Non-motoring > One for Dog ! Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Ted Replies: 26

One for Dog ! - Ted

Remember this lot ?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=f309fSTWYo4

Ted
 One for Dog ! - Dog
Long thyme ago Ted, but I do remember those wonderful Shepherds, at another time on That's Life! they had a dog that could count, well - low and behold, they lived near my friend who lived up on Bodmin Moor - the leather craftsman, and we were invited to dinner with them and sure enough - that dog could count!
 One for Dog ! - Clk Sec
Sausages!
 One for Dog ! - Dog
>>Sausages!<<

www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IMOSN0WYvg

:)
 One for Dog ! - Clk Sec
I was just about to post that link, dog. You're too quick for me!
 One for Dog ! - Runfer D'Hills
www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnTmvQNWqX8
 One for Dog ! - R.P.
It was a truly awful programme even by today's standards.
 One for Dog ! - Dog
Well I enjoyed it - musta watched nigh-on every episode :)
 One for Dog ! - R.P.
I did as well :-) It was a Saturday (or was it Sunday) night must in our house, memorably during one showing our goldfish jumped out of it bowl on the TV and straight into my sister's mug of Horlicks
Last edited by: R.P. on Tue 13 Sep 11 at 20:57
 One for Dog ! - Dave
I always thought Ester was a right bit of crumpet.
 One for Dog ! - R.P.
Maybe - I always found her pretty threatening, especially to poor old pensioners - stiking microphones in their gobs...

It bought some words into the language like "jobsworth"....and I could never look a deformed vegetable in the eye.
 One for Dog ! - Zero
Frankly I think Esther is a deformed vegetable.
 One for Dog ! - Runfer D'Hills
The teeth were always a worry, I mean, no never mind...

:-)
 One for Dog ! - VxFan
An early Anne Robinson & Watchdog of the 70's, 80's, and early 90's.
 One for Dog ! - Ted

The strange thing, whilst watching the Alsatians performing, was that I couldn't resist reading the subtitles !

Now why should I do that ?

Ted
 One for Dog ! - Avant
But amongst all those 'talented pets' - never a cat that said anything except meow.
 One for Dog ! - rtj70
>> But amongst all those 'talented pets' - never a cat that said anything except meow.

Shortly after feeding our cat, if you are not downstairs and she wants more food she says 'where are you'. And it really does sound like that! She is about 14 and we moved here in May 2010. She started doing this in June 2010!

If you make a noise or talk she immediately stops. Very spooky.

Edit: More spooky than sausages on That's Life!
Last edited by: rtj70 on Wed 14 Sep 11 at 00:22
 One for Dog ! - MD
Many years ago, some 27 iirc we were usually to be found at some Greyhound track or another a couple of times a week and one of our regular gang worked for Ester on that show. He made it clear that when she said jump the only answer was.....How high. Nuff said. I haven't seen that clip in years, but what a laugh and what a character that Landlord is/was.
 One for Dog ! - Clk Sec
I liked That’s Life and thought it was well presented by Esther Rantzen. It was originally a Saturday night programme which was later moved to the same slot on Sunday.

My particular favourite was the very amusing Cyril ‘pin back your lugholes’ Fletcher.

The wife didn’t share my enthusiasm, though, and would leave the room as soon as the programme started and would not return until it had ended.

And finally, Esther…
Last edited by: Clk Sec on Wed 14 Sep 11 at 07:22
 One for Dog ! - Roger.
Esther RANCID was our name for her.
 One for Dog ! - Dutchie
How's that shed of yours Dog? I've got two little sheds I'm posh.>:)
 One for Dog ! - Dog
>>How's that shed of yours Dog? I've got two little sheds I'm posh.>:)<<

Yep! - I'm erected now ... paid extra for an opening window + T&G floor, so it would take my 60 bags of Taybrite if need be, bought some Cuprinol 'Ultimate' to slap on it, but it rains every day (and twice on Sundays) up here,
still - at least it's bin pressure treated, and that.
 One for Dog ! - R.P.
I bought one to accommodate my ride on mower - ended up buying a double linked shed - does that qualify as posh !
 One for Dog ! - Dutchie
That is posh R.P.Well I've got three sheds actually.(I hate that word) >:)

One plastic shed for the garden tools, one for me and one for the missus stacked with Diet Coke.

Off swimming this morning flexing my muscles what's left of it.Might look for a cycle carrier.;)
 One for Dog ! - Dog
>>Off swimming this morning flexing my muscles what's left of it<<

Actually, I'd let the missus out of the shed b4 you go if I were thee!
 One for Dog ! - Dutchie
How did you know..:)I'm in charge.!
 One for Dog ! - Dog
>>How did you know..:)I'm in charge.!<<

Yeah, when she you lets you be that is :)
Latest Forum Posts