Non-motoring > Cafe food. Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Dutchie Replies: 5

Cafe food. - Dutchie
Went to a nice local cafe the other day with my better halve.

Missus had a egg tomato mushroom breadcake.I had a egg breadcake plus two mugs of tea.

Also a fresh glass of orange.The cost was five pounds 60 pence.

Nice clean place friendly staff and toilet where spotless.Good Yorkshire people.>:)
 Cafe food. - bathtub tom
I've spent a few days in Cumbria.

Bowness - they know how to charge there, Keswick was far more reasonable.
 Cafe food. - Focusless
>> Bowness - they know how to charge there, Keswick was far more reasonable.

Probably due to the former being first stop for the typical Lake District tourist, whereas Keswick is relatively remote.
 Cafe food. - Old Navy
>> >> Bowness - they know how to charge there, Keswick was far more reasonable.
>>
>> Probably due to the former being first stop for the typical Lake District tourist, whereas
>> Keswick is relatively remote.
>>

You forgot "first stop from the south". It is not a problem arriving from the correct direction.
 Cafe food. - Focusless
>> >> >> Bowness - they know how to charge there, Keswick was far more reasonable.
>> >>
>> >> Probably due to the former being first stop for the typical Lake District tourist,
>> whereas
>> >> Keswick is relatively remote.
>> >>
>>
>> You forgot "first stop from the south". It is not a problem arriving from the
>> correct direction.

:)

(that's why I said the 'typical' tourist)
 Cafe food. - RattleandSmoke
The population from the south is much greater too. When I stayed in Llanfairchechen it really hit me how much cheaper it was than the a lot of North Wales, of course it is not a tourist town but a locals village.

Bowness is just a tourist trap pure and simple really, a nice place but very expensive.
Latest Forum Posts