Non-motoring > Replacement dyson hose, but longer? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Skoda Replies: 24

Replacement dyson hose, but longer? - Skoda
Got a new vac cleaner a couple of weeks ago (and enough attachments with it to open a shop!) but the one thing it's missing is a long hose. The one in the box is about a metre too short for my liking.

Is it possible to get one that's longer? Alternatively the dyson website has an inline extension listed for the dc24 which should fit, looks the same connectors as the dc32 but says it's not compatible with the turbine heads, any ideas why?
 Replacement dyson hose, but longer? - Fenlander
>>>it's not compatible with the turbine heads, any ideas why?

Is the turbine vacuum powered? Might be due to loss or airflow if so??
 Replacement dyson hose, but longer? - rtj70
Turbine head is powered by the airflow. I know because ours broke the blade if the turbine and stopped turning. Replaced under warranty.
 Replacement dyson hose, but longer? - Dave_
>> Is it possible to get one that's longer?

I don't know, but there's a fellow at meashamcarboot.co.uk/ who sells all manner of Dyson bits, I'll have a look for you at sparrow's wake-up* in the morning.

*Swear filter didn't like the original expression
Last edited by: Dave_TDCi on Sun 31 Jul 11 at 00:35
 Replacement dyson hose, but longer? - Iffy
You probably don't want two vacuum cleaners, but Henry's have long hoses, long metal tubes, and you can get extension tubes to reach very high ceilings.

Whisper quiet, compared to a Dyson, and a long flex, which are some of the reasons hotels like them.

www.numatic.co.uk/products4.aspx?id=1&r=4&sr=1
 Replacement dyson hose, but longer? - CGNorwich
Actually two vacuum cleaners is a good idea,. We have a Henry which is great for cleaning the car and those dusty DIY jobs. It's a bit basic but as you say has the long hose and parts and bags are very cheap.

The Dyson's ok, if anything it's a bit too powerful. It's missing an adjustable power control. There is a vent trigger on the handle but it's a faff sometimes. It's noisy too.

As best i can tell there's no dyson long hose. I'll pick up another hose off eBay and try to devise some method of securing 2 together.

It's strange, the hoover has mouldings in it for a longer hose to neatly coil round it. Why put the mouldings there if you don't sell the hose to use them?!
>> It's strange, the hoover has mouldings in it for a longer hose to neatly coil round it. Why put
>> the mouldings there if you don't sell the hose to use them?!

How long is the hose you have? The hose coils around ours along with the telescoping wand.
 Replacement dyson hose, but longer? - VxFan
>> We have a Henry

What's the betting Jordan has a Hetty, as everything she owns she likes to turn pink.
Skoda if you have the DC24 really you've bought the Dyson model where everything is small and light so it can be more easily used by those who can't manage a full sized model. The bin is small, the mains lead is short as is the hose. Have you worked out you are supposed to reverse the handle to effectively lenghten the hose.

I bought my Mum one of these a couple of months ago as she's unable to carry a full size Dyson upstairs.

I think modding this model is a dead loss and if its exceptional light weight (by Dyson standards) isn't essential to you I'd swap it for a normal size model which will have the hose reach you need.
Last edited by: Fenlander on Sun 31 Jul 11 at 13:22
Is that the city one? We saw that but looked to small. Its the dc32. If it was entirely up to me I'd have gone for an upright although not convinced by the ball design. I never do hoovering (except for the cars!) so I didn't get much of a vote :-)

It's alright but as I say probably too powerful for a lot of my use. Sucks the mats off the floor and clamps the head against leather seats if you don't pull the vent trigger. The mini turbine head isn't as good as the big one and the big ones too big for a car.

They chucked in loads of attachments with it and looking at the prices on eBay I'm tempted to flog most of them.
Ahh sorry... as you were... your first post read as if you may have bought the DC24. That's a great vacuum for my 80+ Mum but for those of us who can still push something the weight of a moped about the larger upright Dysons are better in all respects.

I've had over a dozen Dyson uprights but never a cylinder type so they're outside my experience. Know what you mean about selling the extra bits. I had a failed old Dyson the other year and broke it for parts on Ebay. Made over £60 after fees for something that would otherwise have gone down the tip!
 Replacement dyson hose, but longer? - Roger.
A local shop sells recon Dysons from £45 to around £75.
We bought a recon Dyson on eBay some years ago, from a seller in South Wales.
£45 for the machine, £25 to ship it to Spain.
We still have it here in the UK and it's going strong!
 Replacement dyson hose, but longer? - Mapmaker
Fenlander>>I've had over a dozen Dyson uprights

Wow. So they last you less than two years? What do you do with them?
Well if you really want to know....

Currently I have five. One for the garage/workshop, one for the stables, a spare *outdoors* one with no current plans, one best one in the house, the previous house one someone's asked me for so I'm just cleaning it up. I have given my Mum two over the years and cleaned/overhauled two that have gone to relative's holiday cottages. Then there were a couple of the very earliest models we owned.

If I see one in the tip I usually bring it home because most people dump them as they don't realise there is a filter to wash and scrap them due to lack of suction... rarely much else major wrong.

They don't call me Mr Dyson in the village for nothing...... actually thinking about it they don't call me that at all.
Last edited by: Fenlander on Mon 1 Aug 11 at 10:33
 Replacement dyson hose, but longer? - henry k
One of these might be able to help you

www.dysonrepairman.co.uk/find-us.html

I know there are a lot of Dysons out there but thats an awful lot of repair men.
Something I should be aware of ???
 Replacement dyson hose, but longer? - madf
>> One of these might be able to help you
>>
>> www.dysonrepairman.co.uk/find-us.html
>>
>> I know there are a lot of Dysons out there but thats an awful lot
>> of repair men.
>> Something I should be aware of ???
>>

Lots of people incapable/too lazy to repair simple things? Or scared of electric things?
 Replacement dyson hose, but longer? - Alastairw
The difference is Dysons are designed to be repaired. When other vacs break you usually have to bin them.
 Replacement dyson hose, but longer? - henry k
>> The difference is Dysons are designed to be repaired.
>> When other vacs break you usually have to bin them.
>>
Except SEBO. My local repair shop says that even if the expensive SEBO motor needs replacing it is worth doing the repair because the cleaner is so good.
To date, no repairs required on the two in my household.
What I do know about Dysons - Noisy, bulky, 'orrible colours so I looked for other makes.
 Replacement dyson hose, but longer? - Dutchie
Buy a little Henry good suction and a friendly face.;)
 Replacement dyson hose, but longer? - Iffy
...Buy a little Henry good suction and a friendly face.;)...

I have two Henrys, one in Iffy Towers, and one in the caravan.

Both reliable so far, and the UK makers Nu-matic sell the spares.

I think Dyson quality suffered when they moved manufacturing overseas.

But Dysons have always been noisy.

>> The difference is Dysons are designed to be repaired

And come with a 5 year guarantee. Our turbo head on the Dyson had broken (the turbine). Phoned up and they sent out a new one. I'd already taken a look at the old one and probably could fix it.

Best vacuum cleaner we've had. Heavy but the amount of car hair it gets up is unbelievable.
 Replacement dyson hose, but longer? - VxFan
>> Heavy but the amount of car hair it gets up is unbelievable.

And I bet the engine purrs a treat.
:-) Ooops. Cat hair.
 Replacement dyson hose, but longer? - Cliff Pope
You Google "vacuum clear hose joiner" and look what pops up - a vacuum cleaner hose joiner.

www.carpet-cleaning-equipment.co.uk/2-inch-to-2-inch-stainless-steel-joining-tube-for-vacuum-hose-pc7395-p-640.html
Latest Forum Posts