Non-motoring > Meldrew's Weekend Brain Teaser Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Meldrew Replies: 11

Meldrew's Weekend Brain Teaser - Meldrew
Following the lead of a member who has retired may I offer this small puzzle to the Forum?

What is stored in these buildings? A bit of Googling should crack it.

tinyurl.com/5vnepru
 Meldrew's Weekend Brain Teaser - Manatee
Well...not sure I've entirely got to the point here, but they appear to be the type T2 hangars erected at RAF Barkston Heath in 1944 for glider assembly, and now used as warehousing - but for what?
 Meldrew's Weekend Brain Teaser - Manatee
Sale particulars...

www.novaloca.com/propertydocuments/33634_633784379872463760.pdf

It appears to be the address, possibly not exclusively, of Gypsum Supplies Group.

Over to somebody with more patience.
Last edited by: Manatee on Thu 15 Sep 11 at 21:37
 Meldrew's Weekend Brain Teaser - Fullchat
Manatee seems to be on the money.

I thought it might be a carpet recycling business but that appears to be situated just to the south of this complex.

www.carpet-recycling.com/contact.aspx

But the address and postcode are the same. So I'll go with the carpet recycling.
Last edited by: Fullchat on Thu 15 Sep 11 at 23:18
 Meldrew's Weekend Brain Teaser - bathtub tom
Maggie's remains?

But she's not dead yet, does that make a difference?
 Meldrew's Weekend Brain Teaser - devonite
in one photo there appears to be a fleet of red artics, the only company that i know of that uses them is the Post-office Parcel service, so im going with Parcel force distribution centre.
 Meldrew's Weekend Brain Teaser - Zero
They look like tankers to me.
Thanks for the interest. It is Barkston Heath, it is storage but of what? Most people won't like the answer BTW! A further clue is large lorries operated by a firm called Snowie which I think has now been recreated as Mountain. I saw them when I went past Barkston yesterday. Answer this evening.
 Meldrew's Weekend Brain Teaser - Pat
Both Snowie and Mountains are heavily into waste management and both store under cover.
The red lorries are Mountains but they could be carrying anything for waste.

Plastics, tyres, animal carcass, etc.

Whatever it is won't be very pleasant.

Pat

PDA is SO close I will reveal all ( Nurse, nurse - the screens!) What is being stored is rendered down remains of slaughtered cows and sheep from the BSE bother. Regrettably some of them may have had CJD so the remains cannot be incinerated for fear of the CJD getting into the atmosphere.

www.guardian.co.uk/news/1999/aug/22/food.foodanddrink1
 Meldrew's Weekend Brain Teaser - sherlock47
So the warehouses are up for sale - what happens to the waste when the new owners decide to use the facility for storage and distribution of sterile and cosmetic products :)
 Meldrew's Weekend Brain Teaser - Pat
Or even food products.

What else is carried in those trailers?....corn, sugar beet?

How thoroughly are they washed?

Drivers have been voicing these concerns for years.

Pat
Latest Forum Posts