Computer Related > Download failure of Land Registry documents. Miscellaneous
Thread Author: L'escargot Replies: 14

Download failure of Land Registry documents. - L'escargot
Since I got my new computer (I had no such problems with my old computer), I've not been able to download title registers, title plans etc from www.landregistry.gov.uk I get to the stage where I have to click on the link to get the download, but the document fails to appear. Land Registry get their fee but I don't get the document. What am I doing wrong? I've contacted Land registry about the problem but they failed to come up with a solution. My computer runs Windows 7, IE9, Kaspersky Internet Security, and it has Adobe Acrobat Reader X. Any thoughts would be gratefully received.
 Download failure of Land Registry documents. - Focusless
When you are presented with the list of possible downloads (title register/plan etc.), can you download the example documents which are also shown?
>> When you are presented with the list of possible downloads (title register/plan etc.), can you
>> download the example documents which are also shown?
>>

No. I get a blank screen.
Last edited by: L'escargot on Fri 11 May 12 at 10:10
 Download failure of Land Registry documents. - John H
>> No. I get a blank screen.
>>

But last time you said that "I got Title number: CS72510".

1. Have you got a pop-up blocker active in IE?
2. Give up on IE9 and try Google-Chrome or Firefox12

p.s. Looks like Land Registry have polished up their website from the original dreadful design of the 90's.
Les,

You need to do some tests to establish where the problem lies, in the following order:

1. is it just the Land Registry web site - try downloading pdf documents from other web sites to prove/disprove this.

2. if it happens everywhere, is it due to:

i. IE9 - try an alternative browser and make sure pop-ups and downloads are enabled.

ii. Adobe Reader X - try an alternative PDF reader and make sure the settings allow documents to be opened/saved.

iii. Kaspersky - disable it and see if the pdf download works.

Is it the same problem as you had before?
www.car4play.com/forum/post/index.htm?t=10016&v=f
>> Is it the same problem as you had before?

Yes.
I've since updated Java.
Perhaps try a different PDF reader - I think this has been recommended before:
www.foxitsoftware.com/Secure_PDF_Reader/
 Download failure of Land Registry documents. - Clk Sec
>> Perhaps try a different PDF reader - I think this has been recommended before:
>> www.foxitsoftware.com/Secure_PDF_Reader/
>>

Good advice. I had problems before I started using Foxit.
Also, instead of left-clicking on the download link(s), can you right-click and do 'save link as...' and save the document as a file on your PC, which you can then try opening outside of the browser?
Last edited by: Focus on Fri 11 May 12 at 10:19
 Download failure of Land Registry documents. - Zero
For the third time of telling i think, I suggest you use another browser. Chrome.
>> For the third time of telling i think, I suggest you use another browser. Chrome.
>>
>>

I think he believes in sticking with the "manufacturer" preferred products. (and/or paid for products such as Kaspersky).

This is despite the fact that
www.landregistry.gov.uk/
flags up as "Internet Explorer recognizes that the webpage isn't compatible" (as indicated by the appearance of the Compatibility View button on the Address bar).

>> This is despite the fact that
>> www.landregistry.gov.uk/
>> flags up as "Internet Explorer recognizes that the webpage isn't compatible" (as indicated by
>> the appearance of the Compatibility View button on the Address bar).

I've not seen a Compatibility View button. In fact I wouldn't know what it looks like.
>> I've not seen a Compatibility View button.
>>

Why didn't you say so here? :
www.car4play.com/forum/post/index.htm?t=10016&m=223476&v=e
" ..... try compatibility view on IE9 .... "

>> In fact I wouldn't know what it looks like.
>>
windows.microsoft.com/en-US/internet-explorer/products/ie-9/features/compatibility-view

>> For the third time of telling ........

One good thing about having a bad memory is that if someone has a go at you, then 3 seconds later you've forgotten all about it!
:-D
Latest Forum Posts