Computer Related > Work email access Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Iffy Replies: 5

Work email access - Iffy
I can access my work emails from any computer using a secure (supposedly) website, but a wrinkle has emerged.

The site address is along the lines of 'owa ((company name))/exchange'

It no longer works on the netbook using Firefox.

I get a 'security certificate expired' message, and no option to go to the site anyway.

If I open explorer on the netbook and attempt to log in, I get a warning page with a 'not recommended' option to proceed, which works.

To complicate matters further, the site still works using Firefox on the MacBook.

Both versions of Firefox are up to date, as far as I know.

I can manage as it is now well enough, but I am curious as to why the netbook/Firefox combo has stopped working.
 Work email access - rtj70
Is there a setting you've turned on that won't allow access if certificate has expired. And the other browsers you have access to are warning you but let you on?

Have you alerted the support people to tell them the certificate has expired?
 Work email access - Zero
you need to knock down the security levels on Firefox.
 Work email access - Iffy
Thanks for the swift replies.

rtj,

I've not changed anything, so the state of play is netbook/firefox used to work but now won't, netbook/explorer works with a warning, and MacBook/firefox works without a warning.

Zero,

I might have a root around the security settings on netbook/firefox, although I'm wary of solving one problem I can work around only to create others I can't.

Work email access - rtj70
It might have worked before because the certificate had not expired. Now it has the more locked down setting on the Netbook stops it working.
 Work email access - Iffy
...It might have worked before because the certificate had not expired...

Could be, although the message from netbook/firefox says security certifcate expired in July, 2010.

I don't use it every day, but it was working within the last few weeks.

Latest Forum Posts