Non-motoring > Cheap waterproof digital camera? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Hard Cheese Replies: 8

Cheap waterproof digital camera? - Hard Cheese
Any experiences?

Something like the Kodak C123, Samsung WP10 or Fuji XP10.

Thanks.
Last edited by: Cheddar on Fri 29 Jul 11 at 16:29
 Cheap waterproof digital camera? - apm
The Panasonic Lumix DMC-FT10 is water, freeze and shockproof and a Which? best buy. £149 of your English pounds.

HTH,

Alex.
 Cheap waterproof digital camera? - Zero
What kind of depth you looking at? How about a waterproof enclosure?
 Cheap waterproof digital camera? - Runfer D'Hills
My son has one of these. It'll take videos or snaps. Quite good really. We used it on holiday this year while snorkelling. Worked well. Can't remember what I paid for it. Wasn't all that dear I seem to recall.

shop.kodak.co.uk/store/ekconseu/en_GB/pd/Mini_Video_Camera/productID.202382400
 Cheap waterproof digital camera? - Stuartli
Fuji FinePix X30 on offer at £125 at Dabs:

tinyurl.com/3qenpmk

Olympus also make some Tough cameras that are waterproof. The Tough TG-310 varies from around £131 to £140.
 Cheap waterproof digital camera? - R.P.
There's a second hand Olympus Tough 3000 for sale on a forum I hang around in. (to do with BMW bikes) - guy wants 80 quid delivered. Happy to act as a middle man if you want (It's in a subscriber only part of the forum)

Thanks RP, all.

Ordered a Fuji XP10 (The XP30 has GPS which apprently eats batteries), it's only for beach etc where a bit of rough and tumble, splashing etc would wreck a decent camera. Might take it into the surf though not down to any depth. £100 with an SD card was the budget and got one for £95.
 Cheap waterproof digital camera? - Fenlander
The GPS on my new Sony compact is a bit of fun and will be used on this years hols to show remote places off the Scottish west coast we reached in the Zodiac. Beyond that for me it's a gimmick in day to day use. Btw mine still has an amazing battery life even with GPS on.

Fuji XP10 delivered yesterday, neat little camera for the money, hope it is as durable as claimed.

Latest Forum Posts