Non-motoring > Indian or italian restaurant suggestions C. London Miscellaneous
Thread Author: nice but dim Replies: 17

Indian or italian restaurant suggestions C. London - nice but dim
Me and t'other half are going to the capital new years eve for the night and would like to dine in a fine indian or italian restaurant for about £20 per head (no alcohol included). We've prebooked ASK on Baker St as a fallback plan if everywhere is busy.

Any suggestions please?
 Indian or italian restaurant suggestions C. London - Bromptonaut
Not sure what your definition of fine is but at that price you'd eat well in a Spaghetti House.

www.spaghettihouse.co.uk/

Used the one in Sicilian Ave several times both from work and with family. Most recently for work Xmas do last week. Never disappointed
Last edited by: Bromptonaut on Thu 22 Dec 11 at 20:36
 Indian or italian restaurant suggestions C. London - Armel Coussine
There will certainly be plenty. The problem is knowing which ones are good as it were tonight.

For Italian, Bianchi's in Greek St used to be good. But there are a couple of Carluccio's outlets too. Haven't tried them.

I used to like the Gurkha in Warren St. There's a street of vegetarian ones up next to Euston station. Khan's in Westbourne Grove used to be good.

I'm not as hungry as I used to be. Had some Malaysian the other night in Kentish Town and only ate half of it although it was all right. I doubt if Brick Lane - also vegetarian mostly - is as good as it used to be. You could always find great food and garbage at random in the most unexpected places. And when somewhere is good some richer outfit poaches the cook and everything changes. It's pot luck.
 Indian or italian restaurant suggestions C. London - Zero

>> doubt if Brick Lane - also vegetarian mostly - is as good as it used
>> to be.

Its not, the best Ruby house I knew - The Bengal Trader - was there. It went down the crapper and closed. As you say you need to be very current when it comes to above average ethnic food in London, it changes so fast.

If its busy, its good.
 Indian or italian restaurant suggestions C. London - Westpig
Pimlico Tandoori
 Indian or italian restaurant suggestions C. London - Mark
Chowki at Denman St W1 is about as good as it gets at a fair price.

Several Indian restaurants in Drummond St near Euston (go to the far end of Drummond St near the old Capital Radio building for the non veggie ones, past the junction with the Crown and Anchor) a little off the beaten track but worth knowing they are there.

Have always found the Italian restaurants in London to be overpriced for average food or eyewateringly expensive for good food.

As always

Mark
Last edited by: Mark on Thu 22 Dec 11 at 21:53
 Indian or italian restaurant suggestions C. London - Kevin
>Chowki at Denman St W1 is about as good as it gets at a fair price.

Another vote for Chowki.
 Indian or italian restaurant suggestions C. London - Dog
= = = => www.manze.co.uk/
 Indian or italian restaurant suggestions C. London - DeeW
Diwani Bhel Poori in Drummond Street - South Indian veggie and was still as good as I remember when we went last.
Before eating there, stock up on sweetmeats at the Ambala sweetmeat shop ... yum.
 Indian or italian restaurant suggestions C. London - DeeW
Westpig,is that the one at the end of St. George's Square? Was my local a long time ago - was good in those days.
 Indian or italian restaurant suggestions C. London - Iffy
Vecchio Alpino in Marylebone High Street used to be genuinely excellent - I took several guests there who were all very impressed with the combination of food and value.

I see it's still trading from the same premises, but as Zeddo says, things can change quickly in London's restaurant land, so what was good even a year or two ago may not be the same now.

It's quite close to the chain place you've booked in Baker Street, but if Vecchios is anything like it used to be, it will be far superior.

www.londoneats.com/search/complete.asp?Rest_RestaurantID=2232
Last edited by: Iffy on Fri 23 Dec 11 at 08:54
 Indian or italian restaurant suggestions C. London - William
You can use use Restaau software to search. <snip (mod edited)> is a smart search engine of restaurants for most of cities in UK in which you can make sure you've got the latest information for nearly 90,000 restaurants across most of cities in UK. When you need a help to find a restaurant, try it! very quick. I am sastified when using it
Last edited by: car4play on Tue 25 Sep 12 at 09:37
 Indian or italian restaurant suggestions C. London - Zero
Thats nice of you to be so helpful and informative on your first post there William

Whats the coffee like in Restaau Inc these days? I also have to tell you your web site is in breach of the new guidelines about cookies.
 Indian or italian restaurant suggestions C. London - car4play
Hi William, nice to see a new member on this site.

I take it you are the same person as this:

www.youtube.com/channel/UCyMJxDk4O9fkmbD9SeR7gLQ

If so then, simply posting on here to promote your own business is in breach of our terms of use of this forum (9.1.6). The link above shows that you are not simply an impartial end-user of that restaurant search engine.

Indian or italian restaurant suggestions C. London - Focusless
A business owner comes on here pretending to be an ordinary user of the business in order to promote it. Great advert for the business. NOT.
 Indian or italian restaurant suggestions C. London - sherlock47
If he eats in all the restaurants he claims to have done in his reviews, he must weigh about 45stone! If it all goes dark when you are in a restaurant you know he must be approaching your table. Be afraid, very afraid.

related?
www.madatoms.com/site/blog/meet-gerry-the-morbidly-obese-hipster
Last edited by: pmh on Tue 25 Sep 12 at 10:07
 Indian or italian restaurant suggestions C. London - Focusless
>> www.madatoms.com/site/blog/meet-gerry-the-morbidly-obese-hipster

"His waist size is 72, but he wears a size 69 because he likes his pants to fit skinny" :o
 Indian or italian restaurant suggestions C. London - Dulwich Estate
William = Bill = Billy.

Billy Bunter ?
Latest Forum Posts