Computer Related > Good or bad service? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Iffy Replies: 7

Good or bad service? - Iffy
The Sky broadband in Iffy Towers conked out last night.

A bit of tinkering led me to believe there was a problem with the phone line.

I don't like call centres, so with some reluctance I lifted the phone to contact Sky.

After pressing button one to tell them I was calling about broadband, there was the following recorded message:

"We are aware of a problem with the broadband at your exchange which should be rectified within four hours."

I don't know if they hit the target, but it was working again this morning.

On balance, I think I've received good service.

Breakdowns happen, but at least they informed me of what was going on and fixed it reasonably promptly, without me having to ask.

Good or bad service? - rtj70
That does sound like good service - yes things do go wrong with IT services.

It's lucky you don't have to pay for the call though - I bet otherwise it is an 0844 number.
 Good or bad service? - Kevin
>The Sky broadband in Iffy Towers conked out last night.

Funny you should say that Iffy.

My Sky broadband was not working this morning. Sorted itself out about 10am.
 Good or bad service? - Zero
If its more than a local exchange, its invariably a BT issue!
This was definitely BT Zero. The uplink LED on the router was flashing amber trying to establish a link. I managed to fix it by making another cup of tea.

I've been with Sky for a couple of years now and the service has been much more reliable than the company contract we had with BT. With BT I was forever having problems with their DHCP and, more often their DNS servers, going down.
 Good or bad service? - Iffy
...The uplink LED on the router was flashing amber trying to establish a link...

So was mine, not that I knew what it meant, only that it didn't usually do it.

A report on The Register this afternoon says that BT have had four different outages today affecting multiple ISPs.

www.theregister.co.uk/2012/06/21/bt_major_outage/
 Good or bad service? - rtj70
I wonder if this is what impacted RBS/Natwest - something related? I can't login to Vodafone either. Probably not related...

BT working fine here all day. But I'm a bit outside London ;-)
Latest Forum Posts