street party in Glasgow but it was then withdrawn due to lack of interest!!

Having said that, I have a colleague who says she will get up in the morning, get dressed in an outfit she would wear to a wedding and then her and her pal will drink champagne and watch every minute of the TV coverage!

Each to their own I suppose!!
 What Are You Doing on Friday? - Ian (Cape Town)
>> Since its a Bank Holiday my shops are all closed, much to my disgust at
>> losing sales!!

Due to our silly laws here, we are suffering a glut of holidays.
Easter, then the 27th (Freedom Day - commemorating the first democratic vote back in 1994), then Monday 1st (Workers Day).
Sandwiched in to that lot, we'll have mass stayaways of staff who'll pull a sickie to watch the nuptials.

Productivity? Can you spell it?
>> Since its a Bank Holiday my shops are all closed, much to my disgust at
>> losing sales!!

Never mind, think of all the royal wedding branded tat you will have donated for sale after the day.
 What Are You Doing on Friday? - BobbyG
>>Never mind, think of all the royal wedding branded tat you will have donated for sale after the day.

Still get the occasional Charles & Di item trickling through!!

You missed out Elmer Wayne Henley (sentenced to six consecutive life terms in 1974 in Houston for his role, with ringleader Dean Allen Corll, in the murders of 27 young men).

Shoddy research :-)

No I didnt, its there - check!
Last edited by: Zero on Mon 25 Apr 11 at 23:31
Ah, so you did - with his accomplice Corli who he also murdered.
 keep the proletariat happy - Bellboy
im off to work
cant do with the powers that be telling me its a feel good wedding to get the arnaments rolling
 keep the proletariat happy - Stuartli
The majority of women have been wetting themselves for weeks over the big day...:-)
 keep the proletariat happy - RattleandSmoke
Still not sure if I should go to that **** the wedding day to make a point, or just stay in and avoid the telly?

I have nothing against the couple but I am not even going to my cousins wedding in Bedfordshire so why should I watch a couple of get married I don't even know?

I've decided I am going to make a start on the roof above the porch, see if I can replace some broken slates. Another DIY disaster means I will be forced to avoid the wedding without acting like some punk.

There is a shed which needs building but I don't have the money and even if I did it wouldn't arrive on time so thats a no go.

Can't do any work on the rust on the Fiesta because its all internal so no point on stopping spreading.

I suppose I could service my push bike but it doesn't really need anything doing to it, other than perhaps comfortable handle bars.

I think I will just find a nice lady to share the bed with instead on Friday!
 keep the proletariat happy - Pat
>>I think I will just find a nice lady to share the bed with instead on Friday!<<

You have my wholehearted approval Rattle:)

I shall watch it in the morning until around 2 ish when we'll be off with the caravan to Truckfest at Peterborough until Monday evening.

I see the forecast is good but windy, which means erecting a marquee is usually innteresting.

Pat

Edit to say that the swear filter doesn't like BIG tents:(

arquee

now corrected
Last edited by: VxFan on Tue 26 Apr 11 at 10:24
 keep the proletariat happy - Iffy
I want to see what she looks like, and do a bit of people spotting.

The church service doesn't interest me, so I might time my viewing to catch them leaving.
 keep the proletariat happy - VxFan
>> Edit to say that the swear filter doesn't like BIG tents:(

It's also a HTML command, which we had to put in the swear filter to stop people doing HTML stuff.

www.htmlcodetutorial.com/_MARQUEE.html

ps, corrected your post, btw.
Last edited by: VxFan on Tue 26 Apr 11 at 10:26
 keep the proletariat happy - spamcan61
>> >> Edit to say that the swear filter doesn't like BIG tents:(
>>
>> It's also a HTML command, which we had to put in the swear filter to
>> stop people doing HTML stuff.
>>
I was wondering why it's in the swear filter list when it isn't prefixed by < so presumably wouldn't work as an HTML command.
 What Are You Doing on Friday? - Pat
tinyurl.com/3booyfs

Ted, we have to get you sorted out.
Poplar at Lymm is the worst Transport Cafe there is, and is owned by Moto. It is nothing more than a lower grade Motorway Services (if you can get any lower!)
Carry on to J13 Preston Brook, (watch for the speed camera hidden in the trees by the shop) follow the road through Whitehill Ind Estate out to Northwich and stop at the link above.

There you can park in the lorry park and be the envy of all the lorry drivers and enjoy a proper breakfast.

Afterwards, there are some pretty routes back home!

Pat
Last edited by: pda on Tue 26 Apr 11 at 05:47
 What Are You Doing on Friday? - Bigtee
What Are You Doing on Friday?

Im sleeping in till 9 getting up as a normal day off and in the evening off to the pub as been unable to over bank holiday as been working all of it.!!

Am i watching the royal farce nope.
 What Are You Doing on Friday? - Iffy
...Am i watching the royal farce nope...

A farce is one think it's unlikely to be - unless Prince Charles drops his trousers.

What Are You Doing on Friday? - helicopter
Friday is normally a quiet day as all my Arab customers are on their weekend.

I am sure that SWMBO will be watching , presumably with a bottle of wine , a box or two of the choccies left over from Easter and an eagle eye on the fashion faux pas and THE dress.

I will set the HDD recorder to cover the events of the day and then dub onto disc for sister in law who is living abroad and asked me if I would record it for her return. If weather is fine I might do a bit more gardening or just relax with a book or the Telegraph crossword.

Breakfast??? Good lord, Pat...I'm not a big hairy trucker like you !

The cafe at Poplar is a dump but there's a MacDonalds for a burger. It's a regular meet place for bike runs. I'm not going to go on any motorways. If I get as far as Preston Brook. I'll plunge into Delamere Forest and have lunch at the staion.
There used to be a very good place at Hatchmere, 1920s cyclists sort of place. We used to go there on the driving courses. Sadly now a block of new flats !

Ted
 What Are You Doing on Friday? - Alanovich
I shall be spending the day at a friend's house, all day party and BBQ with 8 small children tearing the place to shreds.

Of the 6 grown ups, 2 want to watch the wedding and the rest are either unbothered or Republicans. I am heading up to Camden Lock tomorrow to get my Revolutionary outfit, probably including cliched Che Guevara or "Fight the Power" T-shirt, and some kind of Communist headgear.
 What Are You Doing on Friday? - Badwolf
Mrs B is holding a 'house party' to celebrate the wedding on Friday. Suffice to say that I am ambivalent. I'm pleased that two people who love each other wish to commit for the rest of their lives and I sincerely wish them all the best. That, however, is where it ends. The whole shebang bores the pants off me and I can think of little worse than spending all day watching it on the telly. Mrs B (and most of her family) think that I'm a total grouch for not wanting to get involved

I do think that Kate'n'Wills have been most inconsiderate in getting married at 1100. Pubs don't open until 1100 so I have to put up with the interminable build up before I can escape.

Hang on... (lightbulb appears over head) I suppose I could take a couple of papers and a good book to Wetherspoon's for breakfast and just stay there... :-)
...I do think that Kate'n'Wills have been most inconsiderate in getting married at 1100...

Reminds me of my pal who was in his office in the City of London on the Saturday morning when the Bishopsgate lorry bomb went off.

His building was caught in the blast and a few of the windows blew in, but being a Saturday there weren't many people working and no one was hurt.

He told me later: "I knew the trains would be messed up for hours so there was no chance of getting home.
"I looked at my watch - just before 11am - marvellous, the pub will be open by the time I walk around there."

DRIFT: I used to work at the Coal Board HQ in Victoria in the 70s/80s. The older of you will remember many times when the miners came down for a visit. Luckily I was usually outside the building, not in it, and we knew all the early opening pubs in the area :-)
I have to admit Friday will be a day when I don't mind not still living in London as much as usual. The wedding will be a great nuisance to anyone who wants to go anywhere in the middle of town for any other reason. Even those who want to see the procession from somewhere will find getting there, and getting away afterwards, a bit of a pain even if the security forces don't decide to kettle revellers here and there just for a laugh.
 What Are You Doing on Friday? - tyro
Just having a normal day.

Most of Scotland will have a normal enough day anyway, because shops here don't close on Bank holidays.

Things are even more normal where I am, since Highland Council is one of three in Scotland that have decreed that it is a just a normal working day for council employees, and hence a normal school day for youngsters. (The others are Shetland and North Ayrshire.)
I have a new problem to deal with for Friday, how to deal with the advances of a lady.

It is a nice problem to have but one I can't be bothered with, especially as she is not really my type. I wish she was Kate Middleton.
 What Are You Doing on Friday? - Dave_
>> It is a nice problem to have but one I can't be bothered with

Give her my number :)
I am sure BBD would say "give her one then dump her"

I am hoping I am just imagining things and its just a bit of fun :). A bit fun I am happy with but I really cannot be bothered with anything else other than that.

She is about your age funnily enough Dave :). She is still nearly 20 years younger than my dad so its not too much of a problem.

Last edited by: RattleandSmoke on Wed 27 Apr 11 at 22:37
>> A bit fun I am happy with but I really cannot be bothered with anything else other than that.

Do you mean grand passion, demented perverse obsession, or marriage and nippers Sheikha?

I gather the lady is older than you are, but not, er, past it. So she probably doesn't want to marry you and have your nippers. Could well be a bit of fun she has in mind.

Just as well to check before letting her see you in your Y-fronts though. There may be no stopping her once she has.

Actually Sheikha I have a feeling that you sometimes post this stuff just to see what people will say. Can't help imagining you and your neighbour Ted having a good chortle over our faffing efforts to encourage or discipline you.

What Are You Doing on Friday? - bathtub tom
Don't rule out the old ones, they've far more experience.

I could never understand why a certain religion would overrate the appeal of seventy virgins. A couple of experienced women would be more than enough for me. ;>)
 What Are You Doing on Friday? - Londoner
Who would have thunk it? - Rattle a Toy Boy. :-)
She is nearly 40 :) It sounds really old but getting on a bit myself and it dosn't seem that old when I think of like that.

The age doesn't bother me just not used to this problem, its not really happened to me before. My ex was very different as we were good friends years before we got together.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVJtygbSZRU&feature=related
Bit of a mimser by Rattolo's standards though surely Zero?
Just hacked into Rattos videos and found her....she looks more than 40 though.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuovwBJHlV8&NR=1

Carmel, I have not chortled for years...it's being so miserable that keeps me happy !

Ted
What were that about not looking on t'mantelpiece when...
You're not implying she is a Mrs Robinson I hope :p.
Ohohoho Mrs Robinson....!
Careful Ian:)

You will only dig yourself deeper in.

An older woman is just what you need.

Pat
 What Are You Doing on Friday? - BiggerBadderDave
"I am sure BBD would say "give her one then dump her""

Naah, keep her on the back burner as a sex buddy.
Gotta love the three links in the Local News panel on BBC site for Wokingham this morning:

Kate Middleton locals 'excited'
Man sentenced for girl sex attack
Inquiry into mental health move

btw I checked; there is no connection between the stories
...I wish she was Kate Middleton...

Rats,

I'm afraid the Kate Middletons of this world would only be interested in you to laugh at your accent.
 What Are You Doing on Friday? - Kevin
>What Are You Doing on Friday?

Driving to Gatwick and staying overnight before a lunchtime flight to Dubai and Male on Saturday.

No news, no shoes until we get back.
 What Are You Doing on Friday? - Runfer D'Hills
Beware of predatory shelfies. Their desperation reaches fever pitch while they still have a few reproductive years left. "Oh dear Ratty darling...we seem to have slipped up..."

:-)
Or at least make sure she's solvent and has her own house and car.
Aye, well, there is that...

Perhaps our two resident experts above would care to explain the finer benefits of an older woman to Rattle?

Keeping within the forum rules, of course:)

Pat
I wouldn't ask Humph, the last one took him to the cleaners!

At least in Ratts case he knows she is not after him for his money!
Last edited by: Zero on Thu 28 Apr 11 at 08:39
>> Or at least make sure she's solvent and has her own house and car.

and has basic plumbing skills
Well we could have the first c4play wedding or Superinjunction !
I'm sure an Italian aquaintance had one of those back in the 80s. Lancias weren't they?

Lancia genitale super-ingiunzione

I had the Evoluzione version.
>> Lancia genitale super-ingiunzione

Excellent PU...
I didn't mean THAT, PU..........:)

Pat
I had lunch here yesterday: www.simonstonehall.com/

Very agreeable it was, too.

They are doing a £10 a head wedding brunch tomorrow.

The room was laid out like a wedding reception, so you can pretend you are there.

A good idea, not that I'll be buying a ticket.

I'll be sitting on the stoup doing very much the same iffy - thoughts a million miles from any wedding !
I'll be sitting here working, but I'll probably have it on the telly. I've gone from indifferent to mildly curious.
She will NOT be wearing see-through hot pants.
Yes Alanovic , very true .......but Dave will be........ they go nicely with cowboy boots
...She will NOT be wearing see-through hot pants...

She might be, but we won't get to see them.

I had a dream last night that I could no longer afford to go out because I was spending £300 a month on child maintenance.

Oh as for for money she has no car and lives in a rent flat in an average part of town. I might tell her about all my debts tonight, that should send her running in a nice way :)
Don't let her near your pet rabbit or any cooking pots Rattle....

What Are You Doing on Friday? - VxFan
"Do you William, take this stuck up social climber to be your lawful wedded wife?"
"I do."
"Do you Kate, take this balding elite sponger to be your lawful wedded husband?"
"I do."

"I therefore pronounce you a further combined drain on the UK's resources."
Meeeeeeee Oowwwwwwwww!
 What Are You Doing on Friday? - Falkirk Bairn
Going to the DENTIST - it is less painful than staying near a TV.

I am not against a Royal Family - you have plenty time to size up the Head of State and form an opinion - better than getting an MP who climbs rapidly to be a PM and causes mayhem - we all know PMs of both parties who were awful
>> I am not against a Royal Family - you have plenty time to size up
>> the Head of State and form an opinion -

Which you then have no right to act on by voting them out.

>> better than getting an MP who
>> climbs rapidly to be a PM and causes mayhem - we all know PMs of
>> both parties who were awful

Likewise monarchs and their cast of hangers-on. And the only way you have of dealing with them is High Treason or Revolution. What glory, what civilisation.
 What Are You Doing on Friday? - Roger.
....putting up shelves in the airing cupboard will be the highlight of my day.
>> have no right to act on by voting them out.

Seems to me that in this country there are two sorts of republican: malevolent revolutionaries who don't care how tyrannical the government is or how miserable people are, and naive young folk who think a monarchy embodies, represents and perpetuates gross inequality.

No need to worry about the first category. The second is much noisier. But a lot of the noise is based on profound misunderstandings. Abolishing a monarchy makes no difference to gross inequality which will always be with us. The other misunderstanding is that under our system the head of state is a ceremonial representative without an executive role. The head of government, who actually runs the place to the extent that anyone does, can be and is regularly removed by the electorate.

Now you may think that looks a bit silly. One can only agree. But then the vast majority of human activity looks a bit silly if you really examine it. What is it I wonder that makes people want us to be a bit silly in exactly the same way as most other countries these days, with retired politicians chafing in the role of ceremonial president or, more often, an executive head of government who doubles as head of state?

Seems a bit silly to me. I don't mind us as we are. I used to, but I don't now.
 What Are You Doing on Friday? - Focusless
Mrs F just came back from Asda with 2 large bags full of 'goodies' to help celebrate the big day. I'm quite looking forward to it now...
Nicole is off her friends to watch it, with a Prosseco and Canape brunch.
>>with a Prosseco and Canape brunch<<

Roughly translated that's a packet of crisps and a bottle of plonk then.

Pat
AC, the tone of a commercial organization is set by the example and beliefs of the person at the top.

Also applies to UK plc. Top spot in our country is only obtainable by birth. The hereditary principle is discredited in all other walks of life, and, when it is removed from the Establishment (capital letter intended – State, Church, the controlling influences in our lives), we will sit in wonder at how we tolerated it for so long. Much like the smoking ban in pubs.

Naivety is not the exclusive preserve of the young, nor wisdom of the old, however much the old would like it to be so.
>> UK plc

An utterly disgusting and insulting expression that only a middle-management wonk would use non-satirically. It isn't a business for God's sake. If it was we'd all have been laid off in 1914.

>> Naivety is not the exclusive preserve of the young, nor wisdom of the old, however much the old would like it to be so.

There I can only agree. I should have added that a lot of naive young folk are more than old enough to know better. Their youth is purely honorary.
>> It
>> isn't a business for God's sake.

It's got a balance sheet, as we're all so painfully aware.

I merely used the expression for descriptive purposes and reasons of brevity, I think it is a farily useful one of you don't take it too literally.

As I'm being told today, calm down dear.
>> It's got a balance sheet, as we're all so painfully aware.

Balance sheet be damned. That's just made-up carp for prole-fodder headlines. The reality is probably far worse.

:o}
I expect you're quite right there, AC.
If you ran a company as you run the country, you would be debarred from holding a directorship, and thrown inside for all sorts of fiscal based crimes.
 What Are You Doing on Friday? - Manatee
>> AC, the tone of a commercial organization is set by the example and beliefs of
>> the person at the top.

Time and again I see evidence that a like a fish, organisations rot from the head...

In the case of UK though, the monarchy isn't the rotten bit of the head. You can get rid of it, but the combined political and business establishment will still be there, festering to its core.
>> >> I am not against a Royal Family - you have plenty time to size
>> up
>> >> the Head of State and form an opinion -
>>
>> Which you then have no right to act on by voting them out.
>>
>> >> better than getting an MP who
>> >> climbs rapidly to be a PM and causes mayhem - we all know PMs
>> of
>> >> both parties who were awful
>>
>> Likewise monarchs and their cast of hangers-on. And the only way you have of dealing
>> with them is High Treason or Revolution. What glory, what civilisation.

Then please provide your alternative method for obtaining and voting in a head of state. Oh and here is the hard part, who would you vote for. Who has sufficient international gravitas, some humility, respect, admiration and trust.
Likewise monarchs and their cast of hangers-on. And the only way you have of dealing with them is High Treason or Revolution. What glory, what civilisation.

Calm down dear...........you are beginning to sound like a Labour MP....
Yeeuck. Do hope not. Even the Labour party is not radical enough any more to do away with the monarchy. They had a pop (rightly) at the hereditary peers in the Lords though.

What they failed to do there however, is to prevent the chamber being filled with the political cronies of the governing party. Sad, but entirely in character. What we needed was a chamber comprised of elected individuals with NO history of party political affiliation in word or deed.
..."I therefore pronounce you a further combined drain on the UK's resources."...

Quite the reverse.

The wedding is a money spinner for business, and the amount the couple will produce in tourist income alone in the coming years dwarfs the civil list.

Neither is the guy a sponger.

But stuck-up social climber I can't argue with.

What Are You Doing on Friday? - Falkirk Bairn
Telegraph and Matt cartoon

www.telegraph.co.uk/news/matt/
>> But stuck-up social climber I can't argue with.

You mean by design rather than accident?
>> by design rather than accident?

'University campuses 'hotbeds' of Islamic extremism', bawls the lead headline on today's Terrorflag. Just beside two informal photos of the soon-to-be-happy couple who met, er, in one of those hotbeds.

I do enjoy such subliminal juxtapositions. That comic excels at them. By design I often think, rather than by accident.
Yes great paper, how is this as a photo to depict Easter celebration

www.telegraph.co.uk/news/picturegalleries/worldnews/8463870/Hooded-penitents-take-part-in-Holy-Week-processions-in-Spain.html
Just saw a couple of short BBC news clips of her arriving at the hotel - she's looking nicely relaxed, which is good to see. Heck of a lot of pressure she's under. Hope at least the weather stays dry, for all the sightseers if nothing else, although I heard it might not.
 What Are You Doing on Friday? - Londoner
>> www.telegraph.co.uk/news/picturegalleries/worldnews/8463870/Hooded-penitents-take-part-in-Holy-Week-processions-in-Spain.html
>>
Ah, yes! The new Armour-Piercing Penitent.
>> I might tell her about all my debts tonight,
>> that should send her running in a nice way :)
>>

Why don't you have a nice long chat with her; tell her all about C4P; show her a few of your best threads on here.

I am sure she will look at you in a new light!

By the way, has she got a friend?

And/or, what's her Mum like?
 latest -----------latest----------latest - Bellboy
wedding dress seen-------------apparently full of led's that flash --------------also is mainly pink--------more information as it ticker tapes-----------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------
 latest -----------latest----------latest - Ted

I'll have to spend an hour checking out SiL's Berlingo van prior to it's MOT on Saturday. Like his Megane, it's been expired for months. He doesn't seem very good at remembering things like that. The car passed today with just a tyre and number plate lights advised. They're off for the weekend tomorrow so need the car, I'll sort it next week.

I've marked the names of all the family's vehicles on one of the melamine doors in the workshop in indelible felt-tip. I'll put the MOT dates by them so they'll always be in view and I can remind the owners.

I'll still have a run out in the Jowett though....maybe do a bit of shopping in it.

Ted
 latest -----------latest----------latest - RattleandSmoke
The plan worked, got so drunk during "Laid by james" that she as humping somebody else :).

Now its time to find a woman who loves me for who I am not, not for the baby I can provide :)
 latest -----------latest----------latest - Pat
Might be a good idea to read this again when you're sober.

Pat
 latest -----------latest----------latest - Iffy
...Might be a good idea to read this again when you're sober...

...and to grow up a little bit.

latest -----------latest----------latest - Zero
>> The plan worked, got so drunk during "Laid by james" that she as humping somebody
>> else :).

Rattle, when was the last time you got laid?

Oh my god, what a waste, its enough to make BBD cry.
 latest -----------latest----------latest - Duncan
>>>> I'll still have a run out in the Jowett though....maybe do a bit of shopping
>> in it.
>>
>> Ted
>>

If you fancy a small classic car rally on Exmoor in September, let me know.
 The Wedding - Zero
So, its nearly time. You all excited?
 The Wedding - BobbyG
Wouldn't it be funny if she stood him up at the altar?

If she did, do you think she would ever be seen again?
 The Wedding - Zero
HOT NEWS

The Beckhams have just arrived! Viccy is wearing her best pout.
 The Wedding - R.P.
You are so watching it.
 The Wedding - BobbyG
You are taking too much interest here Zero!
 The Wedding - Zero
Yeah, on CNN. Its good to see us as others see us. Plus Piers Morgan is insulting them all.

On a serious note, Its the most watched global event outside a world cup final or the Olympic games. Its glam spectacle of a nature that most other countries cant conceive. The organisation is impressive.

Anyone who doesn't think this will generate profit in years to come tourism is mad.
 The Wedding - Manatee
Where did she get that 'at?

Just emerged from shower to find management settled in front of TV. Am now being sent off to make strangled eggs on toast.
 The Wedding - smokie
Just walked by the telly to see Elton and his wife...must've left the nipper with a babysitter...
 The Wedding - Stuu
Somewhat a relief to see that Britain can still show some serious class after years of shallow celebs - we still have the real deal and it does rather lift the heart even for the more cynical.

I see they will be Duke and Duchess Cambridge, that will make some nice personal notepaper.
 The Wedding - Zero
Wow I like the king of Tonga's frock coat!

Edit, Those new Jag XJ's really really look the part in black. There will be a few of them ordered n the strength of this.
Last edited by: Zero on Fri 29 Apr 11 at 10:29
 The Wedding - BiggerBadderDave
"Those new Jag XJ's really really look the part in black."

Worth tuning in just to see them. That Phantom is ridiculous though. Hideous looking thing with it's flying saucer bubble at the back.
 The Wedding - sherlock47
>>Somewhat a relief to see that Britain can still show some serious class after years of shallow celebs<<<

Aren't most of them there anyway? I have managed to avoid watching anything so far, but on walking (that was almost a typo and a half - bet the swear filter would have deleted it;), past the lounge have heard reference to Elton J, Beckhams, Tara TP ...... Is Russel Brand there?

I like Z idea of watching on CNN for an alternative view - I may stay on the computer and try and see if Al J are covering it.
 The Wedding - sherlock47
Try this from about 1.50 minutes on
english.aljazeera.net/programmes/rizkhan/2011/04/201142775520133642.html

The Wedding - Zero

>> I like Z idea of watching on CNN for an alternative view - I may
>> stay on the computer and try and see if Al J are covering it.

They are.
 The Wedding - Armel Coussine
Quite a decent frock.

Was that a nipple I saw though?
 The Wedding - smokie
Didn't see one, sure you aren't the adult channel again AC?
Just a bit of whalebone perhaps. A trick of the light.

I can't help having a soft spot for Rowan Williams. Or perhaps I mean Rory Bremner doing Rowan Williams. The difference is extremely subtle.
 The Wedding - Manatee
I like Rowan too. He does a good impression of an intelligent man with a sense of humour and some humility, and without the aura of smugness that many clergy have.
 The Wedding - RattleandSmoke
My plan worked anyway, get so hungover that I won't need to make the effort to not watch it :).

Really don't remember much about last night, but the problem I thought was a problem isn't and we are still friends so it is all good :). It is also made me realise that for some reason I am happy being single. That is not to say I want to be single for ever.

As for the personal question lets just say it has been a while :).

All I remember about last night was saying to the taxi driver "its so nice to be able to have a conversation with a taxi driver for a change, they are usual miserable ****". I give him a tip too.

Anyway got a very busy day ahead, got 100's of receipts to sort out then got some studying to do.
 The Wedding - Stuu
Rather enjoyed that, dont have to be a royalist or religious to enjoy a good wedding.
"Lots of people are here for Diana" someone commentated.

I'm afraid I've got some bad news for them.
 The Wedding - Focusless
Ended up watching pretty much all of it from about 9:30 - hadn't planned to, but Mrs F turned it into a family occasion with all 5 of us sat round the box. And it was all quite entertaining - Jag did look nice as has already been noted, and I thought it was quite funny with all the minor royals being ferried between Buck Palace and the Abbey in 3 VW minibuses. Couldn't they have found some Transits?

The couple looked genuinely happy, and she looked very good - sister wasn't bad either. Watched the ITV coverage, and Philip Schofield kept it quite light hearted. I found myself getting quite emotional though a couple of times...

Good luck to them!
Last edited by: Focus on Fri 29 Apr 11 at 14:14
 The Wedding - Iffy
I thought they both looked very relaxed, and she wasn't the least bit overdone.

The girl clearly understands less is often more.

One of those world class events that nowhere else in the world can do.

The Wedding - Fenlander
>>>One of those world class events that nowhere else in the world can do.

Absolutely.

I've been decorating but at all times with one eye on the TV. Rest of family have watched most of it from 9am.

We've had cake and champagne too.

Charles lent him the DB6 then.... what a lovely motor and a fitting end to the daytime coverage.

Harry looked happy to be buddied up with Pippa Middleton on the way out of the Abbey!
Last edited by: Fenlander on Fri 29 Apr 11 at 16:13
I am just amazed about all the fuss being made locally too, seen lots of street parties and people dressed up.

Seems to be a bit of a party atmosphere. As much as I am being a bit of a grumpy old man by refusing to watch it I do wish them good luck. I met Charles once he seemed like a nice enough chap and his kids seem to have turned out well considering their background.

Their lives are anything but normal.
Last edited by: RattleandSmoke on Fri 29 Apr 11 at 16:40
 The Wedding - Haywain
As a kid, I was a sort of royalist (we all were then) but, as a young man, I became a republican. Now that I am old and mellowed, I have a belief that we have a biological need to search out 'figureheads' (god, santa claus, super-heroes, etc) - the late great Douglas Adams said as much about the 'President of the Universe'. Having seen the quality of the clowns that the populus is capable of electing, I think I prefer the unelected royal family. I suspect, from the interest shown, that many people in other countries have also reached this conclusion and are regretting having got rid of their own 'royals'.
 The Wedding - Robin O'Reliant
Give it a couple of years and they will be on the Jeremy Kyle Show for lie detector and DNA results.
 The Wedding - Roger.
Pippa has a delectable derrière!
 The Wedding - Zero

>> Charles lent him the DB6 then.... what a lovely motor and a fitting end to
>> the daytime coverage.

Wonder if Charlie got the plate off the web?
 The Wedding - DP
It always raises certain paternal bloodline questions in my mind when I see William and Harry next to each other....
 The Wedding - Dave_
I've just got in from work, been steam-cleaning trucks all day. Have I missed anything?
 The Wedding - Zero
Harry Hewitt you mean?
 The Wedding - Zero
Apparently this is the 6th biggest internet event ever in the history of the net.

And was the biggest ever global live internet feed by streamed users
Last edited by: Zero on Fri 29 Apr 11 at 18:26
 The Wedding - Chris S
Did anybody else notice that Kate and William were not wearing seatbelts when they drove off in that Aston Martin?

That's a FPN then!
 The Wedding - Zero
And the front and rear number plates did not match, thats going to send the ANPR into a spin.
 The Wedding - Focusless
>> And the front and rear number plates did not match, thats going to send the
>> ANPR into a spin.

Well at least that car had number plates - I'm surprised all those police didn't nick her majesty for not having a plate on her limo.
 The Wedding - Ted

The old Queen doesn't need plates or anything else...driving licence, insurance, etc.
She can speed, park where she wants, use her late mother's blue badge when she nips into Bargain Booze for some crisps, etc.

'cos she's above the law. The rest, however, aren't.

Ted
 The Wedding - Focusless
>> And the front and rear number plates did not match, thats going to send the
>> ANPR into a spin.

I wonder how it passes its MoT emissions - Charles had it converted to run on English wine apparently.

Channel 4 just showed some great footage of one of the vergers doing cartwheels down the Abbey's aisle after everyone else had gone.
 The Wedding - Focusless
>> Channel 4 just showed some great footage of one of the vergers doing cartwheels down
>> the Abbey's aisle after everyone else had gone.

uk.news.yahoo.com/4/20110429/video/vod-verger-cartwheels-at-royal-wedding-f1a0497.html
Last edited by: Focus on Fri 29 Apr 11 at 19:25
 The Wedding - rtj70
Does an Aston Martin of that age have front seat belt that must be used. You might find it's old enough so they are not compulsory.

Rear plate being illegal ought to be a FPN. But with the congestion zone cameras off today I think they might just get away with that ;-)
 The Wedding - DP
One person in an entire family looking nothing like the others could be a coincidence.

One person in an entire family looking nothing like the others, but with a strong resemblance to his mother's former lover, to my mind at least, cannot.
 The Wedding - smokie
...and the point is....?
 The Wedding - DP
Just responding to Zero's question.
 The Wedding - Zero
Hey

Dont blame me, I was just responding to your original question.

< brushes dirt off slopping shoulder >
 The Wedding - Focusless
>> Dont blame me, I was just responding to your original question.

Discussed not that long ago: www.car4play.com/forum/post/index.htm?t=5855&v=f
 The Wedding - Focusless
What did people make of that anthem by Rutter which was performed for the first time during the service in the Abbey? I'm not a big fan of classical (ie. non-pop/rock) music, but I thought it was pretty good, in that setting anyway. Quite tuneful, which you don't always get with modern compositions; wouldn't mind seeing that bit again.
>> One person in an entire family looking nothing like the others could be a coincidence.
>>
>> One person in an entire family looking nothing like the others, but with a strong
>> resemblance to his mother's former lover, to my mind at least, cannot.
>>
Did I read somewhere a few years ago that they had a DNA test on Harry that proved otherwise?
 The Wedding - Zero

>> Did I read somewhere a few years ago that they had a DNA test on
>> Harry that proved otherwise?

That was merely unproven speculation.
 The Wedding - BobbyG
I would suspect that it would be routine that for every member of the royal family there would be all sorts of blood tests done, health checks and dna tests would be included in that.
 The Wedding - BobbyG
But having said that, I also think that if they were able to prove that Harry wasn't Charles's , and in turn blacken Diana's name and memory, they would have jumped at the chance!
 The Wedding - Roger.
The ginger one looks very much like a certain Major Hewitt!
 The Wedding - VxFan
>> It always raises certain paternal bloodline questions in my mind when I see William and Harry next to each other....

Harry bumps into William at the reception.

"Brilliant do, bruv. Have you seen Dad?"

"He wasn't invited, mate," replies Wills, "but mine's dancing with Camilla."
>> Harry bumps into William at the reception.
>>
>> "Brilliant do, bruv. Have you seen Dad?"
>>
>> "He wasn't invited, mate," replies Wills, "but mine's dancing with Camilla."
>>
I remember years ago there were comments about how Andrew bore a striking resemblance to racehorse trainer Robert Sangster, a personal friend of the queen.
 The Wedding - Alanovich
Blimey. So many people offended by my comments in the other thread, and none at all by similar comments on this. Odd.

Anyway, for what it's worth, whilst I took a moment to join my wife viewing the world's most obsequious gaggle of forlock tugging, grovelling wannabes clamouring to get as close as possible to people with whom they have absolutely no connection in the vain and superstitious hope of some fairydust alighting upon their brows and infusing them with some form of non-existent magical "Royalness", it occured to me that Harry is, in fact, starting to develop the old-man-Steptoe good looks of the DoE.

Much as his elder brother seems to be morphing from his mother's form to that of his father's before our very eyes, Harry seems to be taking on the looks of senior "Royals" finally.

Perhaps there is nothing in the Hewitt conspiracy after all.
>> Perhaps there is nothing in the Hewitt conspiracy after all.

Nothing but mucky prurience, and small-time cruelty to people who (I know, I know) 'can't answer back'.
 The Wedding - Crankcase
>>Anyway..."Royalness"

Quite aside from the content, Alanović, that is a joyfully constructed sentence.

As to the wedding, I committed the faux pas of popping in at about eleven from decorating the downstairs loo, seeing the programme was unaccountably on the tv and saying to Mrs C "what time are they doing this thing then?", do be told curtly they'd just done it and if I had nothing constructive to add I could push off back to my painting. Or words to that effect.

So I sat on the sofa and played online poker instead. Oh, we had a lovely day.

Last edited by: Crankcase on Tue 3 May 11 at 11:21
 The Wedding - Iffy
...Blimey. So many people offended by my comments in the other thread, and none at all by similar comments on this. Odd...

It's because your comments in this thread are just so far out of kilter with the rest of the populace they can easily be ignored, dismissed as the ranting of the unhinged.

You are literally a lone voice in a crowd of billions.

But your comments on AV are more reasoned, and there's just a teeny-weeny chance you may be right.

Genuine threats must be taken seriously, which is why I will be trotting down to the polling station on Thursday to make sure the likes of you are put in their place.
 The Wedding - Alanovich
>> It's because your comments in this thread are just so far out of kilter with
>> the rest of the populace they can easily be ignored, dismissed as the ranting of
>> the unhinged.
>>
>> You are literally a lone voice in a crowd of billions.

Do you understand the word "literally"? Read the other thread and you'll see I wasn't the lone voice, even on this tiny forum, let alone the country, let alone the world at large.

Just trying to insert a little humour and self deprecation, Iffy. And you'll notice I'm quite prepared to accept that certain questions over "Royal" parentage are quite likely unfounded.

20% of the UK population are thought to support a change to a Republic. So that's quite a lot of unhinged ranters, there. Although, yes, we remain a minority.

The Wedding - Iffy
...Do you understand the word "literally"?...

I reckon not many of the TV audience of billions watched just to spit at the screen.

Nor did many of those in the Mall turn out to scowl at the couple as they went past.

My guess is most of you republican fellas would have been hiding behind your copy of The Independent.

The Wedding - Alanovich
As it goes, I was watching the event on the telly with a group of friends (4 out of 6 adults present were Republicans), a glass of Prosecco in my hand. Followed by several larger glasses of cider, and finally by a quantity of red wine which has become lost in the mists of memory.

I then regretted it for about two days.

Not everyone who supports the idea of a Republic is a deranged, slavering werewolf.
 The Wedding - Iffy
...I then regretted it for about two days...

Watching the wedding, or the scoop of drink?

...Not everyone who supports the idea of a Republic is a deranged, slavering werewolf...

Of course not, but we monarchists will stop at nothing to discredit those who can't think straight.

The Wedding - John H
>> 20% of the UK population are thought to support a change to a Republic.
>>

thought? have you been mindreading?

see you tomorrow.

The Wedding - John H
>> >>>One of those world class events that nowhere else in the world can do.
>>
>> Absolutely.
>>

Ditto. Take enormous pride in being British.

I was at the Traflagar Hotel on Wednesday evening to meet vistior friends.

We walked along the wedding procession route, the atmosphere was electric, London looked absolutely stunning.

Went back last night from 8pm till midnight, and repeated the walk. happened to pass Clarence House just as William and Harry did their impromptu walkabout.

Fantastic party atmosphere, everyone - including all the Police - having a relaxed great time. It felt like the millennium night celebrations combined with a Wembley pop concert, Formula1 race event, and a holiday in Paris/Monaco/New-York/Paris/Rome all in one.

I just can't believe they're going to live in Anglesey.

Anglesey?

FFS! Is there even a John Lewis there? Or a Boots?
 The Wedding - Zero
There is only one in Wales. Cardiff.

Plenty of boots tho.
 The Wedding - Roger.
>> There is only one in Wales. Cardiff.
>>
>> Plenty of boots tho.

Wellie-boots is it boyo?
>>
 The Wedding - Stuu
>>I just can't believe they're going to live in Anglesey.

Anglesey?<<

Not going to live there, they ALREADY live there because he WORKS there, have done for a while now, catch up.

I know the normal idea in the country is to stay rooted to the spot and wait for a job to come along, but it seems William subscribes to the 'get on ya bike' mentality and is willing to live in deepest Wales to persue his career. Good on him.

Lots of good towns in the Island and the city of Bangor is close which has a decent shopping centre.

Really is a lovely place especially if you can have a few of Snowdonia.

It really isn't that deepest Wales either really not compared to say the valleys.
 The Wedding - Stuu
For a London dweller, Birmingham would seem a bit rural :-)

I find it rather unlikely he will be seen at the local shopping centre, Im sure Harrods deliver!
I did notice though a heavily tooled-up member of the security forces standing in front of the crowd outside the abbey. No doubt there were many others around, plus more on the rooftops all along the route and quite a lot more discreetly tooled-up ones in the crowd.

Something one never used to see in this country except in Northern Ireland, although it was commonplace everywhere else. I'm afraid the foreigners have dragged us down to their level. Sign of the times so to speak. Fortunately they didn't seem to be needed, thanks to meticulous and repeated pre-event sweeping and the odd pre-emptive detention.
 The Wedding - Harleyman

>> It really isn't that deepest Wales either really not compared to say the valleys.
>>

Wanna bet? You'll hear English spoken far more widely in the Rhondda than you will on Ynys Mon, boyo!
From what I been told they do shop in their local village and try and live a normal life as locals as much as possible.

And yep Welsh is far more wildly spoken in North Wales than it is in the south for some reason. It is always quite odd going to places in the far part of North Wales which is in the Liverpool commuter belt and hearing all the people speaking Welsh and scouse.

The main issue with where they live is it is a long way from London but I suppose they travel in planes.
 The Wedding - Harleyman

>> And yep Welsh is far more wildly spoken in North Wales than it is in
>> the south for some reason. It is always quite odd going to places in the
>> far part of North Wales which is in the Liverpool commuter belt and hearing all
>> the people speaking Welsh and scouse.
>>

I wouldn't bet on that either; but even if they're all speaking Welsh, they won't fully understand each other because North and South Welsh are different dialects.

My neighbour, whose first language is Welsh, openly admits that he can't understand "gogs"; they don't tend to like each other much either, hence the "demilitarised zone" of Powys sits between the two. ;-)

I am fond of reminding our local Plaid Cymru fanatics that if they kick the English out, they'll have to go back to hating each other instead!
 The Wedding - Zero
A lot of them only start speaking Welsh when an English ear is nearby.
 The Wedding - -
>> A lot of them only start speaking Welsh when an English ear is nearby.
>>

I hear that from Englishmen, but...

Never have i found that to be the case, and i've been to all parts of Wales both in my work and for pleasure.

I wonder if it's how a certain type of Englishman behaves or treats others, some of the up-their-own-backsides blighters i'd rather go incommunicado too..;)
 The Wedding - Zero
>> >> A lot of them only start speaking Welsh when an English ear is nearby.
>>
>> >>
>>
>> I hear that from Englishmen, but...
>>
>> Never have i found that to be the case, and i've been to all parts
>> of Wales both in my work and for pleasure.

How do you know? Its like the forest, if there is no one to hear them do falling tree's make a noise?
Last edited by: Zero on Fri 29 Apr 11 at 20:50
 The Wedding - Harleyman
>> A lot of them only start speaking Welsh when an English ear is nearby.
>>

Twaddle. A common misconception based on the fact that everyday colloquial Welsh contains a lot of anglicised words, added to the fact that many switch effortlessly between the two languages, especially if using a phrase which doesn't easily lend itself to direct translation.

I understand a few basic words, enough to pick up the gist of a conversation; like the French, the Welsh take it as a compliment if you attempt the language, although even after eight years some of the pronunciations still defeat me.

What you also need to remember is that for a good few Welsh speakers, it's their first language. I live here, and it doesn't bother me in the slightest; after all, I'm the foreigner!

And what GB said about certain English people.
Last edited by: Harleyman on Fri 29 Apr 11 at 23:26
 The Wedding - Bellboy
i find that in north wales you get tret as you treat
therefore stick your nose up at the locals and they will reciprocate
from my experiance i love the people of north and mid wales, proper down to earth sociable types, i would have moved there 10 years ago lovingly if i could have made a living there,i couldnt
now i just want to live in italy
 The Wedding - Zero
>> >> A lot of them only start speaking Welsh when an English ear is nearby.
>>
>> >>
>>
>> Twaddle. A common misconception based on the fact that everyday colloquial Welsh contains a lot
>> of anglicised words, added to the fact that many switch effortlessly between the two languages,
>> especially if using a phrase which doesn't easily lend itself to direct translation.

I walked into a pub in Wales once, and the locals at the bar were talking in 100% english. As soon as I ordered in English they all switched to speaking 100% welsh.

I know the difference between something that happened and misconception.
 The Wedding - -
>> I walked into a pub in Wales once, and the locals at the bar were
>> talking in 100% english. As soon as I ordered in English they all switched to
>> speaking 100% welsh.

And i went in to a very busy pub in Machynlleth Saturday lunch time to get cold beer for her and me to sit outside with on a blisteringinly hot day, pcked with working type geezers, several of whom engaged us in conversation for some time and really could not have made me/us more welcome.
I too have seen and heard people changing language when a stranger is spotted, perhaps because the natives don't like the cut of the stranger's jib, perhaps because they don't like strangers. I've seen it in Wales, the west of Ireland and London (among Asian or Middle Eastern people).

Not many non-Welsh people will dare try to pronounce Machynlleth properly in front of ladies by the way. Can be risky.

:o}

The Wedding - Ted

I noticed it on Skye many years ago. Not only that, all the shop windows were covered so you couldn't see the wares on the Sabbath.

Ted
 The Wedding - Roger.
>> Not many non-Welsh people will dare try to pronounce Machynlleth properly in front of ladies by the way. Can be risky.
>>

I can pronounce it perfectly, ladies or no ladies present!
Mac/un/thleth, with the stress on the "un" should give the right sound.

Last edited by: Roger on Sat 30 Apr 11 at 15:39
>> I can pronounce it perfectly,

As many will know, Roger, I don't go in for petty pedantry, but I will make an exception in this case. Your rendering of the pronunciation of the Welsh place-name Machynlleth is not quite correct.

There is no equivalent English phoneme to the Welsh double L. It is a specifically Welsh phoneme impossible to render on paper. 'thl' is fairly close, but wrong.

I'm not suggesting you can't pronounce it. Just that that rendering doesn't look as the phoneme sounds. It's a sort of cheek-sibilant.
Last edited by: Armel Coussine on Sat 30 Apr 11 at 15:57
Proper Welsh pronounciation involves a great deal of spittal. (Oddly enough, there is a village near me called Spittal).
 The Wedding - R.P.
Proper Welsh "pronounciation" involves a great deal of spittal

How do you pronounce "pronounciation" clearly a made up word that one ;-)

The Wedding - Iffy
...Proper Welsh "pronounciation" involves a great deal of spittal...

And another thing, it's spittle, not spittal, which is a place name.

The Wedding - Zero
>> ...Proper Welsh "pronounciation" involves a great deal of spittal...
>>
>> And another thing, it's spittle, not spittal, which is a place name.

Actually its poeri
 The Wedding - Roger.
Pronunciashon?
 The Wedding - Harleyman
>> Proper Welsh pronounciation involves a great deal of spittal. (Oddly enough, there is a village
>> near me called Spittal).
>>

Not so much of a problem down that way RR; Pembrokeshire's always been "little England beyond Wales" although I've always thought that's more the case south of the A40; I lived in Narberth in the early 1990's and Welsh was rarely spoken in the town, but nip up to Crymych and Welsh is the norm.

Mind you, funny lot, Cardies! ;-)
 The Wedding - Roger.
SOUTH Pembs is "Little England!
South of the "Landsker Line" (roughly the line of the A40 road from Carmarthen to Haverfordwest), which separates the Englishry from the Welshry, English is the first language. North and west of the line sees the start of the transition to the Welsh speaking part of West Wales. Cardigan and Carmarthen are strongholds of spoken Welsh.

It is historically this imaginary line at which the Norman invasion of West Britain stopped. This can often be seen in Norman influenced churches and castles in South Pembs and Celtic churches in the northern area.
BTW - did you know that Pembroke Castle was the birthplace of Henry Tudor?
 The Wedding - R.P.
And we go full circle to the origins of the Tudor dynasty, that most English of Royal houses that originated in er...Anglesey, Penmynydd to be precise around 6 miles as the crow flies !
 The Wedding - Zero
>> Lots of good towns in the Island and the city of Bangor is close which
>> has a decent shopping centre.

You dont really "do" shopping, do you Ratts.
 The Wedding - Roger.
Ynys Mon - a right dead and alive hole!
 The Wedding - R.P.
Awful place, congested roads, three 14 storey tower bock obscures my view of any mountains, speed cameras pepper the roads so if you could keep up a decent turn of speed you'd be fined for doing 60.5 mph. Nearest Waitorse is 6 whole miles away. When I called in the local Cantonese takeaway the other night the staff, who I happen to know were speaking perfectly good English a few seconds earlier on the phone were blabbing away in their own language, clearly talking about me as they pretended to look at some bits of paper, but I could see they only had some scribblings and strange symbols on them - how rude ! :-) - and when you want "something" from Lewis' you have to wait a whole day after you've ordered it....truly awful don't think of retiring here, you'll be really miserable.

I thought you like living in Anglesey?
 The Wedding - R.P.
No it's awful ;-) - truly awful....no terrible, worse than that...
I would get very bored if I lived there, but I am used to be big cities with lots of things happening. I always like the place for a holiday but even after a week I get bored.

I think all the drug bins in Banger say a story too.
 The Wedding - swiss tony
>> I think all the drug bins in Banger say a story too.
>>
The Bangor druggies are tidier than the Manchester druggies, and don't like leaving stuff in the streets?
 The Wedding - R.P.
Yep - I've visited hundreds of addresses in the locality over the last few weeks and met with unfailing politeness and good humour the highlight was a Saudi International Student at the local University - he was dressed in a "Cymru" Rugby Shirt and greeted me with the Welsh informal "s'mai" - ironically the only openly ignorant bigot I met was from the other side of Offa's Dyke - I suppose England's gain was Wales' loss.
Different social problems. In bigger cities there is so much more do is less young people will get hooked on drugs. Obviously there are far more people on drugs in big cities than Banger but I am talking about per capita.

I have been to many medium sized towns and Banger was one place which had a loit of evidence of drug use compared any other city of its size I have been to. That said it has improved a lot since I first noticed it ten years ago.

The other give away is that all the lights in shopping centre toilets are ultraviolet, again you don't get that in big city centres. Not saying there isn't drug problems here of course there is it is just different.

As for the Welsh people I've met some are really nice and friendly, others simply make a point on showing how much they hate the English. Even though without tourism much of North Wales would be a ghost town.

The majority of them are nice people but then I suppose I've only met the ones which work either directly or indirectly in the tourism industry.
Last edited by: RattleandSmoke on Sat 30 Apr 11 at 18:09
 The Wedding - Ted

A Welshman..........

A man who prays on his knees on Sunday.........
......and preys on his neighbours the rest of the week.

Ted
"Not going to live there, they ALREADY live there because he WORKS there, have done for a while now, catch up."

Sorry for not being up to date on the very, very, very important stuff.

"I know the normal idea in the country is to stay rooted to the spot and wait for a job to come along"

Or when it's it's handed to you on a plate, take offence and tell them to eff off.

tinyurl.com/6cuqnx9

"but it seems William subscribes to the 'get on ya bike' mentality"

Unlike one or two members on here who have as much drive as twisted rubber band. Nuff said.
 The Wedding - Zero

>> Unlike one or two members on here who have as much drive as twisted rubber
>> band. Nuff said.

I hope you are not referring to us retirees, I am more twisted than the next man.
I am not referring to you retardees...
 The Wedding - Zero
Cheers Big Bad Dan
Think nothing of it!
 The Wedding - Stuu
>>Unlike one or two members on here who have as much drive as twisted rubber band. Nuff said.<<

I have as much drive as I need to have for my lifestyle and nothing was handed on a plate, I was offered something I couldnt do, which makes its irrelevant.
 The Wedding - BobbyG
Pippa looking even nicer tonight in that green dress!!
"I have as much drive as I need to have for my lifestyle"

Fair enough. Now if you'll just promise to send me all your copies of Hello and OK when you're done with them, I'll try and keep abreast of where all the Royals are living.
 The Wedding - BobbyG
This is for you Dave
www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2011/04/29/pippa-middleton-wows-again-in-emerald-dress-with-plunging-neckline-pictures-115875-23096297/
Pippa would be my choice out of the sisters Bobby. But I'd be happier with their mother. Hot, mature air hostess. Yummy.
 The Wedding - BobbyG
>>Hot, mature air hostess. Yummy.

Dave, you need a word with Rats!!
 The Wedding - Roger.
>> Pippa would be my choice out of the sisters Bobby. But I'd be happier with
>> their mother. Hot, mature air hostess. Yummy.
>>
Trolly-dolly makes good!
 The Wedding - Iffy
...This is for you Dave...

By far the most interesting thing about those pics is she's about to get into a Galaxy.

Might be the same one which set off following Kate from the hotel, but mysteriously peeled off after a few hundred yards.

AC's knowing comment further up the thread about how he noticed a tooled-up plain clothes security guard was unintentionally comical.

I wonder if he also noticed the uniformed coppers openly toting machine guns who were stood every few yards along both sides of the route?

Last edited by: Iffy on Fri 29 Apr 11 at 22:26
 The Wedding - BobbyG
>>By far the most interesting thing about those pics is she's about to get into a Galaxy

oh dear
 The Wedding - AnotherJohnH
>> I wonder if he also noticed the uniformed coppers openly toting machine guns who were
>> stood every few yards along both sides of the route?
>>
>>
>>
Wasn't difficult as they were in white shirt sleeves for mobility, stuck out like a sore thumb - compared with black jacket sleeves on uniformed plod.

>> knowing comment further up the thread about how he noticed a tooled-up plain clothes security guard was unintentionally comical.

'Knowing' indeed Iffy... cheeky little sod. I only saw one toting a visible weapon, but then I doubt if I was as riveted to the whole thing as you were. And the one I saw was uniformed, just opposite the entrance to the Abbey. Naturally I assumed - knew even - that there were others, including ones in mufti beyond a doubt, and roof snipers too. But I didn't see them.

Every few yards along both sides of the route eh? Eyes like a hawk our Iffsky. Just as well nothing happened or there would have been a bloodbath. Would have been embarrassing in front of half the galaxy too. I reckon you Comintern sleepers were slacking and missed a juicy one.
Scanning henry k's bbc photo in the link below, I see that there are indeed quite a lot in the Mall Iffy. I have to admit I hardly noticed them yesterday though. Just figured they must be there (and not just the ones you can spot either).
 The Wedding - Roger.
Phwoar!
 The Wedding - Stuu
>>I'll try and keep abreast of where all the Royals are living.<<

No need to if you dont want to pass comment on what you think of where they live, but if you do, might be wise to look it up first, its hardly a national secret.

As a starter, I can tell you that the big house with the balcony is Buck palace and the Queen ( old gurl in yellow ) lives there. I wont got into their other homes nor the split between private and state owned so as not to confuse ;-)
Last edited by: FoR on Fri 29 Apr 11 at 21:57
 The Wedding - henry k
A shot of one side of The Mall. Anyone you know was there ?

Interesting photo

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-13200114

Photography by Henry Stuart / Spherical Images
This high-definition, 1.15-gigapixel picture, is a composite of 189 images. The full picture measures 81,471 pixels by 14,154 pixels. The field of view covers 200 degrees.
 The Wedding - Fenlander
Phillip Scofield
 The Wedding - VxFan
>> A shot of one side of The Mall. Anyone you know was there ?

Isn't that Camilla (one of the 4 horses) that's pulling the rag and bone cart?
 The Wedding - AnotherJohnH
Couldn't find "Wally" anywhere.

Found "Willem" though.
 The Wedding - Duncan
Why aren't the soldiers at "The Present"?
Latest Forum Posts