Computer Related > Hosting, servers and all that Computing Issues
Thread Author: car4play Replies: 7

Hosting, servers and all that - car4play
I have just migrated to VMWare ESX on our servers using an HP SAN. I haven't moved the two remaining servers we have onto it yet but hope to do so over the next few weeks. This site is on one of those servers, so there may be a few issues when we do that as we will also migrate to Centos 6 from 5. I am currently testing on a new target virtual machine.

The upshot of all this is that all our storage and server capacity is much more useable. A SAN with 24 disk drives accessible to 3 servers is better usage than two pairs mirroring and replicating each other.
I have also consolidated the backup servers so that these now do efficient daily archives, so loads of space there too.
HJ used to host on our servers until the end of last year and their departure has also freed up loads of resources.

So if any of you are looking for hosting of your own and want to try out using our facilities you would be most welcome.
 Hosting, servers and all that - car4play
Ok - moved to Centos 6 on Vmware ESX this morning. Some of you might have noticed the few mins downtime.
Seems to be quicker on VMWare...
Last edited by: car4play on Mon 13 Aug 12 at 10:51
 Hosting, servers and all that - VxFan
Ah, that might explain why it kept freezing up for me earlier. Changing to a browser with no add ons must have coincided with you flicking the switch back on.
 Hosting, servers and all that - bathtub tom
I was wondering if you two had fallen out and weren't talking.

;>)
 Hosting, servers and all that - Pat
They're both the same person, didn't you know that Tubby Tommy?:)

Pat
 Hosting, servers and all that - rtj70
>> They're both the same person, didn't you know that Tubby Tommy?:)

car4play is Stephen and vxFan is Dave...
 Hosting, servers and all that - MD
Car4play is Stephen
vxFan is Dave
Eddie liked the Summertime blues
And Buddy liked a Rave

Night............
 Hosting, servers and all that - Pat
Thanks Martin....I was trying to wind them up!

Pat
Latest Forum Posts