Computer Related > EPSON "Compatible Cartridges - Problem Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Meldrew Replies: 5

EPSON "Compatible Cartridges - Problem - Meldrew
I have just replaced one cartridge in an Epson SX printer and now all cartridges are showing as unrecognised and it won't print. I put the empty one back in and it still won't print anything. I there any way round the chipped cartridge problem or have I got to buy expensive genuine Epson ones? Thanks
 EPSON "Compatible Cartridges - Problem - No FM2R
Had this last time using catridges from StinkyInk. Took them out and put them back in a couple of times and they started working. Assuming you have the right ones of course.
Thanks - another forum says that once you have put one incompatible cartridge in the printer is "locked" and can only be cleared by refilling with genuine Epson, all 4 cartridges. I must get my friend to give me the exact model number so I can download the manual. There seems to be some problem with removing/changing cartridges which are not expired - they do not line up with the removal slot.
 EPSON "Compatible Cartridges - Problem - No FM2R
>>another forum says that once you have put one incompatible cartridge in the printer is "locked"

I tried to use a word to describe my thoughts. I forgot the sweary thing. Suffice to say that this would not align with my experiences.

My printers get whatever ever catridge that a)fits and b) is close to hand/ They switch between Epson and lookalike all the time. We have three Epsons in the house and never experienced any "locking" or similar.

Last edited by: No FM2R on Mon 30 Jul 12 at 18:59
 EPSON "Compatible Cartridges - Problem - Fullchat
I had an Epson stylus RX520 for which I used compatible inks. When I put them in it would throw up some message telling me the printer did not recognise the cartridges or some some such thing but I just pressed continue and everything worked OK.
Thanks for the comments; I shan't be able to try anything for over a week but I will report back when I do.
Latest Forum Posts