Computer Related > Yahoo Mail Computing Issues
Thread Author: NortonES2 Replies: 14

Yahoo Mail - NortonES2
Seems to have keeled over! Anyone else having difficulty?
 Yahoo Mail - sherlock47
Working from here OK as webmail (2 accounts).
 Yahoo Mail - VxFan
>> Anyone else having difficulty?

I was just about to ask the same thing. Couldn't access it last night either.
 Yahoo Mail - lancara
Not having trouble myself, but "Likely Service Disruption" is being reported:

downrightnow.com/yahoomail#refresh
Last edited by: lancara on Tue 12 Jun 12 at 19:27
 Yahoo Mail - MD
I was 'on' ten mins ago.
 Yahoo Mail - NortonES2
It's been up at certain times, but then goes down. Frustrating. This is not the first time Yahoo has been temperamental, so it's probably time to get shot. Have decided to move to Gmail, unless there are downsides?
 Yahoo Mail - John H
>> It's been up at certain times, but then goes down. Frustrating. This is not the
>> first time Yahoo has been temperamental, so it's probably time to get shot. Have decided
>> to move to Gmail, unless there are downsides?
>>
Nort
It has been up and down all day, and yes, this has happened once or twice a year over the last few years.
However I am sticking with it for my POP mail.

Yahoo Mail - VxFan
Seems to have finally sorted itself out now.
 Yahoo Mail - Focusless
>> Have decided to move to Gmail, unless there are downsides?

I've been using it for over 7 years. One outage last year that lasted a day or 2 IIRC and was a PITA, but overall I reckon it's pretty good; no plans to change.
 Yahoo Mail - NortonES2
Thanks Focus. Seems to have good ratings also. And as Yahoo charge $19.99 for the priviledge, I'll probably pass on the renewal. If I can persuade the bank not to pay out on CPA. Bit of a mistake possibly...
 Yahoo Mail - John H
>> Thanks Focus. Seems to have good ratings also. And as Yahoo charge $19.99 for the
>> priviledge,
>>

Nil, nowt paid by me.

I have full access to Yahoo (web and POP) mail. No charges asked for, ever, for the privilege.

Perhaps you are using the US version, hence your $ charges?

Yahoo Mail - NortonES2
I went for it to continue to be able to use POP. Maybe I needn't? Looking at the "cancellation" option it states "You will lose the ability to POP or forward your email. "
among other dire warnings. The POP aspect is all I'm concerned about.
 Yahoo Mail - NortonES2
Extra info: wanted to contue to use Apple Mail, hence needed to set up POP forwarding.
 Yahoo Mail - John H
for me, using yahoo.co.uk, the following POP settings work for free, i.e. without having to upgrade to the US paid "yahoo PLUS" service.

help.yahoo.com/l/uk/yahoo/mail/yahoomail/pop/pop-06.html

Yahoo Mail - Focusless
BTW I don't use POP with gmail so can't comment on how well (or otherwise) that works.
Latest Forum Posts