Non-motoring > Petition for parliament withdrawal Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Lygonos Replies: 5

Petition for parliament withdrawal - Lygonos
www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14364037

These pfd pfd pfd pfd have served 25% of their sentences, albeit to be released on a curfew.

Yeah - that's shown 'em.

/rolleyes
Last edited by: Lygonos on Mon 1 Aug 11 at 18:05
 Petition for parliament withdrawal - Robin O'Reliant
I think that's fair enough.

For an otherwise respectable type four months in prison must be a devastating experience, more than enough to teach him the error of his ways - which is what it's all about. He is still only on licence and subject to strict conditions, breach of which would see him banged up for the remainder of the term.

No point in taking up un-necessary cell space when their are dangerous and violent people who really do need to be kept off the streets.
"more than enough to teach him the error of his ways"

This POS (Devine in particular) lied repeatedly in court, trying to smear others rather than put his hands up and accept the penalty.

Pathetic sentence considering the crime he was convicted of, and the lack of remorse and fictional defence.

Maybe jail isn't the answer and a fine of biblical proportion would have been a wiser move taken from his ex-MP pension pot?
 Petition for parliament withdrawal - Mark
Agreed

Strip his pension pot till its empty as he has let himself and the rest of us down.

But then I can understand the views of those that would prefer a lampost and a length of rope as a solution for MPs like this that feel they that as they were elected they can therefore go on to rob the public purse with impunity.

As always

Mark

Petition for parliament withdrawal - Iffy
Devine is bankrupt, so his assets are under the control of an Official Receiver (OR).

I don't know the ins and outs, but the OR will be taking an interest in his pension pot.

That might explain why the creditor - a former employee - petitioned for his bankruptcy.

There's no point in doing that unless you think there's a chance of getting your money.

Maybe she wants to put the boot in as much as possible considering what he said about her in court?
Latest Forum Posts