Non-motoring > Use of the word SLUT... offensive?   [Read only] Miscellaneous
Thread Author: rtj70 Replies: 6

Use of the word SLUT... offensive? - rtj70
Should one use the word slut in a post on a motoring forum? Discuss.

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/posts/?t=92799#m1028062

And a moderator used the world slut anyway? Am I overreacting? I thought it had sexual connotations.

I am posting here for an opinion as there'd be two or three including the perpetrator on HJ to answer. And I wonder what the regulars think. I have reported Avant as being offensive anyway over there as I think he's out of order.
Last edited by: rtj70 on Tue 6 Sep 11 at 00:32

Well maybe I shouldn't have asked for an opinion here. Asked Peter (HJ) and Sarah over there for a response via email.

I am surprised that anyone would use the word slut in that context. The fact it was a moderator needs dealing with.

And if they don't then I might create some alternative sluts for Avant to moderate on there. Not that he could detect the alter egos.

Someone deleted my post very quickly. But not Avant's use of the world SLUT. I wonder what Peter Lorimer will think? Avant is his representative after all. Would Peter use the world slut in a review of a car?

Use of the word SLUT... offensive? - RattleandSmoke
Not sure I am offended by it, but I can see why it can cause offence and the comment is inappropriate in a public forum.

And I posted and reported it.... then got my post removed (fine) but no Avants original.

So they have to remove a few more now. And they are. But not the post I think needs to be edited. So someone is doing something there but no a moderators job.

I wonder wonder what Peter Lorimer will respond with if anything? I doubt he will. Busy with better things. Like Tha....

Use of the word SLUT... offensive? - devonite
In the "context" of that particular thread my "opinion" is that the word "Slut" is totally unjustified and unwarranted.
As you state "Slut" generally has sexual implications, (i.e a Woman of loose morals) and there is nothing in the original post to suggest this. O.K. what she allowed the child to do was totally out if order, and she deserved reprimanding for it, but it also serves as a reminder to check the "tamper-proof" buttons on jar lids - next time it may not be just a kiddies finger thats in there!!
 Use of the word SLUT... offensive? - VxFan
>> I am posting here for an opinion.....

Sorry Rob, but all you've done so far is gripe at being moderated over on HJ instead of seeking an opinion.

As your beef is with the context of the post over on HJ, and subsequently being censored, perhaps you ought to continue taking it up with them instead of doing so on here?

In the meantime - locked.

Latest Forum Posts