Non-motoring > Latest jobsworth mindlessness Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Meldrew Replies: 7

Latest jobsworth mindlessness - Meldrew
www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2019745/Street-magician-halts-card-council-warning-littering.html

Remember, if you give someone a uniform and two people to shout at, they will think they run the World!

"Street Scene Inspector! WTF!
 Latest jobsworth mindlessness - mikeyb
Madness. I wonder if it had been a large group of youths dropping kebab wrappers at 2am he would have been so willing to challenge them
 Latest jobsworth mindlessness - Armel Coussine
I am often amazed by the tameness of British crowds. I know places where such a person would have been chased away and probably given a few licks to teach him a bit of respect for those he is employed to serve.

Perhaps even a light lynching isn't the best of ideas. But what was to stop the crowd from drowning the twerp's voice with cries of: 'Ignore the prat! If he dares give you a bit of paper give it to us and we'll tear it up to show him what litter really is! Go forth and multiply, you jumped-up little carphound!' etc. etc.

I'd have a few words for the council supporting such behaviour too. Who do these overpaid idiots think they are, and who do they think we are?
 Latest jobsworth mindlessness - madf
I would show the jobsworth what lttering actually means.. with rotten tomatoes...
 Latest jobsworth mindlessness - Duncan
>> I would show the jobsworth what lttering actually means.. with rotten tomatoes...
>>

The trouble is - you just can't get the rotten tomatoes nowadays.

I blame the EU.
 Latest jobsworth mindlessness - MD
And of course folk like him can vote and sadly, breed too. Doesn't bear thinking about.
 Latest jobsworth mindlessness - Cliff Pope
I think jobsworths are always with us. There are endless stories of them even during the war, when there was supposed to be a more important task in hand.

But the really sad thing is that everyone else pays attention to them.
 Latest jobsworth mindlessness - Mike Hannon
Ah yes. Billy Brown of London Town. And he was invented and paid by London Transport. Until he was ridiculed out of existence.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billy_Brown_of_London_Town
Latest Forum Posts