Non-motoring > E-bay listings Miscellaneous
Thread Author: MD Replies: 3

E-bay listings - MD
What/why on some listings does it say private listing bidder ID protected and some are just partially starred out with a couple of letters showing where you can look at their bid activity.
 E-bay listings - Chris S
I was puzzled about this as well and did a Google search and found this:

When a bidders identity is Private, it means the SELLER has listed the item as a Private Auction.

When you go to the bid history you will only see your ID, other bidders will only see theirs and your ID will also show as Private.

Sellers make their auction Private for a few reasons -

1 - The item could be of a sensitive nature and many buyers don't want anyone to know they are interested in it.

2 - To stop Auction Interference. eg. to stop other sellers contacting bidders and making them a better offer.
 E-bay listings - -
The cynic in me thinks it helps to cover up collusion in upping prices too.

You could otherwise search through a sellers listings and find the same 3 bidders have featured heavily in bids over time.

All in all i don't mind buying with due caution from there, but increasingly discouraged from selling, due to Paypal and possible buyer fraud....as usual the dishonest spoil it all for the straight people.
 E-bay listings - Bigtee
What you need is several accounts when selling or a group of friends who will "bid it up" for you.

Top price is wanted of course. :-)
Latest Forum Posts