Computer Related > Compact Printer Recommendation Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Clk Sec Replies: 6

Compact Printer Recommendation - Clk Sec
Can anyone recommend a compact (not portable) printer / copier / scanner for use with my desktop PC?

My existing printer is a Dell all-in-one, but I can live without the photo and faxing function.

Thanks.
 Compact Printer Recommendation - Zero
www.car4play.com/forum/post/index.htm?t=10356

My MP499 is pretty small for an all in one, in fact not that much wider than the A4 size of the scanning platen. A bit longer than A4 tho.

I would suggest a toddle along to your nearest Tesco Extra that has a good electrical store or a PC world and check sizes for yourself if that is key.
 Compact Printer Recommendation - Falkirk Bairn

>>
>> I would suggest a toddle along to your nearest Tesco Extra that has a good
>> electrical store or a PC world and check sizes for yourself if that is key.
>>

Then toddle off home, order from Amazon / Dabs etc and save a few quid.

I see Currys/PC World raised bigger loans to pay off loans due to be repaid later this year.
Sounds a bit like Greece /Euro saga

The days of Currys/Comet/Argos et al Mega Sheds must be numbered.........the business model is flawed - spotty yoofs knowing little trying to sell @ higher prices to customers who look, feel, compare and then order on-line later that day.
 Compact Printer Recommendation - Manatee
>> I see Currys/PC World raised bigger loans to pay off loans due to be repaid
>> later this year.
>> Sounds a bit like Greece /Euro saga

Wrong. The £360m overdraft facility has been extended but is reducing in size; and it will redeem £160m in bonds later this year.

www.dixonsretail.com/dixons/en/investors/financialnews/pressreleases?id=538

Incidentally, while some people do research in shops and then buy online, more people still research online then buy in the shop.
Last edited by: Manatee on Sun 27 May 12 at 12:10
 Compact Printer Recommendation - Slidingpillar
Last time I raised the fact that a sheds on-line price was lower than a personal visit price, they reduced the price for me so it wasn't.

I used the excuse I wanted to see the product, but really, I wanted it there and then without having to wait!
 Compact Printer Recommendation - rtj70
PC World's collect in store service is good. Browse online and select to pick up (and pay) in store. That way the stock is likely to be there too. Often bought cheap original inks this way.
 Compact Printer Recommendation - Clk Sec
I seem to have rectified the paper feed problem with my Dell printer, so I'll plod along with it for a while longer.

When I do get around to buying a replacement, I'll probably go for the Canon that Zero mentioned above, or its replacement, or the one that Dog recommended on an earlier thread.

Thanks for the responses.
Latest Forum Posts