Non-motoring > Obsolete boiler/gas fire spare parts. Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Bigtee Replies: 12

Obsolete boiler/gas fire spare parts. - Bigtee
Just my luck the only part i need for this gas fire is obsolete but incredibly some other parts are still in use!!

The Electrode unit has packed in works intermitent all local shops say no longer made i have found a company on the web here's the link.

www.justmystock.net/index.html

Just sent an enquiry form off, do you know of any other places that do this sort of thing?

There is a part on the list just if in stock etc if not it's the use of a fire lighter. :-(
 Obsolete boiler/gas fire spare parts. - John H
>> only part i need for this gas fire >>

What are the "GC" numbers of the gas fire and part you need?

G.C NO: 397856 PART NUMBER: 509819. Electrode unit.

Thanks.
 Obsolete boiler/gas fire spare parts. - Zero
Southern Boiler Spares

146 High Road Byfleet, West Byfleet KT14 7RG
019323 56235
 Obsolete boiler/gas fire spare parts. - Clk Sec
I don't think you are going to find this part on-line, Bigtee.
 Obsolete boiler/gas fire spare parts. - teabelly
If it is only the igniter then a more modern one might be modifiable to fit. Gas man would need to do it though.

Buy one of those piezo electric lighter things. Less bother! Will be a fraction of the cost of sorting the fire for a start.
 Obsolete boiler/gas fire spare parts. - VxFan
>> Just sent an enquiry form off, do you know of any other places that do this sort of thing?

www.partmaster.co.uk

www.buyspares.co.uk
 Obsolete boiler/gas fire spare parts. - devonite
is it an igniter with oxy sensor? - my 10yr old Kenilworth fires have them and wont stay lit, apparently parts obsolete! so me trying to find compatible ones from other makes!

In the meantime I found a "work-around" (if yours is a "coal-effect" inset fire!)- carefully cut away the coals from the front base around the igniter, (you can replace again later with fire cement) this seems to allow more air to the sensor, and my fires now burn as good as new (almost!).
Yes it's the ignition the bit that sparks with white ceramic around it and a earth point.

It's held in with one screw and a wire no gas man is getting the job im not paying £60.00 plus parts for that.!

Electrode unit is what it's called in the parts manual.

Thanks all.
 Obsolete boiler/gas fire spare parts. - Zero
>> Yes it's the ignition the bit that sparks with white ceramic around it and a
>> earth point.
>>
>> It's held in with one screw and a wire no gas man is getting the
>> job im not paying £60.00 plus parts for that.!
>>
>> Electrode unit is what it's called in the parts manual.
>>
>> Thanks all.

Oh good lord, a man of your calibre should be able to make a similar part fit.

Find a good local plumber/boiler spares shop take your old one in and say "I want one as near as that as you can get"
 Obsolete boiler/gas fire spare parts. - mikeyb
Not sure if this helps, but these guys appear to have an alternative for your needs

www.mjtcontrols.co.uk/potterton-boiler-spares/back-boilers---fires-fireside-fuego-super/18-362574-207659-362735
Oh good lord, a man of your calibre should be able to make a similar part fit.

Find a good local plumber/boiler spares shop take your old one in and say "I want one as near as that as you can get"

LOL. Yes.

Im off to Valor shop this week and it's coming with me & there is similar parts on the net.
Zero,

After a bit of searching i found this shop on e bay

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/140417815982

This was nice and cheap £3.75 inc postage it's a universal ignition & had to make it fit and wire it up but all in one hour it's done and working for next to nothing.

This firm is based in Wakefield and sell a range of other spares.

Plus this week the central heating boiler has had a new fan fitted the motor bearings failed 4 weeks back i oiled them and now the motor which is part of the same unit started to play up, so a new fan fitted staggering costs £206.00 inc vat for the part damn Glow Worm boilers, but up and running that took 3hrs from start to finish.

Latest Forum Posts