Non-motoring > Bin Laden is alive! Miscellaneous
Thread Author: SteelSpark Replies: 25

Bin Laden is alive! - SteelSpark
...well...not really...

However, it seems that there are already plenty of idiots out there who think so (judging from my mate's Facebook page last night).

It seems likely that the main legacy of killing him, will be yet another conspiracy theory. It's not helped by the fact that they buried him at sea (actually, they beamed him aboard Elvis's passing spaceship).
 Bin Laden is alive! - Iffy
If only we still had the Sunday Sport for some authoritative reporting of this issue.

Bin Laden is alive and well and living in a double decker bus on the moon.

Last edited by: Iffy on Tue 3 May 11 at 13:39
 Bin Laden is alive! - Zero
With tracey, age 28, who reads history at cambridge, and likes to get them out for the boys.
 Bin Laden is alive! - BiggerBadderDave
With tracey, age 28...

Tracey from Fulham? Done her.
 Bin Laden is alive! - Alanovich
The Today prgramme this morning reported the fact that the US Government are in posession of photographic evidence of his demise, but are withholding (sp?) it as it is quite graphic.

Perhaps in his recently discovered enthusiasm for producing doubted documentation, Mr O will publish itshortly if the clamour reaches fever pitch, or if Donald Trump starts bleating.
 Bin Laden is alive! - Robin O'Reliant
I reckon Bin Laden's burial at sea consisted of being dumped out of a helicopter at 500 feet.
 Bin Laden is alive! - rtj70
RR I would think the USA will have honoured muslim traditions. If they say it was from a ship then it probably was. And there would have been serving muslim crew. They don't want to annoy too many more.

My stepson likes conspiracy theories so does not believe he's dead.... so what if he's in the hands of the USA after all ;-) I tend to believe they shot him though. And if you had to shoot someone to kill then the head is the target when you consider there could be body armour and the risk of explosive vests etc.

What I'm not sure I believe is the timing.... although maybe they held off the raid for the wedding on Friday knowing Osama was watching it.
Last edited by: rtj70 on Tue 3 May 11 at 19:30
 Bin Laden is alive! - Armel Coussine
I think rtj is probably right. Whole thing may have been videoed for evidence too.

Whaddever dough, he's feedin duh fishes now Frankie, eh? Eh?
I assume they played this at his funeral?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Qrjtr_uFac
 Bin Laden is alive! - BiggerBadderDave
"Whaddever dough, he's feedin duh fishes now Frankie, eh?"

That reminds me of an episode of The Simpsons that focuses on Troy Maclure and the unspeakable sex scandal that ended his career.

Mobster: But boss, I thought you said Troy Maclure was dead.

Boss: No, I said he sleeps with the fishes.
 Bin Laden is alive! - R.P.
Although maybe they held off the raid for the wedding on Friday knowing Osama was watching it.

Nah....he's a republican (note small R though ) :-)
 Bin Laden is alive! - Iffy
...Nah....he's a republican...

He might have been looking for ideas for fresh targets.

Plenty to go at in the congregation.

Bin Laden is alive! - CGNorwich
His last words:

"I need a house full of Navy Seals like I need a hole in the head."
 Bin Laden is alive! - BobbyG
Feel sorry for the guys who shot him dead.

There they are, after years of training, and years of searching him, they kill the worlds most wanted moan - and they probably can't tell anyone!!

Its like BBD doing Pippa and not being able to tell anyone!
 Bin Laden is alive! - Shiny
Benazir Bhutto, the former Prime Minister of Pakistan, did an interview before she was assassinated in which she said that Osama Bin Laden was already dead. Who did she say killed Osama Bin Laden, none other than the guy who killed Daniel Pearl.
>> Nah....he's a republican (note small R though ) :-)

I'd read that the go-ahead was given just after they came out on the balcony.

My wife said she'd heard/read that in their haste, some US media outlets had said Obama had been killed.... Slip of the tonque so to speak.
I honestly can't believe that UBL would watch the wedding....unless he had planned some upstage....maybe I got the man wrong.
 Bin Laden is alive! - Dave_
>> can't believe that UBL would watch the wedding

Probably not, but if Monday's events had taken place last Friday that's a lot of disruption to be caused if security states were heightened in the immediate aftermath... A lot of opportunities for wrong 'uns to hide or blend in... Not just in London but around the world, where police were already fully stretched with crowd control and couldn't possibly keep their eye on every ball.
I was joking about him watching the wedding - imagine him commenting on the dress ;-)

But it does make one wonder if the postponement of the royal honeymoon is not somehow linked to the increased risks.

Question that we will never know the answer to: Had the go ahead been given for a take-down on Thursday.... what would get most press the wedding or this? Did they postpone the attack for the wedding? I guess we'll never know. Or was it better to not have this as an added risk globally?
Last edited by: rtj70 on Tue 3 May 11 at 22:07
Local press was saying that William was working today. Dunno lots of mis-information, funnily enough his local protection team are easy to spot locally, they were on my census patch on Monday suggesting that he wasn't local, and they were having a bimble. Put it like this the couple would be most unlikely to be where the team were...
 Bin Laden is alive! - Dave_
>> Obama

Predictive text on the TV news subtitles - defaults to the most commonly used words.

>> My wife said she'd heard/read that in their haste, some US media outlets had said
>> Obama had been killed.... Slip of the tonque so to speak.

I am pretty sure the Odious Donald Trump was about to try and claim that they were one and the same person.
If nothing else, let this event make sure Trump cannot run for President of the USA!
 Bin Laden is alive! - AnotherJohnH
>> Although maybe they held off the raid for the wedding on Friday knowing Osama was
>> watching it.
>>
>>

More likely timed to be at, or near, new moon: black as your hat.
 Bin Laden is alive! - Statistical Outlier
Well if he isn't, and he was buried at sea, then presumably the homeopaths are freaking out. Saying that, I bet Trump is demanding to see his death certificate. Osama must be regretting using his real details on the Sony Playstation Network.

I'll get my coat.
 Bin Laden is alive! - Cliff Pope
It has to be said that men with beards from certain parts of the world can look remarkably similar. I had a course tutor who was the spitting image of that clerical gentleman with the Kenwood attachment on his arm.

Perhaps the man so conspicuously living in the (wait for it) "compound" was a stooge set up for the purpose? So publishing his dead photograph won't prove anything, except that he is dead.

I wonder how long it will take before graffitti appears on a north London railway bridge " Bin Laden lives !" ?
Latest Forum Posts