Non-motoring > Unwanted phone calls - again Miscellaneous
Thread Author: henry k Replies: 4

Unwanted phone calls - again - henry k
We seem to be getting more unwanted calls of late.
Any suggestions on how to reduce or better still stop them?

I have checked and we are still on the Telephone Preference Service.

Some of the calls are from the Indian subcontinent and are therefore easy to curtail :-)
" How are you today Mr Henry ?"

I suspect some other calls are routed from outside the UK.

TPS FAQs sayes
"No, market research calls are not covered in the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 therefore companies conducting these types of calls are still allowed to call a TPS registered number. If you do not want to receive such calls, inform the caller to remove your details from their call lists."

I therefore suspect some of the calls puport to be market research.

We are not ex directory so perhaps changing that might help ?

Has anyone tried CPR - the company called CPR ?
 Unwanted phone calls - again - Iffy
This gadget should do the job:

www.truecall.co.uk/

Unwanted phone calls - again - -
Can't beat the good old Caller Display, don't recognise the number or witheld just ignore it, unless you fancy stringing them along for the hell of it, can be mildly entertaining acting like some old fool (easily) and doddering off at a snails pace to get the person of the house.

If it's an important call from someone who knows you then they'll soon be badgering your mobile.
 Unwanted phone calls - again - Clk Sec
Our 'phone is loaded with the names of most folk that are likely to call us, and we also keep the answerphone switched on most of the time. However, despite being registered with the TPS we still get calls that are usually highlighted as 'out of area', so I guess that these are from foreign parts.

As soon as our answerphone clicks in, these callers click off.
 Unwanted phone calls - again - Dutchie
Looks good but why having to pay 100 quid for these pain in the backside calls.

When I used to have a few BP shares they for ever ringing up and snotty answer as well if I disagreed with them.No shares now all spend.>;)
Latest Forum Posts