Non-motoring > Motoring Forums Miscellaneous
Thread Author: rtj70 Replies: 12

Motoring Forums - rtj70
After the debacle on t'other site I think all liked coming here. Don't let this mean they go elsewhere. I bet if I set up a general forum on a machine (when I move with my new broadband connection at 40Mbit/s down and 10Mbit/s up) they'd move there if it was a free for all forum with little moderating. Think on.... this all sounded good to me but reactions are not looking positive.
 Motoring Forums - Zero
Is it me, not sure what you are trying to say here
 Motoring Forums - MD
What currently is going on?
 Motoring Forums - rtj70
It was a reply to the thread on voting for posts.... and ended up here. I've tried reporting to the mods to move it. Don't know why it ended up here and therefore out of context.

Just trying to say we're all enjoying a forum as it has been but this new change might not go down well. And if someone setup a forum for the regulars to chat they might jump again.

I think I am like most on here that can say I enjoy the chatting etc. on here.
 Motoring Forums - Zero
ah ok - it was the out of context bit that threw me.

In the wrong place? and you an ex mod too? no wonder posts got lost.

;
Last edited by: Zero on Wed 7 Apr 10 at 20:53
 Motoring Forums - rtj70
:-) and I can't move it. If this was the other site I'd understand why it was in the wrong place ;-)

Actually I suspect it was be choosing a new subject - it used to say in the same thread on the old version of the software. Maybe it started a new thread on here?

Old habits in multiple threads in a single thread maybe was my downfall.

I posted and it was not there and then I spot it at the top of the non-motoring forum.
Last edited by: rtj70 on Wed 7 Apr 10 at 20:57
 Motoring Forums - Manatee
I'm not sure what you're saying either Rob - there are plenty of other free-for-all forums (fora?) already aren't there?
 Motoring Forums - rtj70
There are indeed. But we all followed to here from HJ. And if we don't like what we see happening here, where might we go next if we really don't like it?

Although it might turn out to be a good feature.

EDIT: And I meant I could setup a forum just for all of you ;-) With little moderation, brutal as it might get in posting style at times.
Last edited by: rtj70 on Wed 7 Apr 10 at 21:01
 Motoring Forums - Manatee
Sorry - my post crossed with several others.
 Motoring Forums - rtj70
And my original post should be on the popular thread on voting etc. Sorry if I confused anyone.

This really is like a virtual pub and if another came along we all liked, we might move to that. My point is for car4play is don't mess if it's not needed.

Maybe have a vote on what we think. To easily gauge opinion I suggest:

1. Create a new dummy account for voting
2. Post a new thread asking for an opinion on the new idea
3. Let us vote +, - or worse for that new dummy account

I am sensing it will not be well received.

Motoring Forums - swiss tony
I don't see the need for voting.
as has been said, if it aint broke don't fix it, that was after all the reason we are now here......
 Test post - VxFan
Please ignore
 Motoring Forums - VxFan
>> Actually I suspect it was be choosing a new subject - it used to say in the same thread on the old version of the software. Maybe it started a new thread on here?

Rob, I just changed the subject in this thread and my post remained here. Not sure what you did, other than to start a new thread instead of replying in the other thread?
Latest Forum Posts