Non-motoring > Northerners Won't Understand Southern Children Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Duncan Replies: 39

Northerners Won't Understand Southern Children - Duncan

www.telegraph.co.uk/family/8613878/Foster-care-deemed-more-suitable-for-children-than-the-North.html

It was deemed that children would be better off in the South than the North.
 Northerners Won't Understand Southern Children - Dog
Awful place, The North - sooner we build that wall, the better!

:o}
 Northerners Won't Understand Southern Children - Zero
there is a plan to flood it as a gigantic reservoir to keep our southern swimming pools full, and our lawns and golf courses green and lush.
 Northerners Won't Understand Southern Children - Bigtee
Anyone understand what these southern wingers are on about?

It's the best place in the world good old Yorkshire.!!
What we could do with 'The North', is to construct vast factories whose sole intent would be to create massive wealth for The Southerners,

Oh, hang on - we've tried that one already :(
 Northerners Won't Understand Southern Children - Bromptonaut
Same story, almost word for word, in yesterday's Mail.

There has to be more to it than is allowed to be reported.
 Northerners Won't Understand Southern Children - Mapmaker
Brompton>> Same story, almost word for word, in yesterday's Mail.
>> There has to be more to it than is allowed to be reported.

I wish I thought I could agree with you. But the newspapers report so many similar silly stories about social services that I wouldn't be so certain.
 Northerners Won't Understand Southern Children - Bigtee
I can honestly say i have never been to London and i have free rail travel, Now going north to Scotland many a time.!!
>> What we could do with 'The North', is to construct vast factories whose sole intent
>> would be to create massive wealth for The Southerners,

not seen Castle Howard then dog?
>>not seen Castle Howard then dog?<<

Course I have silly, not as good as B & W's though :)

www.amazon.co.uk/Castle-Howard-S2-Speakers/dp/B003DPEAQE
 Northerners Won't Understand Southern Children - corax
>> >>not seen Castle Howard then dog?<<
>>
>> Course I have silly, not as good as B & W's though :)

lol
 Northerners Won't Understand Southern Children - madf
Of course, any normal person would consider as it as discrimination but given it's Social Services, ....
 Northerners Won't Understand Southern Children - Dutchie
There must be more to this story surely.

I have been to London a lot,not many Londoners left,they all moved to Cornwall.;)
 Northerners Won't Understand Southern Children - Stuu
Ive known several social workers over the years and without fail their thought processes arent normal, they seem posessed with their own very bizarre ideals which ignore common sense - im not entirely sure why they are like this, but I suspect there are alot of boxes to tick and 'keeping them away from northerners' must be one these days.

Having read the story in several places, it seems that allowing them to stay with their biological family isnt one of those boxes, so thats alright then.

Im quite sure that if my ex ever dies, my son will more likely be sent to live with a bulgarian lion tamer than with me.

>> Im quite sure that if my ex ever dies, my son will more likely be
>> sent to live with a bulgarian lion tamer than with me.

Thats a lesbian bulgarian lion tamer.

Opps maybe not, lion taming is not PC now you know. No live animals in circus please.
 Northerners Won't Understand Southern Children - Crankcase
According to IMDB there was a Bulgarian cartoon made in 1970 called The Lion Tamer, and now I want to see it. It shall become my life's ambition.

Ohh No, let me recommend "Ilse - She Devil of the SS"
 Northerners Won't Understand Southern Children - Crankcase
>> Ohh No, let me recommend "Ilse - She Devil of the SS"

I'll invite Mrs C's mother over for a special screening shall I?
 Northerners Won't Understand Southern Children - Stuu
I should prob see it, get an idea of who will be getting custody of my son....
 Northerners Won't Understand Southern Children - Ted

www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMOmB1q8W4Y

Ted
 Northerners Won't Understand Southern Children - Stuartli
>>Awful place, The North - sooner we build that wall, the better!

:o}>>

Yes and it's us Northerners who'll be manning it, armed to the teeth...:-))
 Northerners Won't Understand Southern Children - RattleandSmoke
I am smug enough thank you, I don't need some pouncy southerners helping me with that. Now pfd and get back to your traffic jams :D.

Last edited by: VxFan on Thu 7 Jul 11 at 00:34

An erudite and sensible comment from Professor Ratto there.

Now, where's me flat cap ? I'm off to feed me whippets. There's nobbut wrong, what wi' mither and clutterbucks !

Ted ( Born in Devon ! )
 Northerners Won't Understand Southern Children - devonite
Tis the "affluent" south with it`s sky-high prices, wages, extortionate demands etc that are ruining this country! - us frugal Northerners are the Ying to your Yang! If this country was fully computerised you would all be classed as "Resource Hogs" and eliminated!

(big smileys ;-) ;-) in case you soft-southerners take offence!!)
we will be throwing bodies of the locals into the furnaces of the great northern power stations to keep our southern computers running.

Mrs Ted's really looking forward to meeting you, Zedric......just so you'll recognise her....

tinyurl.com/5vpujle

Be very afraid !

Ted
 Northerners Won't Understand Southern Children - Runfer D'Hills
Definition of a northern dinner party. Fish and chips on a proper plate instead of left in the paper...

Definition of a southern dinner party. Mind numbing chat which always comes back to school catchment areas...

Defininition of a Scottish dinner party. Ye'll have had yer tea?...

Definintion of an Irish dinner party. Ah feck it let's go to the pub...

Definition of of a Welsh dinner party. Seaweed anyone?
 Northerners Won't Understand Southern Children - Duncan
pouncy southerners
>>
>>

That's one of the biggest problems with Southerners - always waiting to pounce.

There you happily minding your own business, just taking the whippets home t'tea and crash! Some pouncy Southerner has er, well, pounced.

I ask yer, what's a decent hard working Northerner to do, eh?
 Northerners Won't Understand Southern Children - madf
>> I ask yer, what's a decent hard working Northerner to do, eh?
>>

I recommend euthanasia.. but there are few decent hardworking Northerners left.. most have gone South :-)
Last edited by: madf on Tue 5 Jul 11 at 18:16
 Northerners Won't Understand Southern Children - Runfer D'Hills
Or indeed heuthanasia as they would say if trying to sound posh...

:-)
 Northerners Won't Understand Southern Children - mikeyb
Met an ex social worker a few years back - he was running a b&b I was staying in.

Told me he quit because he got fed up with never fixing the problems, and just sticking a plaster over problems.

Said the final straw was when he found himself dealing with a second generation of a family all with the same issues as the first
 Northerners Won't Understand Southern Children - Armel Coussine
To revert to the OP and the newspaper story: surely if Hampshire social services had anything against the aunt in Yorkshire they would have said so?

The children had been taken from their parents for reasons that are not given, but that are probably quite good.

But if anyone was seriously worried about culture shock and the harm it might do, they should be given a thorough kicking and sacked.

When you turn up somewhere looking and sounding exotic, some people naturally turn on you and others don't. It makes the whole problem of working out who is a carphound and who is all right incredibly simple. You can tell at once who is worth mooching around with and who isn't.

Added to which of course, the benefits of abrasive or reassuring contact with other 'cultures' - tee hee! Let's say subcultures anyway - vastly outweigh in the long run any possible disadvantages. I speak from considered experience.
 Northerners Won't Understand Southern Children - Roger.
>> Met an ex social worker a few years back - he was running a b&b
>> I was staying in.
>>
>> Told me he quit because he got fed up with never fixing the problems, and
>> just sticking a plaster over problems.
>>
>> Said the final straw was when he found himself dealing with a second generation of
>> a family all with the same issues as the first

.......................thus proving he had utterly failed in dealing with the elder members!
 Northerners Won't Understand Southern Children - mikeyb

>> >> Said the final straw was when he found himself dealing with a second generation
>> of
>> >> a family all with the same issues as the first
>>
>> .......................thus proving he had utterly failed in dealing with the elder members!
>>
>>

That was his point. In the role he was unable to do anthing effective
 Northerners Won't Understand Southern Children - Kevin
>Some pouncy Southerner has er, well, pounced.

>I ask yer, what's a decent hard working Northerner to do, eh?

I usually drop me kecks and set the ferrets on 'em.
This story makes me despair. We have social workers who are supposed to be there to protect vulnerable children, refusing to let a close relative look after her niece and nephew in case they were picked on for having a Southern accent - how ignorant, bizarre and dare I say discriminatory against Northerners. Also how can they justify placing the children with strangers instead of family. It is disgraceful that they don't get their priorities right as they should be protecting children like Baby P who are left with people who neglect, abuse, torture and eventually murder them rather than worry about whether children are living in an area where everyone speaks with the same accent.
Is it any wonder that people don't have much faith in them and their ability to do the best for children.
But hey let's not forget that after every mistake they make they say "lessons have been learned".

(From LadyDog)
 Northerners Won't Understand Southern Children - -
LadyDog, first of all our commiserations for having to and admiration for actually putting up with the leader of the pack, well, he reckons he is.:-)

Secondly, couldn't agree more with the content of your post.

It's a ludicrous argument to make and demeaning to people living in areas deemed too tribal? or bigoted to be able to accomodate anyone sounding slightly different.
How do they think immigrant families have managed.

Serious lack of common sense.
Last edited by: gordonbennet on Tue 5 Jul 11 at 21:42
 Northerners Won't Understand Southern Children - Old Navy
>> LadyDog, first of all our commiserations for having to and admiration for actually putting up
>> with the leader of the pack, well, he reckons he is.:-)
>>
>> Secondly, couldn't agree more with the content of your post.
>> Serious lack of common sense.
>>

Seconded!

I would add ignorance, has this "Social Worker" ever been north of the M4?

Northerners Won't Understand Southern Children - PhilW
"This story makes me despair"
Christopher Booker of the Telegraph has been highlighting even worse cases over many months - below are just 3 examples
www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/columnists/christopherbooker/8612734/A-fathers-nightmare.html
www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/columnists/christopherbooker/8570173/The-mystery-of-Haringeys-missing-Girl-X-makes-a-mockery-of-the-Children-Act.html
www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/columnists/christopherbooker/8557045/How-our-judges-deny-human-rights-to-children-taken-into-care.html
www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/columnists/christopherbooker/8544025/The-real-scandal-hidden-by-gags-is-what-goes-on-in-family-courts.html

Private Eye has also been following a case for several months where an autistic son was taken from his father by social services against both the father's and son's wishes - the father has, after a long campaign, just succeeded in getting his son back.
It seems that Social services (and judges at times) consider that acting in their own interest is far more worthy than acting in the interest of the children/parents.
It makes me despair also.
 Northerners Won't Understand Southern Children - Dutchie
I do agree with most of the sentiments regarding common sense which in this case hasn't been used.

But we don't know the full story, If its true like Dogs comments there is a problem somewhere.

Our son in law is a social worker and it can be a thankless task.He deals with people who have mental problems. He leads a team and the responsibility to make the right decision is sometimes a fine balance.

Cooperation between police authorities should be better.I remember the sad case where a woman kiled herself and her daughter after reporting her predicament to the police after being harrassed and not enough notice was taking.
Latest Forum Posts