Non-motoring > What would you do? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: RattleandSmoke Replies: 14

What would you do? - RattleandSmoke
Been away two nights camping in Wales, got back then had to go to a gig, at the end of the gig I was tired and wanted my bed. My mate and his girlfriend who going onto a club, the music was mainly EMO and that is not my thing so I went 'home'.

One reason didn't go is I had a feeling they might kick off, well it seems it did, ended up in my mate getting round up and in some sort of fight, although I think the only person attacking him was a brick wall.

I feel guilty for not checking they were ok and just leaving them to it, but past experience is when I have been caught up when couples fall out I end up falling out with them all, so I just leave them to it now. Does that make me bad for not getting involved and just letting them get on with it?
 What would you do? - sooty123

Not your place to step in, they wouldn't want or expect it. It doesn't go well (as you say based on your past experience) you followed your own advice. No it doesn't make you bad, you can't help everyone.
 What would you do? - Clk Sec
Get yourself a good woman, Rattle.
I like a quiet life :). Really don't want the hassle.
 What would you do? - Ian (Cape Town)
>> I like a quiet life :). Really don't want the hassle.
>>

The price one pays for getting a good 'rattling'...

It is better to have loved and lost than to spend your whole life winking.

Oops, spelling mistake there.
Walk away, rene.

Don't take sides, don't get involved. Unless a bloke is slapping a woman, in which case steaming in and administering a damn good kicking is the gentlemanly thing to do.
Just feel bad because my mate got attacked but he knows how volatile the situation is with his girlfriend yet still encourages them both to get drunk. I just feel like I should have least texted them to make sure they got back ok.
Not your problem, rattle.
Obviously he did something to make himself unpopular. Getting his girlfriend involved inasmuch as he 'encourages them both to get drunk' - I assume it is his idea, not hers - can only lead to aggro.
I was told the bouncers call them for "Agro Pair" and to be fair if they kick off in the club the bouncers handle them very well, they just give them a quiet warning to calm down which usually does the trick. The place they went to last night would have been a lot heavy handed, which just makes things ten times worse.

Not saying I don't ever want a girlfriend, just happy the way things are at the moment. Though hoping to start college soon (if they still have places) so who knows...
 What would you do? - Soft Top
I've generally found everyone else's troubles seem easier to solve than my own and there is a temptation to step in and offer advice or "support". This might be because I am not aware of the full picture behind my friends' issues. Dealing with one's own problems is generally hard enough so on balance I think you probably did the right thing.

Having said that - I'm doing exactly what I told you not to do... :-)

Hope you manage to stay friends with both.

Soft Top
Well if they fall out, I won't be "allowed" to stay friends with her, well at least not for a few months. I do have all his ex girlfriends on my facebook though :p.
 What would you do? - R.P.
Leave well alone Rats...! How did the trip go ?
Yeah I have done, not even going to send a text, as far as I am concerned unless they tell me otherwise everything is hunkydorry, I only know what happened because they decided to have a public facebook argument :p.

I ended up staying here

www.plattsfarm.com/

Just under three hours on a train (£26 return) and £8 a night so worked out cheap, decided Cricieth was just a bit far to go for two nights, and the weather wasn't right for the Capel Curig one.

Met up with my cousin who has a shop in Llandudno on the Wednesday and had a few beers there, then on the Thursday a scouse and an auzie decided to camping alone too, so we had a few beers round the camp fire.
 What would you do? - Pat
So you didn't go in the Panda then?

Pat
 What would you do? - swiss tony
>> So you didn't go in the Panda then?
>>
>> Pat
>>
What, and double the mileage on it? ;-)
Latest Forum Posts