Computer Related > Purchasing via Google Wallet Computing Issues
Thread Author: busbee Replies: 8

Purchasing via Google Wallet - busbee
Google Wallet problems.

I keep a Visa card especially for web purchases. It has made many purchases over the last 3 years without a problem. The card is also Visa registered and Visa sometimes puts a window up for me to verify it is me that is using the card. Still no problems.

I recently used Google, now Google Wallet apparently, to take the payment and that also went smoothly for a first Wallet purchase and the goods arrived next day. Then, wanting another of the same, about a week later, I used Google again. All went OK at first. The purchase apparently went through.

20 minutes later I get an email from Google saying "We were unable to verify your card, your account has been suspended, and the purchase has been cancelled". It had a link to click to sort the problem. (My bank A/C showed the money as being reserved)

Via that email link I got a page asking me to fill in my name etc., and to also copy various documents, passport etc., and send the copies to them via email. Just just like an unknown wanting to open a bank account for the first time.

And I am going to do all that for the privilege of paying Google an extra £1+ for using them? Get real.

My Google account is now blocked and getting an access code via the telephone does not enable access.

I don't mind not using Google. What I do mind is the cancellation leaving the impression, at the purchase site, that I am an unreliable purchaser.

Beware Google Wallet. Knowing what I know now, I would not use it.

Anyone else have anything to report?
 Purchasing via Google Wallet - Zero
Never used it. Paypal is more universal, and I have linked it to a pre-pay credit card.
Yes, I use paypal linked to the card but it was not on offer at that site.
So I used google linked to the card.

I will go back for a purchase in a few days and use the card.
 Purchasing via Google Wallet - Zero
We really don't need multiple proprietary ways of paying for stuff over the net. Credit cards work well without some other multiple outfits trying to cream some cash out of us.
I agree. I enrolled for google purchasing some time ago when I had an off-moment and thought it was Paypal by another name and they had lost my details.

I am only going back to the vendor's site.
 Purchasing via Google Wallet - Fullchat
My mate at work somehow has managed to get his email address and Paypal password hacked so that someone in Vietnam has tried making purchases on his behalf. Paypal did raise a query with him which halted the transactions.
 Purchasing via Google Wallet - movilogo
Even after looking at this www.google.com/wallet/what-is-google-wallet.html , I am still not convinced why I'd like to use this.

Credit car is accepted nearly everywhere. If some businesses do not accept credit card, it is unlikely to accept Google Wallet as well.

Last edited by: VxFan on Wed 20 Jun 12 at 18:37
Incredible

Yesterday I received an invoice, from the supplier, for the phone order that Google said they had cancelled. My bank A/C is showing that sum of money is being held in reserve for a payment. ! ! !
 Purchasing via Google Wallet - Iffy
Seems to me Google Wallet, like Paypal, acts as a bank.

But again like Paypal, it isn't subject to UK banking regulations.

Avoid.

Latest Forum Posts