Non-motoring > Cash ISAs Miscellaneous
Thread Author: bathtub tom Replies: 6

Cash ISAs - bathtub tom
You have to be careful, don'cha!

I haven't taken up this years entitlement yet, because I was tied in to a one year savings thingmy that's just reached it's term.

I checked all the 'money-saving' type websites and the best I could find was 3.05% for a one year deal. Opting for Northern Rock, when I go into their site I find 3.2% ISA that's been on offer for a couple weeks.

Unless anyone knows better?
 Cash ISAs - Manatee
Don't forget to fill up with index linked NSCs. Every chance of beating 3.2%, and in for 5 years.

Or if you're brave enough, a stocks and shares ISA. I'd rather gamble than lock into a sub-inflation return, though I might live to regret it.
 Cash ISAs - legacylad
Is it possible to get a self select stocks & shares Isa? I would rather stick my own tail on the donkey rather than pay some muppet in London do it for me.
 Cash ISAs - bathtub tom
>>I would rather stick my own tail on the donkey rather than pay some muppet in London do it for me.

That's what I thought when I bought into Lloyds bank. ;>(
 Cash ISAs - mikeyb
>> >>I would rather stick my own tail on the donkey rather than pay some muppet
>> in London do it for me.
>>
>> That's what I thought when I bought into Lloyds bank. ;>(
>>

Welcome to my club!
 Cash ISAs - Manatee
>> Is it possible to get a self select stocks & shares Isa? I would rather
>> stick my own tail on the donkey rather than pay some muppet in London do
>> it for me.

Look at a funds supermarket like Hargreaves Lansdown www.hl.co.uk/ (other fund supermarkets are available). You can mix funds and shares in an ISA, and for most of the funds you will not pay any of the 4%/5% that will disappear if you buy direct from the managers or through an IFA. There are some index funds with low charges (e.g. HSBC index funds at 0.27% TER).
 Cash ISAs - mikeyb
I have a self select ISA with HSBC. Prefer to pick and chose and make my own mistakes.
Latest Forum Posts