Computer Related > TV via computer Computing Issues
Thread Author: Ambo Replies: 6

TV via computer - Ambo
My house has two computers taking BT Broadband for two separate desktop computers, served by separate phone numbers via one router. What else do I need/what must I do to get TV broadcasts shows via a TV served by Freeesat in a third room please? I could buy an extra cheap laptop if that is what it takes.
 TV via computer - Robbie34
First of all you will need satellite dish, pointing in the right direction, and a connection from it. Plus, a Hauppage Win TV sat card, or similar.

tinyurl.com/6ojnfe5
 TV via computer - Ambo
I already get Freesat. Thanks for the TV card lead but this would take too much space and I already have to juggle three remotes - TV, PVR and DVD/VCR player (plus a fourth for a gas fire) - so it looks as if I will have to do without.
 TV via computer - Crankcase
Combine your remotes into one programmable one. The fancier ones can run a "script" that will turn on the tv, switch the channel, set the amp, open the curtains, whatever, all on one button.

TV via computer - VxFan
If you just want freeview channels, then you don't need a TV card. Just goto the website www.tvcatchup.com via your computer and off you go.

Watch your data limits though if you're capped at 'x' GB a month.
 TV via computer - Zero
Yup, TVcatchup is where I get mine from. The laptop has replaced a kitchen TV,
 TV via computer - lancara
Why not a Freesat extension kit - no computers involved:

www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/philex-slx-28223r-03-freesat-extension-kit-2-tvs-08513371-pdt.html
Latest Forum Posts