Non-motoring > Patio cleaner Miscellaneous
Thread Author: L'escargot Replies: 10

Patio cleaner - L'escargot
I've tried removing what appears to be black mould from the flat paving slabs of our patio using Wilko Path and Patio Cleaner, but it's had no effect. The mould only appears where the surface is exposed to daylight. Areas which are covered ~ by a bird bath etc ~ are clean. Any suggestions for a chemical cleaner which will work?
 Patio cleaner - Stuartli
Use Jeyes Fluid. Not cheap, but worth every penny. Will also remove the green algae buildup on paths, walls etc normally just by using it at the correct concentration in a watering can and covering the area involved.

As a backup I also mix some in a discarded household cleaner spray bottle to remove algae or mould growth on smaller areas; be careful when near plants or fish ponds.

Saves a lot of pressure washer activity...:-)
 Patio cleaner - Stuartli
PS

Cheapest place to buy Jeyes Fluid is at Wilkinsons if you have one near you; it's found in the cleaning products section in the winter and gardening section in the summer and costs at least £2 less for a one litre can than anywhere else at under £8.

It's the most economical way to buy the product.

Also see:

www.jeyes.co.uk/jeyesfluid.htm
Last edited by: Stuartli on Sat 27 Mar 10 at 10:27
 Patio cleaner - Tooslow
"Cheapest place to buy Jeyes Fluid is at Wilkinsons " - try a local agricultural place. I paid about £25 for a 5 litre can a year ago.

It certainly works but you get a good work out scrubbing away with the yard brush. The Jeyes will kill it but not remove the dead bodies.

JH
 Patio cleaner - Stuartli
Update.

Went into one of the North West's B and M Stores today (chain of discount stores) and spotted and snapped up a litre can of Jeyes Fluid for just £5.99.....
>> Use Jeyes Fluid.

Multi-Purpose or Path, Patio and Drive Cleaner?
Last edited by: L'escargot on Wed 31 Mar 10 at 07:52
 Patio cleaner - Dog
Jeyes fluid stinks, I have used this successfully ~ www.blackfriar.co.uk/Shop/Product.aspx?cId=86&pgId=116
Personally, I'd get the Karcher on it, with the T racer attachment.
 Patio cleaner - Stuartli
>>Jeyes fluid stinks>>

But it's only for outdoor use, so does that matter? The very recognisable smell soon disappears, whilst using it on flagstones, paths etc once or twice a year ensures that they don't become slippery in wet conditions.
Last edited by: Stuartli on Sat 27 Mar 10 at 10:31
 Patio cleaner - Dog
>>>But it's only for outdoor use, so does that matter? <<<

I found it quite a strong smell Stuart, and although I used it on the out, I could still smell it on the in for some time.
Its a whiff that I orften sniff in the livestock markets near me.
 Patio cleaner - MD
Nah! Mate. Just turn the slabs over! I'll give yer a price if yer like.

M.
Latest Forum Posts