Non-motoring > Who needs words, when a picture will do.
Thread Author: VxFan Replies: 24

Who needs words, when a picture will do. - VxFan

qrcode

Who needs words, when a picture will do. - sherlock47
tinyurl.com/6h4rc7h

I have forgotten how if its still possible to unsert html code or is it a administrator function only?
Last edited by: pmh on Tue 10 May 11 at 07:16
 Who needs words, when a picture will do. - Zero
Who has a new QR code generator toy then! Could have been to somewhere interesting, rather than back here.
 Who needs words, when a picture will do. - devonite
unfortunetly I do! - what is it? am I missing something?

P.S

How long has there been a rudimentery spell -checker on here? - as you can see i`ve deliberately spelt some words wrong, but it doesn`t offer any correction advice! just underlines them in red!
 Who needs words, when a picture will do. - R.P.
Upgraded your browser devonite ?
you have the required app for your Iphone PU? I use red laser.
Its called a QR code. (Quick Response). Its a system that's escaped from stock checking, inventory and production, and now used to direct you to information, more commonly a web page.

When you point a suitably equipped smart phone at it, it will take you to the web page, in this instance - back here.

And this site does not have a spell checker, but your web browser does. That's the source of your spell checking.
 Who needs words, when a picture will do. - Focusless
>> And this site does not have a spell checker, but your web browser does. That's
>> the source of your spell checking.

...and if you right-click on the red line under the word it should give you alternatives.
 Who needs words, when a picture will do. - Suppose
devonite - Can you see the picture or is it blocked by your browser?

Insert the picture link here to decode the picture
zxing.org/w/decode.jspx

pmh - good technique for bypassing the swear filter!

Indeed!
 Who needs words, when a picture will do. - VxFan
>> pmh - good technique for bypassing the swear filter!

Oh 'eck.
 Who needs words, when a picture will do. - R.P.
Cool. Thanks Zero...iPhone did it !
 Who needs words, when a picture will do. - devonite
Ah! I see! - well I don`t really as I still use a 3310! - the spell-checker thingy works tho` ;-) using Firefox 3. diddly something, not aware that i`d upgraded, and it didn`t do it before! still it`s a result YaY!!
 Who needs words, when a picture will do. - Armel Coussine
Duh.

What is this thread about? Is there some way of decoding the crossword puzzle thingy in the OP?

What are you all talking about?

I probably won't understand, but if anyone can explain in two sentences I'll try.
I did

See above
Last edited by: Zero on Tue 10 May 11 at 16:28
 Who needs words, when a picture will do. - Dave_
There were several QR codes on display at Truckfest, both on display stands and on plaques affixed to some of the lorries. Took you to the brochure-ordering page of their websites.
>> I did

>> See above

Evidently to the satisfaction of some. But I am none the wiser. Just for a start I don't have a smartphone, let alone a suitably equipped one. Wouldn't know how to work it if I had.
Then it is of little use or consequence for you and no further explanation is necessary. Suggest you go top up your glass of sanatagen instead.
Ah, Sanatogen... 'Fortifies the over-forties' I seem to remember, so you must know what you're talking about Zeddo. Never tried it myself of course.

I hope you don't imagine that having the latest toys like my adolescent granddaughters will keep you young. I reckon it will make you feel old when they come up with something you don't want or understand. As they inevitably will one day.

Just as well to get that over early. I did years ago when I had to drag myself kicking and screaming from the IBM golfball to the Amstrad. Since then I have just cruised. It's cool. There are always consultants when you need them among the playground hordes. And not all of them succumb, as you do I see, to the temptation to blind people with pointless science like a crappy council official.

Heh heh.
>> I probably won't understand, but if anyone can explain in two sentences I'll try.

It's like a bar code, which you see on most things you buy these days, and it can be read by (amongst other things) some smart phones. The codes can contain a web address, so if your smart phone has a browser, reading the code/address results in the browser being directed to the address.
 Who needs words, when a picture will do. - sooty123
>> >> I probably won't understand, but if anyone can explain in two sentences I'll try.
>>
>>
>> It's like a bar code, which you see on most things you buy these days,
>> and it can be read by (amongst other things) some smart phones. The codes can
>> contain a web address, so if your smart phone has a browser, reading the code/address
>> results in the browser being directed to the address.
>>

Thanks for that, for us non geeks :-)
>> Thanks for that, for us non geeks :-)

I'd never heard of them either, but I guess I'm a semi-geek so understood Zero's explanation.
 Who needs words, when a picture will do. - sherlock47
>>>devonite - Can you see the picture or is it blocked by your browser?

Insert the picture link here to decode the picture
zxing.org/w/decode.jspx <<<<

does not work for me, either on a copy of the OP or my posted link.

eroor message
Last edited by: pmh on Tue 10 May 11 at 16:45
 Who needs words, when a picture will do. - Suppose
>> eroor message
>>

1st picture url is (include http: // etc at the front)
qrcode.kaywa.com/img.php?s=5&d=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.car4play.com

copy that url in to the decode site and you get
Raw text www.car4play.com
Raw bytes 41 76 87 47 47 03 a2 f2 f7 77 77 72 e6 36 17 23 47 06 c6 17 92 e6 36 f6 d0 ec 11 ec 11 ec 11 ec 11 ec 11 ec
Barcode format QR_CODE
Parsed Result Type URI
Parsed Result www.car4play.com

2nd picture url at pmh link (include http: // etc at the front)
qrcode.kaywa.com/img.php?s=5&d=My%20first%20reaction%20was%20WTF%21%20
%20But%20a%20literal%20lateral%20thought%20solved%20the%20problem%21%2
0%20Must%20be%20good%20way%20to%20beat%20the%20swear%20filter%3Falt=%2
2qrcode%22

copy that url in to decode site and you get
Raw text My first reaction was WTF! But a literal lateral thought solved the problem! Must be good way to beat the swear filter?alt="qrcode"
Raw bytes 40 08 54 d7 92 06 66 97 27 37 42 07 26 56 16 37 46 96 f6 e2 07 76 17 32 05 75 44 62 12 02 04 27 57 42 06 12 06 c6 97 46 57 26 16 c2 06 c6 17 46 57 26 16 c2 07 46 86 f7 56 76 87 42 07 36 f6 c7 66 56 42 07 46 86 52 07 07 26 f6 26 c6 56 d2 12 02 04 d7 57 37 42 06 26 52 06 76 f6 f6 42 07 76 17 92 07 46 f2 06 26 56 17 42 07 46 86 52 07 37 76 56 17 22 06 66 96 c7 46 57 23 f6 16 c7 43 d2 27 17 26 36 f6 46 52 20 ec 11 ec 11 ec 11 ec 11 ec 11 ec 11 ec 11 ec 11 ec 11 ec 11
Barcode format QR_CODE
Parsed Result Type TEXT
Parsed Result My first reaction was WTF! But a literal lateral thought solved the problem! Must be good way to beat the swear filter?alt="qrcode"

Last edited by: Suppose on Tue 10 May 11 at 17:06
why would one need to use a QR code on a PC?
Latest Forum Posts