Non-motoring > fixmystreet.com Miscellaneous
Thread Author: L'escargot Replies: 11

fixmystreet.com - L'escargot
Do you report street/road problems to fixmystreet.com or do you just moan about them to other people? I've reported three problems and they were all fixed in a reasonable length of time.
 fixmystreet.com - bathtub tom
I think problems get resolved quicker when they're reported through such websites. Could be because they're 'in the public domain' and the relevant authority may be liable for any damage caused as a result of not dealing with them in a reasonable time.
 fixmystreet.com - nice but dim
Thanks snaily! I've signed up 2 hours ago and reported a bad broken down section of tarmac at the end of the t'other halfs road and I have just had an email from the local council saying the section will be inspected in 5 working days, result!
 fixmystreet.com - Old Navy
I have reported duff streetlights and potholes to our council through their website, always an acknowledgment and reasonably quick fix of the problem.

I requested a replacement wheely bin online, (five day response), it was delivered next day.
 fixmystreet.com - Stuu
I suppose theres no chance they would do a whole roundabout, albeit a small one.

Actually, give Kettering council their due, they are quite swift with potholes and theres seems to be ongoing efforts.

Problem is its not so much potholes so much as whole stretches of road that need doing.
 fixmystreet.com - VxFan
>> Do you report street/road problems to fixmystreet.com

Have done in the past when the website got a previous mention. Nothing seems to get done though other than them passing on the message to the local council. Last pothole I reported, I got an email back saying it wasn't deep enough to warrant repairing yet. Funny how everyone who knows it's there swerves to avoid it!!! It might be in need of some assistance to make it deeper if that's the case ;)

I wonder how deep it has to be before they'll look into it?
Last edited by: VxFan on Fri 27 Jan 12 at 18:25
 fixmystreet.com - Pat
www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGk4AKOwJbc

Pat
>> I wonder how deep it has to be before they'll look into it?
>>

At least 40 mm deep. tinyurl.com/3kndawh
I've just got another pothole filled in promptly by reporting it to fixmystreet.com I think it's a brilliant system.
 fixmystreet.com - VxFan
>> I think it's a brilliant system.

You've obviously got a better highways department with a bigger budget than Oxfordshire highways then.
 fixmystreet.com - The Nut
I reported this g.co/maps/76vb9 on fixmystreet.com at least two years ago. Notice at the bottom of the screen it says image date: October 2009, it got much worst before they started resurfacing this month.
 fixmystreet.com - teabelly
Some things get fixed quickly and others are ignored. One road was 9 months before they got round to resurfacing. Just patched badly repeatedly which is a waste of resources.

I've reported entire road lengths as they're so shocking you can't do individual pot holes!

I wish there was a tomtom app with a pothole button you could press that would log them all. I'd record loads. In fact there are so many on some roads I'd need to be doing 10 mph to get them all.

Just reported two lots to cheshire east via fixmystreet.
Latest Forum Posts