Non-motoring > US President an American shock horror Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Armel Coussine Replies: 18

US President an American shock horror - Armel Coussine
I imagine others will be as shocked and horrified as I am to learn that Mr Obama is an American, if his birth certificate is to be believed. Of course it is more than possible that the document could have been forged by one of the many criminal agencies he controls as President. If so I am sure he will soon be rumbled and impeached.

That will make room for a new presidential election in which the saintly Mr Trumpet will probably win by a landslide. Not so much because he is a preposterous big thief and bully trying to appeal to the lowest and stupidest element in the US electorate (they all have to do that after all), but because of his phenomenal personal magnetism.

It takes real chutzpah to run over a skunk, dye it bright yellow and then have it sewn to the top of your head and ironed every day. Davy Crockett, eat your heart out! Trumpet for President!
 US President an American shock horror - Focusless
>> Mr Obama is an American, if his birth certificate is to be believed.

And his mother is/was called Stanley:
www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-13212230
 US President an American shock horror - Ted

That's another frine mess you've gotten us into, Stanley !

Ted
Bit of a skunk-fancier are we Ted?
 US President an American shock horror - zippy
Regardless of politics, I don't understand why they now want his educational records. I understand the birth certificate because you need to be a US born citizen to become president.

zippy: no one in their right mind imagined for a single moment that a person could work their way up to Senator through Chicago Democratic politics, then become president, without intense, hostile scrutiny of anything that might disqualify them at every point in the career.

The whole 'birther' issue is and always was moronic racist crap. The entire US should be deeply ashamed of it. I am, and I'm not even American.
 US President an American shock horror - Bellboy
well said AC
 US President an American shock horror - Runfer D'Hills
Agreed AC. Wholeheartedly.
 US President an American shock horror - BiggerBadderDave
"The whole 'birther' issue is and always was moronic racist crap."

I was half-listening to Jeremy Vine earlier who was interviewing some Trump/Birther supporter. The conversation went something like:

Jeremy: It all smacks of thinly-veiled racism. You never asked George Bush where he was born.

Birther guy: Er... well... he had a famous dad. He was president of the United States.

Jeremy laughing: OK, I'll give you that.
 US President an American shock horror - smokie
I entirely agree with AC and others.

What surprised me that they didn't make anything of his teenage mum, or that his parents didn't appear to be married. Not that they really deserve a mention anyway, but you know what Americans can be like...
 US President an American shock horror - zippy
I had a horrible experiance a few years ago when on business in America.

The person I was working with asked something along the lines of "So what what type of people live in your city?"

I was a bit slow on the take up and he went on to specifically mention race in an unpleasant way.

I had always thought of America being years ahead in terms of no racism and yet found that it was shockingly years behind.

US President an American shock horror - R.P.
Deeply ingrained in the American psyche thanks in the main to the way that the UK traded slaves...whoops our fault again.
 US President an American shock horror - Zero
Absolutely NOT our fault. (probably the only case that's not actually)

America has had a sufficiently large number of African Americans, for a long enough time, in all levels of society, for such "ingrained" views to have become history.

For Americans to still be racist in this way requires constant reinforcement of such views from each generation, and for complicity and support from certain levels of society with power.

For a country that was basically founded by immigrants, its pretty shocking.
>> Absolutely NOT our fault.

He's right you know PU. Everyone traded slaves at one time, including of course the coastal African states and statelets. And we were perhaps the first major country to stop doing it, and make it illegal on the high seas.

Something seldom mentioned about the US, which is highly relevant here, is the genocide of the native Americans, which went on into the twentieth century (and some would say is still going on). Until America admits that - I don't think it ever has, officially - it will continue to have this extremely unpleasant racist undercurrent. Of course that doesn't mean all Americans are racist. It's a varied society like all truly democratic ones.
 US President an American shock horror - BiggerBadderDave
"is the genocide of the native Americans"

Did that really happen? Cos I spent a day at the Holocaust Museum in Washington and I didn't see it mentioned.
 US President an American shock horror - R.P.
quod erat demonstrandum
Stop Press: The saintly Mr Trumpet has promised to let us all see his tax returns 'when the time comes'.

I'm not an accountant myself so wouldn't understand them. But I will take the word of an impartial panel of auditors from the US internal revenue service or whatever they call it.

No doubt Mr Trumpet has already opened his private files to the auditors. No one so very personable could fail to honourable and truthful as well.
 US President an American shock horror - Zero
Good old Mr Trump. No stranger to financial incompetence that man.
 US President an American shock horror - SteelSpark
>> Stop Press: The saintly Mr Trumpet has promised to let us all see his tax
>> returns 'when the time comes'.

Speaking of Trump's finances...

tinyurl.com/3m6hts9

Latest Forum Posts