Non-motoring > Australian Bully Gets His Just Deserts! Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Fullchat Replies: 13

Australian Bully Gets His Just Deserts! - Fullchat
Does this this give you a sense of satisfaction?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=isfn4OxCPQs&feature=related

Casey Heynes had been a victim of school bullying for years and eventually pushed to retaliation.

Quite sad that in our supposed civilised society this type of thing happens in our schools.

If you look around the associated clips you will find one of a TV interview with Casey who relates how he has been the victim of ongoing bullying and how it has impacted on his life. A very elequent young man with an adult outlook on life.

He has become an international icon. There are also clips that have been messed about with by different people, Theme from Rocky and such like.

Both boys wwere suspended. But I am sure there have been developments in Casey's favour. What makes me sick to the core is that onlookers stood back jeering and filming. To my mind they should have been suspended.
Last edited by: Fullchat on Fri 6 May 11 at 22:28
 Australian Bully Gets His Just Deserts! - Zero
>> Quite sad that in our supposed civilised society this type of thing happens in our
>> schools.

Was there no bullying at your school then? Its not a modern phenomena, nor is it confined to one country.

What has changed is the ability to film it and publish it to the world.
Last edited by: Zero on Fri 6 May 11 at 22:38
 Australian Bully Gets His Just Deserts! - Fullchat
Yes Z there was bullying at my school and no its not a modern phenomenon but I'm still entitled to feel sick to the core when I see or hear of it despite supposed harsh anti bullying policies and enlightenment of the impact of bullying on the victim.

Likewise I'm also entitled to offer up a subject for debate and bring it to the attention of forum members.

>> Likewise I'm also entitled to offer up a subject for debate and bring it to
>> the attention of forum members.

Nowhere was it mentioned you were not, or criticised for doing so.

Australian Bully Gets His Just Deserts! - Robin O'Reliant
Jeremy Vine devoted a section of his R2 show to that last week. It's the first time I've seen the clip and it is hilarious. Typical of how things are that both boys were suspended, Casey should have been used by the school as an example of how to deal with bullies because that is the only thing they understand.
 Australian Bully Gets His Just Deserts! - Leif
Robin Regal said:
>> Jeremy Vine devoted a section of his R2 show to that last week. It's the
>> first time I've seen the clip and it is hilarious. Typical of how things are
>> that both boys were suspended, Casey should have been used by the school as an
>> example of how to deal with bullies because that is the only thing they understand.

I agree. Teachers don't care about children and bullying. Far too many have extreme left wing views. The Anglo Caribbean woman known as Tory teacher who cannot get a job due to being a Tory related a similar story. I nice well behaved kid carried a stick to protect himself from a vicious bully, and got expelled when he used it to protect himself from an attack. The bully was not expelled. It might have destroyed the life of a young person who was destined to do well, and who was well behaved until he was bullied.
 Australian Bully Gets His Just Deserts! - L'escargot
Why is bullying so prevalent these days? It didn't happen in the days of my youth. Standards of morality must have fallen a lot.
Yes it did, books written about school days in your youth are full of it. The public school system has been based on it for hundreds of years.

Australian Bully Gets His Just Deserts! - DP
I agree. Bullying has been going on since the dawn of time. Modern media, the increased acknowledgment that it exists, and the introduction of anti-bullying policies just mean we get to hear about it more.
Saw something similar to this clip happen at our school, albeit not quite as spectacular. The kid who ended up face down on the floor in front of a large audience paid a price in humiliation and loss of face that no amount of formal disciplinary procedure would have given him. It was priceless.
Last edited by: DP on Sat 7 May 11 at 09:47
 Australian Bully Gets His Just Deserts! - Stuu
Truth is, bullying is everywhere, woven into the fabric of society, especially on TV.
 Australian Bully Gets His Just Deserts! - Leif
L'escargot said:

>> Why is bullying so prevalent these days? It didn't happen in the days of my
>> youth. Standards of morality must have fallen a lot.

I don't know your age, but I was at school 30+ years ago, and bullying was rife. As someone else said, bullying is common in society at large. In companies it takes strong management with respect for staff to prevent it from happening, and create a pleasant environment, but I've worked in major UK companies where the directors were dreadful bullies, and encouraged bullying. I think they confused bullying with healthy competition. I remember one company where a senior manager was showing prospective recruits around, and in a strong Yorkshire accent he said out loud "we don't like southern puffs in this company". In one company where I recently worked, a manager and engineers routinely shouted at each other, and during the engineer's assessment a member of human resources had to be present to stop a physical fight breaking out. In my view the manager was a dreadful bully who would humiliate subordinates who did not grovel to him. Sadly in my experience companies that discourage bullying are in the minority, but they are the ones I stay at as bullying is just a symptom of deeper underlying problems.
 Australian Bully Gets His Just Deserts! - Armel Coussine
>> Quite sad that in our supposed civilised society this type of thing happens in our schools.

I went to eight schools, quite a variety including expensive private boarding schools, one a public school, and also including a convent, a village council school in rural Pembrokeshire, a Methodist mission school and Fishguard County Grammar.

The only one in which nothing of that sort happened that I can remember is a young ladies' primary school in Bath that had some male infants. Bullying is a fact of life in most schools as children learn the ropes and try to work their way into the pecking order. Some nippers have the very mean side displayed by the boy in the video, the small aggressive one. But the same people can also have a sense of honour and be steadfast friends.

Sometimes there is a real nasty bully, sometimes there is a general victim. Usually though things smooth out before reaching that point.

Being a new boy eight times sure does help with the development of social skills. Once acquired they are difficult to hide. One does one's best though (evil smirk).
 Australian Bully Gets His Just Deserts! - SteelSpark
School is a place for learning...and that kid has learnt one of the most important lessons you can in life...don't mess with a guy twice your size...

I feel slightly bad laughing, when they are a couple of kids, but jeez that's funny.
 Australian Bully Gets His Just Deserts! - Armel Coussine
>> jeez that's funny.

Yes it is in a bitter way, and a richly deserved lesson. But the nasty smaller boy was lucky actually not to get a broken leg or worse. These things sometimes turn to tragedy (very seldom though).

Thinking about these issues since last posting in this thread, I have been wondering if in fact there might have been a partial and limited change for the worse in late-childhood and adolescent comportment in the half-century and more since I was that sort of age.

One has to beware of exaggeration in these hysterical, ill-educated times, but there has been very noticeable change in the sort of images, moving images, to which the young are nowadays routinely exposed. Scenes of very gross sadistic physical violence and murder are pumped out of the box more or less all the time in volumes inconceivable when I was an adolescent.

As I said, one doesn't want to exaggerate. On the one hand there is h&s and the fear that school bureaucracies may be sued, leading to suppression of physical contact sports in schools, and much slightly wimpish 'caringness' being promoted everywhere. On the other though there are the shootings, stabbings and hideous kickings handed out quite often it seems in some rough city areas. It was thought a bit ignoble to use your feet on people when I were a nipper, and only nutters used weapons.
Last edited by: Armel Coussine on Mon 9 May 11 at 16:33
Latest Forum Posts