Computer Related > Best E.mail Program For Windows 7 Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Robbie34 Replies: 14

Best E.mail Program For Windows 7 - Robbie34
I'm using my new laptop but with Windows 7 there is no email program. Which one is best for multiple addresses?
 Best E.mail Program For Windows 7 - spamcan61
I use the default(?) Windows Live Mail on my Win7 laptop, that seems to handle multiple addresses OK, although I still find the Outlook 2003 on my Win7 desktop easier to navigate.
 Best E.mail Program For Windows 7 - Dog
I couldn't get on with windows live mail to begin with on Windows 7, so I downloaded:
www.mozilla.org/en-GB/thunderbird/ but I've got used to windows live mail now so use it all the time.
 Best E.mail Program For Windows 7 - Pat
I use Windows Live Mail too, I don't like it but I have got used to it.

It does have glitches though, and I can never find an answer for them.

Some people report getting an email from me multiple times, but it only ever shows as sent once in the sent items folder.

Pat
 Best E.mail Program For Windows 7 - L'escargot
I use Windows Live Mail. On my previous computer I had Outlook Express. I like Windows Live Mail, and I like Outlook Express, but which is best? There's only one way to find out. Fight!
;-)
 Best E.mail Program For Windows 7 - Dog
>>There's only one way to find out. Fight!<<

Pistols?, or swords.
I tried Thunderbird, but didn't like it. I've now downloaded Windows Live Mail, but it's not a patch on Windows Mail. Why ever did Microsoft ditch it for the Live Mail rubbish?
 Best E.mail Program For Windows 7 - Roger.
IIRC Opera browser has it's own email built in - BUT I found it difficult to use.
I prefer Thunderbird by a mile. You can also get the calendar add-on "Lightning" which gives diary, tasks and reminder and so on.
If you prefer Outlook you could look on ISOHunt or The Pirate Bay. ;/)
 Best E.mail Program For Windows 7 - FocalPoint
I have never used any of the e-mail programs mentioned so far - I go straight to Hotmail.

Am I missing something? What could I do on these other programs that I can't do on Hotmail?
 Best E.mail Program For Windows 7 - Pat
Look at a sensible business like format? ;)

Pat
 Best E.mail Program For Windows 7 - Roger.

>> Am I missing something? What could I do on these other programs that I can't
>> do on Hotmail?
>>

With a dedicated email client, such as TB, you do not have to log on to your web-mail using your web browser.
The mail client can sit there quietly, minimised to the task bar and be set to check mail at intervals you select.
I have TB check my Gmail account every 10 minutes and download any mail, leaving the mail on Gmail's servers as a back-up.
You do not have to be logged in and on-line to compose and or read messages and can easily set filters to put your downloaded mail into specific folders on TB.
 Best E.mail Program For Windows 7 - Stuartli
I used to use Outlook Express, followed by Mozilla Thunderbird, but when Live Mail came with Windows7 I tried it for a while, but did not like it one bit and especially the upgraded 2011 version.

So I went back to Thunderbird and haven't regretted it one iota...:-)

I have downloaded Thunderbird and find it far superior to Windows Live Mail.
 Best E.mail Program For Windows 7 - Manatee
I used Thunderbird for years with IMAP (that's another discussion, but I would recommend it over keeping all your emails on your PC especially if you use several) and was quite happy with it. I certainly found the set up easier to comprehend than the MS products. To me it seemed more grown up than webmail, and I detest the interfaces for hotmail, yahoo etc or did last time I looked at them.

I did occasionally have problems with Thunderbird after updates - password problems usually.

However I have now started using Gmail in the browser and can't really fault it. It's very configurable, reliable and fast. Not so good if you want multiple accounts kept totally separate but I don't. I can send "from" different addresses, archive rather than delete to clear inbox quickly, set up rules etc. and using different PCs every day is not a problem. One less app running on a slow netbook is a bonus.
 Best E.mail Program For Windows 7 - TeeCee
Outlook. Light-years ahead of anything else.
A crying shame that you have to stump for the full version of Office to get it as it's missing from the home and student version. Not cheap.

Of the freebies, I too reckon that Thunderbird is the best.
Latest Forum Posts