Non-motoring > A fool and his gold Miscellaneous
Thread Author: SteelSpark Replies: 5

A fool and his gold - SteelSpark
Not only do countless people seem to fall for selling their gold for a fraction of its true at their local shopping mall, but now there is an easy way to pay massively over the odds for it too.

tinyurl.com/5tw9x42

By my reckoning

£47/g = £1,461/t oz = $2,344/t oz

Shame that gold is currently at $1,483/ounce, so only a markup of 58%.

Mr McCleary said: "Gold seems the safest commodity to buy at the moment and this lets ordinary people purchase it conveniently."

Yeah, very convenient for somebody.
 A fool and his gold - Roger.
You are talking about McMental Broon flogging the country's gold for buttons, aren't you?
 A fool and his gold - Falkirk Bairn
We have all heard of blood diamonds.

I genuinely have some blood gold in the house.

41 yrs ago I went to Saudi Arabia, no pay day for over a month, needed a birthday present for the GF back home. I got 110 riyals (£10) for 1 pint of blood at the US Oil company up the road.

Taxi into town and back + bracelet weighing 16 gms of 18 ct gold and the change to buy some Pepsi.

That pint of blood was amongst 100+ pints I gave over 42 years - the most I ever got here was a biscuit and a cup of tea and the satisfaction it would help others. I am grateful for the 4 pints I got in the last 12 months.
 A fool and his gold - Dutchie
I have also being a blood donor for 40 years.And like you Falkirk the satisfaction to help somebody in a small way.

Just to plug being a donor If you can please do so there is always a shortage.
 A fool and his gold - Roger.
No-one wants my rubbish blood!
Jaundiced - unsuitable for giving blood.
(Infectious hepatitis caught from infected pond water in Cyprus when in 45 Commando, R.M.)
 A fool and his gold - bathtub tom
>>Jaundiced - unsuitable for giving blood.

I thought that, until I caught Shingles. They wanted all I could give once it cleared up.
Latest Forum Posts