Computer Related > Gozi/Zeus Computing Issues
Thread Author: Stuu Replies: 2

Gozi/Zeus - Stuu
I met both of these last night and in a couple of minutes I couldnt do a thing.

I read they are after your bank details - I have Trusteer on my laptop which to its credit was putting up a fight but it seems the rest of my computer lost out. Anyone know if Trusteer can resist these two?

Ive wiped my laptop and started again, no idea if that will help but so far its running fine albeit with a mountain of updates.

It was triggered by my starting a full scan funny enough, then all hell broke loose.

Also, is there any security that can protect against these two or is it just hope and pray one doesnt come across them, reports online seem doubtful about full protection?
 Gozi/Zeus - Zero
>> I met both of these last night and in a couple of minutes I couldnt
>> do a thing.

Dont know why it means you couldn't do a thing, its a stealth trojan and you shouldn't know about it.

>> I read they are after your bank details - I have Trusteer on my laptop
>> which to its credit was putting up a fight but it seems the rest of
>> my computer lost out. Anyone know if Trusteer can resist these two?

Trusteer has been known to throw up false positives and then cause havoc trying to get rid of something that doesn't exist.

>> Ive wiped my laptop and started again, no idea if that will help but so
>> far its running fine albeit with a mountain of updates.

that will be fine.
Last edited by: Zero on Sun 29 Jul 12 at 21:35
 Gozi/Zeus - Stuu
Well suddenly my computer had some error and had to shut down, then when it came back on none of the security would turn on.
Trusteer noted malware attack, once for Zeus and about 8 for Gozi, all time stamped when my issues started so I assumed it was that, but I know nothing.

Certainly something was having a nibble!

Thanks for the reassurance, I know less about computers than I know about old cars :-p
Latest Forum Posts