Non-motoring > A new thermostat for my iron Buying / Selling
Thread Author: Mapmaker Replies: 17

A new thermostat for my iron - Mapmaker
My superb (and really quite expensive) Rowenta DX9301 needs a new thermostat. I have the tamper proof screwdrivers. But what about a new thermostat? It must cost them at least 50p to have made.
 A new thermostat for my iron - VxFan
I occasionally use espares for domestic spare parts. Can't find your particular model on their website, but I've found them helpful in the past when I've spoken to them over the phone.

www.espares.co.uk
 A new thermostat for my iron - bathtub tom
SWMBO's told me it's something she uses, perhaps Pat could enlighten us? ;>)
 A new thermostat for my iron - Pat
I think mapmaker should stop being such a meanie and buy Mrs MM a new iron:)

Pat
MY iron, Pat. I have bought a new one, but it would be nice to have it as a spare.
Last edited by: Mapmaker on Fri 2 Sep 11 at 10:46
A man who can iron? *gasps in astonishment*

You really have gone up in my estimation mapmaker.

I love ironing...I can stand in the window and watch the garden, listen to loud music and dream as much as I want to.

I iron everything, even dusters, because I like to see all those neat piles tucked away in drawers.

Tumble dryer? No thanks, they're for the feint hearted who don't know how to enjoy a proper job.

Pat
 A new thermostat for my iron - Fenlander
Good on you Pat but it's a tumble dryer for me to deal with 90% of our stuff. With two teens you'd be spending your whole life looking out the window and listening to loud music if their stuff (school in particular) was ironed.

Fenlander (soon to be ex - fen)
Not me, I'd teach them to iron their own stuff:)

It's how I learned to enjoy it.

Pat
There is no greater pleasure in life than slipping freshly-ironed poplin over ones torso. Save for, probably, slipping between freshly-ironed cotton/linen blend sheets. Or unfolding a freshly-starched napkin.
 A new thermostat for my iron - Fenlander
>>>Not me, I'd teach them to iron their own stuff:)

They can both iron but the homework and extra study workload they are putting in means I'm happy to relieve them of ironing time. Similarly my folks wanted me to have a child's childhood with no forced chores and it didn't make me lazy.
 A new thermostat for my iron - Meldrew
I'd be fairly leery of repairing something with 1300 watts going thru it. My partner had an iron explode while she was using it last week, No fuse or circuit breaker tripped and she was covered with bits of plastic and small lumps of molten metal. Shocked but unhurt I am glad to say. To be fair, this was at her work where managament supply domestic irons for commercial times and levels of work.
 A new thermostat for my iron - Robin O'Reliant
So it's ironing now, is it?

I blame the demise of starting handles. This "Modern Man" stuff would never have took off if we still had to crank the engine over by hand on a winters morning.
>>I'd be fairly leery of repairing something with 1300 watts going thru it.

2,600 actually.

I've already (long-since) disabled the automatic switch-off-if-unattended option; they never last long.
 A new thermostat for my iron - Cliff Pope
>> A man who can iron? *gasps in astonishment*
>>
>>

Perhaps he irons maps, not just the newspaper.
 A new thermostat for my iron - Clk Sec
>> Perhaps he irons maps, not just the newspaper.

Or even his tax return.
 A new thermostat for my iron - Runfer D'Hills
I can iron perfectly well but my wife won't let me. She sees it as an unseemly thing for a married chap to do. Good girl actually. Keeps a clean house. Not a bad cook either.

:-)
Last edited by: Humph D'Bout on Mon 5 Sep 11 at 17:43
Good job you're not married to me Humph!

You'd be cooking the dinner while I was bending your bike rack so it would fit in the dustbin.

Pat
 A new thermostat for my iron - Runfer D'Hills
Well, I must admit I did have to kiss a lot of frog-ettes first. However, patience, thorough research and unwavering standards will always pay off in the end.

:-)
Latest Forum Posts