Non-motoring > Fogging watch! Miscellaneous
Thread Author: TheManWithNoName Replies: 4

Fogging watch! - TheManWithNoName
I have a cheapish Sekonda watch - tells the time and date, water proof to 50 metres.
Nothing special about it other than since kayaking on Ullswater last week, moisture has got in and fogged the glass and left drops right in the middle of the glass.

I don't have any tool fine enough to prise the back off it.
Its had the same battery since new so the seal has never been disturbed.

Any ideas how to remove the moisture?
 Fogging watch! - Fenlander
Yep... you'lll have to take the back off. If it's a 50m rated watch the back ought to be a screw type?? If so often the ends of thin nosed pliers can be used to unscrew.
 Fogging watch! - L'escargot
Remove the back and put the watch in the airing cupboard for a few days.
 Fogging watch! - devonite
i`ve one that does this! can get annoying, as you say its a cheapo, bin it and get another cheapie, less hassle and kinder to you in the long run. Even though it`s never been opened the seal has leaked, you aren`t going to be able to reseal it properly once you open it and dry it, so the prob isjust going to keep recurring.
 Fogging watch! - Runfer D'Hills
I have a Casio G-Shock digital which I use for holidays / swimming / skiing, diving or when on the mountain bike. Solar powered so it never needs opening and receives radio time signals so never needs adjusting. 200m watertight. Can be switched between numerous world timezones, stopwatch, alarm etc Think it was about £80 a few years ago. Not the prettiest thing but very useful.
Latest Forum Posts