Computer Related > More spam? Computing Issues
Thread Author: Focusless Replies: 3

More spam? - Focusless
I've always had a few spam emails waiting in my gmail junk folder each morning, but the number seems to have jumped in the last few days. I also have a Linked-in account - coincidence?
www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-18351986

BTW I've been changing passwords just in case.
 More spam? - Duncan
My mail provider allows me to have various settings for spam. I have it set to 'send suspected spam to the spam box and delete after one month', or words to that effect.

I currently have 355 emails in the spam box, I can view them at any time and move them to my inbox if I wish. I find that it works very well and is pretty accurate at weeding out spam from legitimate emails.

The number is down a bit at the moment, I don't know why, it has been up to 450 or so.
Last edited by: Duncan on Mon 11 Jun 12 at 13:42
 More spam? - Focusless
>> My mail provider allows me to have various settings for spam. I have it set
>> to 'send suspected spam to the spam box and delete after one month', or words
>> to that effect.

That's what gmail does, but I regularly (usually once or twice a day) check the spam box for non-spam then delete them all. The filtering is pretty good.
 More spam? - L'escargot
The only spam I get is out of a tin! I attribute the absence of email spam to being careful about who I allow to get to know my email address.
Last edited by: L'escargot on Mon 11 Jun 12 at 13:56
Latest Forum Posts