Non-motoring > Some assistance required - per favore! Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Zero Replies: 12

Some assistance required - per favore! - Zero
Anyone a Brummie? or travel regularly in, around or through Sutton Coldfield/Wylde Green area? If so what's the current view south down the railway line from this spot like?

g.co/maps/7np3t

Also, Anyone live in/near or travel regularly in, around or through Penkridge? What's the view like south down the line from the station?

Ta
 Some assistance required - per favore! - Runfer D'Hills
Dunno, but that sounds like a two tartan flask and extra butties trip to me.

( Free bump in the convenient disguise of the expected and may I say, deserved mild insult )

:-)
It might even be a two packs of marloboro trip, but you dont do you Humph.....
Some closets remain firmly closed. Are you still allowed to smoke on station tops?
No fraid not ole son. What's the fag lighter like in the Merc?
Hasn't got one. Well, I don't think so anyway. Not looked...

Some assistance required - per favore! - rtj70
I thought cigar lighters and ashtrays were optional extras on most cars these days. So if your car is a company car - is it possible to even rode them? It is illegal to smoke in a company car. Not that that stopped Humph :-)
Has anyone ever actually been done for that? Just curious...
 Some assistance required - per favore! - rtj70
>> Has anyone ever actually been done for that? Just curious...

Doubt it. It's also a legal obligation to display a no smoking sign.... anyone done for not displaying that? My last two cars I didn't put the sticker on. This car has it on the tax disk holder - on the inside/windscreen side of course.
 Some assistance required - per favore! - RattleandSmoke
The i10 has an ash cup, a cig lighter and an additional 12v output in case you want to charge your sat nav while lighting a cig. You can tell it is made in India!
 Some assistance required - per favore! - DP
The tax disc holders in the company cars at my last employer had a freephone number visible from the outside, with a message encouraging people to phone it and shop anyone spotted smoking in the vehicle.
It's a very widely flouted law. Not aware of anyone ever getting done for it.
 Some assistance required - per favore! - Duncan
>> Hasn't got one. Well, I don't think so anyway. Not looked...
>>

It has a 12v power outlet thingy in the cubby hole in front of the gear lever, but not a fag lighter thing as such. (What would the Yanks make of that use of the word fag?)
Last edited by: Duncan on Tue 21 Feb 12 at 08:13
 Some assistance required - per favore! - mikeyb
I think there was a case where a lorry driver was done for smoking in his cab just after the ban came in, but cant now find a link.

Its the only one I have heard of though
Latest Forum Posts