Non-motoring > Benefit Changes Thread Volume 4 Miscellaneous
Thread Author: R.P. Replies: 10

Benefit Changes Thread Volume 4 - R.P.
Continuing debate on the new Benefits changes.....

Continued debate on the changes to the benefits systems.

Please keep it polite and no cheap-shots.

Click here for Volume 1

Click here for Volume 2

Click here for Volume 3
Last edited by: R.P. on Sat 4 Feb 12 at 10:46
 Benefit Changes Thread Volume 4 - Roger.
tinyurl.com/8xj7e2q
 Benefit Changes Thread Volume 4 - Stuu
"grave political embarrassment"

Well now yes.
 Benefit Changes Thread Volume 4 - -
Don't know whether to howl with laughter or cry at the waste, and for what? and bit of kudos for the current baton holders in westminster.

So much for tory frugality, please take our money.

Roger, i no longer read or watch the news as for many years i haven't been able to stand the effects, i'll have to a avoid these threads from now too, me blood pressure and mental state can't cope.
 Benefit Changes Thread Volume 4 - Lygonos
I think it's fair to say in many (?most) instances our 'Overseas Aid' packages are barely veiled attempts to curry favour (apologies for the pun) with various regimes to try to maintain/create trading routes (such as for our military wares).

They are political tools, not humanitarian ones.

A bit like Cameron, Clegg and Miliband ;-)
 Benefit Changes Thread Volume 4 - nyx2k

>> Roger, i no longer read or watch the news as for many years i haven't
>> been able to stand the effects, i'll have to a avoid these threads from now
>> too, me blood pressure and mental state can't cope.

same for me now. I never buy a newspaper or watch any news at all. if it doesn't affect me directly i don't want to know about it as it's all too depressing.
 Benefit Changes Thread Volume 4 - L'escargot
>> tinyurl.com/8xj7e2q
>>

Doesn't India's Finance Minister know the difference between peanuts and pounds sterling?
 Benefit Changes Thread Volume 4 - VxFan
www.closeronline.co.uk/RealLife/Reallifestories/stephanie-fennessy-sharp-benefits-claim-scam.aspx

"Stephanie says: “If our benefits are cut, I don’t know how we’ll cope. Internet and phones will have to go and we might have to move to a smaller house and get rid of the car."

Ah bless. Nice to know Stephanie's thinking of the essential things in life.

And here's the Daily Mail's version - tinyurl.com/87wg5rn
 Benefit Changes Thread Volume 4 - L'escargot
>> And here's the Daily Mail's version - tinyurl.com/87wg5rn
>>

I assume that the four green wheelie bins are for garden waste. We should be so lucky. Because our (one and only) garden waste bin isn't emptied from the middle of November to the start of April we have to put garden waste into our 2/3rds size general waste bin.
Last edited by: L'escargot on Tue 29 May 12 at 15:14
 Benefit Changes Thread Volume 4 - PhilW
"Ian says he would love to get a job, but that if he works for more than an hour, he feels 'ill and stressed'.
He takes the children to school and helps with the housework, but says that the exertion means he has to rest if he gets light-headed.
He adds: 'I only get migraines every three weeks, but I qualify for sick pay

I'm speechless - and perhaps it's better that I stay that way.
 Benefit Changes Thread Volume 4 - PhilW
On the other hand, perhaps it would be a good idea if our politicians/MPs/ Members of House of Lords set a better example with regard to getting the max out of the system. Baroness Warsi anyone?
Latest Forum Posts