Non-motoring > A good day to buy an Apple? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Iffy Replies: 18

A good day to buy an Apple? - Iffy
I wonder if there will be any genuine bargains in Apple's Black Friday shopping promotion.

The store is currently down while it's updated - so it says here:

store.apple.com/uk/browse/holiday/shopping_event

Almost worth stopping up until midnight.

Last edited by: Iffy on Thu 24 Nov 11 at 23:43
 A good day to buy an Apple? - RattleandSmoke
The day I buy an Apple, is the day I buy a Lada. I am proud that I have ever owned a single Apple product :)
Last edited by: RattleandSmoke on Fri 25 Nov 11 at 00:20
 A good day to buy an Apple? - NortonES2
Given that you don't seem to like driving much, and that you need something that would shrug off dents, I suggest www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/lada/niva-1978/ 2011 version of course.
While I see the appeal, its not for me :).
 A good day to buy an Apple? - Londoner
>> I am proud that I have ever owned a single Apple product :)
>>
A man after my own heart!
 A good day to buy an Apple? - CGNorwich
for ever owning or never owning?
 A good day to buy an Apple? - Mike Hannon
There you go, Rats. If everybody bought Apple then clever blokes like you would be out of a job. ;-)
this comment is not intended to ignite a lengthy debate...
If everybody Apple's and paid the high price for them then you could argue I would be a lot busier, as a £1k Mac is not a throw away item unlike a £300 laptop.

I simply don't do macs because the market is too small to make the investment worthwhile.
 A good day to buy an Apple? - Robin O'Reliant
Hardly the sort of reductions that would make you rush out and buy, are they?
 A good day to buy an Apple? - Roger.
ALDI'S Pink Lady Apples are very nice.
 A good day to buy an Apple? - mikeyb
Not an apple person either, however their prices tend to be pretty fixed everywhere so any kind of discount is a bonus if thats the item you are after.

Also worth remembering that you can get 4% cashback by going via quidco
 A good day to buy an Apple? - Iffy
Eighty quid off an Air or MacBook Pro is worth having - if you were going to buy one anyway.

A good day to buy an Apple? - movilogo
If it is a good day to buy Apple then other 364 days must be bad for buying Apples?

I can understand why people buy MacBook Air because they are very portable but never understood why people buy full size MacBook Pros which are not better than PCs and doubly expensive (unless it is required for work purpose).

Of course you can say why people buy Ferraris and Bentleys. But the difference is many people who are on dole still buy Macs!
 A good day to buy an Apple? - Snakey
So an ipad2 is still £69 more expensive than the asus eee pad?

I think I'll pass - I don't like apple dictating how I use my new toy (i.e itunes/no usb/bluetooth etc etc)
 A good day to buy an Apple? - movilogo
Not having USB is not a big problem. You can use Dropbox to transfer files.

Once you jailbreak, you don't need iTunes.
 A good day to buy an Apple? - Zero
Nothing wrong with Itunes tho, does the job just fine. You can also use media money if you dont like itunes, no need to jailbreak.
 A good day to buy an Apple? - MrTee43
Nothing wrong with Itunes tho,

Whats this all about

tinyurl.com/7zfubdz
 A good day to buy an Apple? - Snakey
But I like to have the freedom to usb/bluetooth music/video/pictures from a variety of other devices (phones/laptops etc) to my tablet - they're just files and can be moved around at will.

Apple tablets IMO are technically the same as the current android 3 crop, but the apple logo adds another £100

If ipads were the same price as the zoom/eee pad I would probably still pick the android!
 A good day to buy an Apple? - Zero
>> Nothing wrong with Itunes tho,
>>
>> Whats this all about
>>
>> tinyurl.com/7zfubdz

Its a scare story. You think Itunes is the only way the security services can hack into your PC?

I doubt Osma Bin Laden was buying songs via Itunes.
Latest Forum Posts